Love the smell, hate the taste. Haven't had a coffee for best part of 30 years but I do drink about 4 or 5 pints of tea a day.

Mrs buys Douwe Egberts no.4 dark roast and mixes the granules with some Lavazzo or similar. 

Cheers, D.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's a McDonald's and a Tim Horton opened right next to each other here so a dollar a coffee, but they have stopped the unlimited refills.  Had a really nice cup at an independent yesterday 2

My Mrs bought a new stainless steel flask.....2 days later I posted it to Ireland full of toad spawn. Poor woman is still searching for it ???

Anyone paying more than a quid for a cup of coffee has more money than sense ! ? ! Lidl's own brand Gold Blend, £2:20 a jar. Take a flask full to the allotment, sit in the sun with the chick

Posted Images

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Exactly the same born . 

I rarely drink anything then than water , lucazade  or coffee 

we’ve got a proper machine in the office stacked with granules from a coffee firm called contact coffee , some of the names are a bit cringe but it’s part an parcel of the whole instagram CrossFit operator image , 

I get those 3 in 1 sachets and bury them constantly all day . Never asleep before midnight ??

Coffee seemed to become ‘cool’ in those circles for some reason. Was it art15 black rifle coffee that was the first on the scene?

Fair fucks to them all making successful brands out of it. Wasted on me! :laugh:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Councilestatekid said:

Can't belive the price some places are charging just been into a cafe got 2 lattes cost me £8.50 gave mrs a 10er when she came back gave me £1.50 change I said did you decide to get something to eat she said no thats just for the coffee looked at menu £6.50 for a sausage sandwich £6 for a bacon wow just wow and wonder why there closing down

Just had same conversation with my girlfriend went to cafe had 2 lattes and  I had £3 ish change from £10 an they didn’t taste that great.

• Like 1

Anyone paying more than a quid for a cup of coffee has more money than sense ! ? !

Lidl's own brand Gold Blend, £2:20 a jar.

Take a flask full to the allotment, sit in the sun with the chickens chirping, the ducks quacking and the dogs lying about.......f**k those robbing b*****ds like Costa and Starbucks ! ? !

Cheers.

• Like 5

I'm bad for grabbing coffee, but mostly Greggs , cheap enough, if I'm sat down somewhere I'll have a pot of tea, most places don't make a decent brew so a coffee is normally a safer bet. 

10 minutes ago, baker boy said:

My old man loved it, wasnt it coffee and chickory or something

summat like that mate, used to have nowt else back in my days, daughter took me in costa the other week, fer a coffee n a slice of cake, i got no change out of £20 i nearly passed out 

it can get expensive when you tot it up ..

I went through a stage of getting a hot chocolate from Mcdonald on the way home from work 4..5 nights a week...then looked at me bank statement one month...soon knocked that on the head

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I live on instant! Total f***ing philistine too, the cheapest supermarket home branded stuff and just pour it into a mug out of the jar. Probably 90% of my daily fluid intake.

I couldn’t tell a good one from a bad one. I paid two quid at the farm cafe for one this morning though, but in town it’d be nearer 4-5.

7 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Im the same , my brother has the proper coffee beans machine and i cant stand it . I will have nescafe or basic brand . Not a fan of posh coffee 

Instant for me as well, wont be nescafe though lol too expensive.

SINDASOX ?

10 hours ago, mushroom said:

Wtf I drink a coffee everyday when I walk the dog on a morning, 1€

Same here in France. Cup of expresso or cafe american for a euro.

• Like 1