Rail strikes

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I work for Network Rail and the comments by Schapps are hilarious he keeps bleating on about how much drivers are paid Network Rail do not employ any drivers for one it’s the TOCs the train operating

Mick Lynch has been a breath of fresh air. He's trounced every interviewer and slippery politician he's been up against despite their training in public speaking, debating and media presentation. He's

@WILF In amongst the emos lol View of main stage with domes on way out Main stage at Eden project

Posted Images

I don't use rail except maybe in London on a day trip, I think it's vastly over priced, dated network and equipment. It won't affect me , but I think a modern network with cheap subsidised fares is probably the best way to help environment and get cars off of the over populated roads... A lot of commuters have begun to work from home or found other means of travel, probably affecting Glastonbury more than people I know, who all drive cars...

The rails a mixed bag for me , 

I can leave Kent at just shy of half two on a Friday and be sat at home in North Yorkshire at 6 , which just isn’t possible in the car. 

Sundays can be better slightly even as I can catch a train at five and be sat typing away again at half 8 in my room . 

price wise , if I book in advance three to four weeks , It will cost me £80 ish , I can catch odd seats etc here there nearer but if not , it’s 120 ish one way . 

I like the train, getting the link from London up to Darlington is a lovely scenic journey , lovely in the summer ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

Will anyone here be effected or has the unions strangle hold slipped from what they once had on the nation 

media_FViYyF4WIAIa6Z8.png

There used to be 13 million union members but now there are something like 6 million….that’s what I read anyway.

There was a time when I would have been all “oh, unions at it again” but now days with people getting rinsed right, left and centre while politicians just carry on f***ing about all exes paid I’m very much of the opinion “Good for them, get every penny you can back off the greedy f***ing government” 

Governments can’t have it all ways round, they can’t regulate and tax people until their eyes bleed and not be subject to people using the rules against them and asking for some of that gargantuan lake of money they keep nicking off folks. 

• Like 6

It's cheaper to fly from Newcastle to New York than to get the train from Newcastle to London on a standard fare.

Doesnt affect me, I haven't been on a train since 1977.

Im pretty ambivalent about strikes....if it's for better conditions and fairer pay, fine.....if it's political to bring down a democratically elected government, then no.

What pisses me off is barristers wanting a 25% pay rise out of the legal aid fund....they can go f**k themsellves, when was the last time anyone saw a barrister in a food bank ? 

Cheers.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

It's cheaper to fly from Newcastle to New York than to get the train from Newcastle to London on a standard fare.

Doesnt affect me, I haven't been on a train since 1977.

Im pretty ambivalent about strikes....if it's for better conditions and fairer pay, fine.....if it's political to bring down a democratically elected government, then no.

What pisses me off is barristers wanting a 25% pay rise out of the legal aid fund....they can go f**k themsellves, when was the last time anyone saw a barrister in a food bank ? 

Cheers.

Good points there mate ?

I used to live 23 miles outside the centre of London, I can fly from Ireland to London for half the money it used to cost me on the train from where I used to live…….less than half in fact !

The point you make about unions wanting to bring down governments is part of the reason I think union membership may have dropped off…..many folks realised that is wasn’t about workers and more about power for those at the top for some of those unions.

The working man was betrayed on all sides.

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

The rails a mixed bag for me , 

I can leave Kent at just shy of half two on a Friday and be sat at home in North Yorkshire at 6 , which just isn’t possible in the car. 

Sundays can be better slightly even as I can catch a train at five and be sat typing away again at half 8 in my room . 

price wise , if I book in advance three to four weeks , It will cost me £80 ish , I can catch odd seats etc here there nearer but if not , it’s 120 ish one way . 

I like the train, getting the link from London up to Darlington is a lovely scenic journey , lovely in the summer ?

Where in Kent are you working mate. 

As a kid we caught Trains everywhere it was Pennies now days i wonder who can afford it ? i understand  that people in the know can get cheap fares by booking months in advance and certain times of the day but who wants to do all that for a day out?.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, socks said:

Where in Kent are you working mate. 

Oh, we are calling it working now ?…….like being a professional buffoon is actually a job ! X

• Haha 2

Off to London on Friday to watch Green Day, would usually take the train as I hate driving across London... but no chance with limited service and no service on Saturday... think the roads will be mental though, so not looking forward to hitting the M25

• Like 1