Rabbit numbers

Looks to me like rabbits are doing well this year. In the van and down the lane 05:15 this morning counted 30 odd in quarter of a mile on the road and verge’s. I’m on the way to Scotland. Pulled off the motorway in Lancashire down a few lanes to let the dogs out for a piss. Every field was full of them. Nice to see. I’m East Cheshire, Havnt seen that many together round me for years ???? Anyone seeing similar??

Edited by Samrog
  • Like 2

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

numbers have been poor for years here. I mainly mooch, foraging I call it. always have a catty in my pocket, sometimes take a ferret and half a dozen nets. sometimes gat a rabbit and a pheasant, other

Well said ? I had my last two lurchers put down due to illness and at 70 I had thoughts about giving up the game, but that didn't last long and I got myself a deer/grey pup. The pup, the pou

? I can't ever see the rabbits coming back in numbers, in my area... They have taken too much stick over the last few decades, and apart from the usual Summer crop , where you seem to see conies

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Tick Tock said:

Plenty of rabbits about mate all over and I work throughout England.

Did you see many around Morpeth ?

Im just south of there and I'm not seeing many, more hares and roe to be honest ?

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Two weeks ago  i drove over 300 miles  between  Leicestershire  and the South of England and never saw one dead on the Roads we traveled on , around me are 4 massive  shooting estates and not a Rabbit on them .

1 hour ago, micky said:

Two weeks ago  i drove over 300 miles  between  Leicestershire  and the South of England and never saw one dead on the Roads we traveled on , around me are 4 massive  shooting estates and not a Rabbit on them .

With a lot of shoots not being on the keepers will be turning their attention to the rabbits I would imagine, with the added bonus of a bit of pocket money for any they sell onto game dealers 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

There's a few about round me...but with the summer airgunners and mixi ,I won't hold my breath ?

Then the usual excuse it’s pest control, then same lads moaning about lack of numbers come September, once I have finished I’m done until the next season 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

There's a few about round me...but with the summer airgunners and mixi ,I won't hold my breath ?

They want thrashing mate.  I come across an account on Instagram taking pics of his air rifle next to dead baby rabbit.  Pathetic.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Tick Tock said:

Plenty of rabbits about mate all over and I work throughout England.

Aup Greb. I havnt seen that many in one area where I live since I was teen I’d say. Over 15 years ago mate. Exciting times if they’re on the up again. Not many lads round me run dogs or shoot either. 

2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Did you see many around Morpeth ?

Im just south of there and I'm not seeing many, more hares and roe to be honest ?

Cheers.

That’s how it is here. Not Deer tho. Plenty of hares. 

Seeing increased numbers this year where I am, still only in pockets though but more that the last few years. Things usually start to look good throughout the summer then the myxi raises its head around august September time and it’s back to square one 

• Like 1