Bonfire record attempt in northern ireland

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's alright, there's a fence round it

Peace preach all the religions. Kill! Scream the various religious fanatics.  Better off forgetting about organised religions and honour God in your own way if you are a believer.  Still fig

Alright fellas, bit of a record to maybe broken this year by a port town called larne and their monstrous bonfire going for over 200ft in height

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Great achievement building the highest stack of pallets in history ? Don’t see what all the fuss is about mind. Burning effigies of catholics, pictures of nationalist MP’s, Palestine flags, and banners reading ‘kill all taigs’ is centuries old culture right? Like the anti catholic marches in Scotland they’re a fcuking abomination in the 21st century.., and the majority of Scottish society find the whole thing cringeworthy…, and me personally I find it utterly cowardly. I’m not catholic, but know many who are, including some family, and have never felt any compulsion to remind them of a battle which happened over 300 years ago, or blow flutes and bang drums outside their churches in an attempt to intimidate them. I can’t begin to understand what it was like being raised in some of the housing estates in the North of Ireland, especially 30 or 40 years ago, violence breeding hatred, breeding yet more violence.., and I really pity anyone who is born into it. Think if it was me I’d get the fcuk out of it, or at least buy my kids a one way ticket as far away from all that poison as possible. We all get only one crack at life, and to spend it steeped in hatred of people you don’t know for what went on in the past is utter madness to me. Surely if there’s to be any progress, then these bigots shouldn’t be allowed to (literally) fan the flames of hatred. If this had been a stack with a Pakistani flag on it and a banner reading ‘kill all pakis’ it wouldn’t have got 20, never mind 200 feet tall. That in itself also speaks volumes.

I’m a catholic, all my family are catholics……and I have never got the least bit offended by anti catholic stuff….ever ! 
Whatever happened to “Go f**k yourself” ? And moving on ?

I have been subject to anti English stuff since I lived here, my reply “Go f**k your self you Irish c**t” …….imho if you don’t do that then you are just another “it’s racist” cry baby and f**k have I ever wanted to be that ! 

Nothing wrong with a bit of good old fashioned British isles religious bigotry, like national bigotry…..all good fun amongst lads….Jesus Christ, we ain’t pansy Americans or wogs yet are we ? 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, pesky1972 said:

Great achievement building the highest stack of pallets in history ? Don’t see what all the fuss is about mind. Burning effigies of catholics, pictures of nationalist MP’s, Palestine flags, and banners reading ‘kill all taigs’ is centuries old culture right? Like the anti catholic marches in Scotland they’re a fcuking abomination in the 21st century.., and the majority of Scottish society find the whole thing cringeworthy…, and me personally I find it utterly cowardly. I’m not catholic, but know many who are, including some family, and have never felt any compulsion to remind them of a battle which happened over 300 years ago, or blow flutes and bang drums outside their churches in an attempt to intimidate them. I can’t begin to understand what it was like being raised in some of the housing estates in the North of Ireland, especially 30 or 40 years ago, violence breeding hatred, breeding yet more violence.., and I really pity anyone who is born into it. Think if it was me I’d get the fcuk out of it, or at least buy my kids a one way ticket as far away from all that poison as possible. We all get only one crack at life, and to spend it steeped in hatred of people you don’t know for what went on in the past is utter madness to me. Surely if there’s to be any progress, then these bigots shouldn’t be allowed to (literally) fan the flames of hatred. If this had been a stack with a Pakistani flag on it and a banner reading ‘kill all pakis’ it wouldn’t have got 20, never mind 200 feet tall. That in itself also speaks volumes.

Read up on history, you celebrate all things Scottish and william wallace??? Something similar here, the irish celebrate the easter rising and have the internment bonfires too along with their parades, (the irish nationalists). So for it to work its acceptance from both sides, not 1 side crying victim and foul then months before or after doing the exact same, which seems to be the run of the mill over here

4 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

You will find the distaste for the police on both sides, they are absolute vvankers

7 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

Ah ok mate - is it meant to be a nasty term?

Doesn't bother me jon

There are len,full of wronguns

Edited by Francie
  • Like 1