46 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Back in the days when the Exchange & Mart was the equivalent of the Internet for us older folk, it was easy to send birds, ferrets, dogs, etc, unaccompanied, by rail in the guards van.

I don't know if it's still possible, or, indeed if trains still have guards or guards vans !

Cheers.

i know you could bk then chart but it was a whole different time 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why complicate things ? Keep the guinea fowl enclosed and feed them at the same time every day until they start coming to to you at feed time, and they are "hanted" as we say up here, just like h

We keep gleanies,  I love them, they are brain dead, hysterical, noisy, ruthless,  comical little dinosaurs.  As I sit here now I have 38 eggs in the incubator that went in yesterday . When they are k

I’ve been to Jamaica a few times and I love tree frogs sitting there nice and warm a few beers a rum chaser listening to this there’s not much finer things in life I believe but then I am easily pleas

Posted Images

2 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

I don't know why you've got a little hard on for me or why you find it so funny but it's just another topic your clueless about 

topic i’m clueless about ? ? how you posting these birds then shh please enlighten me 

Just now, gnipper said:

Walkers transport or one of the many pet/livestock couriers out there.

Thought the same, didn't see a stupid question to be honest, there must be a fair few livestock couriers??

Not sure id pay the carriage on £2 chicks though, surely some local  SHH?

5 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Thought the same, didn't see a stupid question to be honest, there must be a fair few livestock couriers??

a bit a common sense ? 

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

topic i’m clueless about ? ? how you posting these birds then shh please enlighten me 

Via a courier; you obviously are clueless 

1 hour ago, gnipper said:

Walkers transport or one of the many pet/livestock couriers out there.

That's who the pigeon lads all use

1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

We have them local mate but I was just thinking as off another member to help cover the cost of his heat/crumb. 

May not be worth it but just thought I may be able to help clear any surplus he had.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Back in the day ~ it was easy to send birds, ferrets, dogs, etc, unaccompanied, by rail in the guards van.

I sent a rat across country, by rail, Charts. Just in a knocked up wooden box. That was about 1980 or so. So, yeah, late as that. I'd dread to think Now though! :icon_eek:

And, yeah, hopping in the van to go up the station and pick up a Dog? I thought everyone must be doing that, it was so normal, to me as a kid :laugh:

' Where is it, Dad? '. " It's on this train son. " Step on. Unhitch lead. Off we'd go. Parallel fukking universe back then though, eh? :no:

• Like 1

Will be someone local will have what your after...put the feelers out...I asked yesterday and got a reply,I drive to Liverpool tomorrow pick up a van and when I get home I will be knocking up a coop and run for my new OEG?

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

when I get home I will be knocking up a coop and run for my new OEG?

You fukker! I have a full on aviary here. I only need a night box for it. Days I've been agonising over it! Literally unable to sleep for my mind spinning round about screw sizes. Bits of wood placement. Measurements.

Trains of thought the following of which could weary a comet. And you off handedly mention ye gonna knock the whole thing up, as ye birds watch? Evil fukker! :D

I may be The Sloth. But, I'm fukking Determined.  One relentless step after another. Inching ever closer to my target!

P1010001.JPG.2d039e538811560c63ea41880a5116bb.JPG

It's a fukking Start, for fukk sake!!! :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

You fukker! I have a full on aviary here. I only need a night box for it. Days I've been agonising over it! Literally unable to sleep for my mind spinning round about screw sizes. Bits of wood placement. Measurements.

Trains of thought the following of which could weary a comet. And you off handedly mention ye gonna knock the whole thing up, as ye birds watch? Evil fukker! :D

I may be The Sloth. But, I'm fukking Determined.  One relentless step after another. Inching ever closer to my target!

P1010001.JPG.2d039e538811560c63ea41880a5116bb.JPG

It's a fukking Start, for fukk sake!!! :rofl:

That just reminded me...pick up some of those feeders when I get my layers pellets and corn??

• Like 1