Kible / biscuits

11 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

loose and stinks i’m on james well beloved at moment 40 quid a bag works out dearer that a kilo a mince ? 

used eukanuba arden grange both good foods i think 

Crazy the price for a good bag of grub but IV never mined spending on dogs

• Like 1

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feed mine on raw, usually minced chicken, green tripe or salmon. They also get raw lamb and beef bones, and chicken wings and carcasses; But I also get a bag of cheap complete to use as a

It doesn’t matter how much googling you do a dogs digestive system is designed to eat and process a certain type of food. And it isn’t dry biscuits made in a lab.  

they have there owner on a vegan diet ? 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, D Lloyd said:

I gave them a fresh liver yesterday they were like Paranas on it lol

yeh mix it up...muscle meat organs ...bones ...oily fish...goats milk ..bit of vege good kible

• Like 4

sorry to hijack the thread but do people not mind feeding the kibble with grain?  A lot is said about grain free being best just wondering what people think on that matter as im not  sure ?

9 minutes ago, Samrog said:

sorry to hijack the thread but do people not mind feeding the kibble with grain?  A lot is said about grain free being best just wondering what people think on that matter as im not  sure ?

i use abit of kibble just a mug full with the raw meat think it is a grain free one  well it says wheat free, ,but i do feed fish maybe once a week along with veg  seems to work no sloppy  shite jobs a goodun  ....

• Like 4

A cup of kibble with a bit of gravy in the morning after his walk. After that, as others have said, one main meal, a mix of organ, muscle and fat. I’m lucky in that I get bags of scraps from the butchers for free, so cost pretty much fuuck all.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Samrog said:

Alot o the grain free use soya as a bulker instead so your no better off really ,as dogs not meant 2 eat grain but not tofu either 

Meat 

• Like 2

I feed mine on raw, usually minced chicken, green tripe or salmon. They also get raw lamb and beef bones, and chicken wings and carcasses;

FullSizeRender.jpg.b7afb195ef46cb21942acb00b79d1797.jpg

But I also get a bag of cheap complete to use as a mixer.

My feed store guy reckons I shouldn't mix complete and raw, but I tend to disagree with him, I've allways done it and never noticed any problems.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 7
17 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I feed mine on raw, usually minced chicken, green tripe or salmon. They also get raw lamb and beef bones, and chicken wings and carcasses;

My feed store guy reckons I shouldn't mix complete and raw, but I tend to disagree with him, Ives allways done in and never noticed any problems.

Cheers.

Iv always fed raw with good success jest thought pups might be missing out on something not that IV ever had trouble feeding pups this way over the years

48 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

My feed store guy reckons I shouldn't mix complete and raw, but I tend to disagree with him, I've allways done it and never noticed any problems.

Cheers.

I'm the same as you,a variety of different raw,offal and oily fish,bags of sprats etc, spoonful of salmon/sprat oil,for kibble I use that gain?DSC_2013.JPG.37855e1369dec50f1486b6072f16146d.JPG

• Like 3

Have a look at a site called all about dog foods, it will give you an unbiased breakdown of pretty much all branded feeds. 

I use a company called essential and they do 2 puppy feeds called the beggining (one for small and one for large breeds, calcium requirements are different), their superior living is what I run the adults on and they also do a stamina version which is like rocket fuel for working season. It's good stuff at a reasonable price, its also geared for slow release energy rather than the sugar rush cheap mixes. if you're buying a 12kg bag for 15-20 quid, realistically what do you think is going to be in it? After packaging, transport, wholesaler profit and retailer profit there's not much room Left for quality ingredients. There's also the fact that with a quality food you don't need to feed as much to get the same nutrient value,so at 15 quid a bag a pal of mine feeds his runner a huge bowl (with the expected cow pat of bulkers and by products at the other end) and I in comparison use an average breakfast bowl serving and get a nice hard stool, better recovery times, more energy, less veterinary intervention and we spend roughly the same. 

• Like 2