Yep. I was asking around for birds. Got a phone number for a woman close by. It was Just humanly possible that I might be coming home with a couple of birds.

I have a perfectly good room they could live in, till I finish their flight. But, I'm Way too long in the tooth to have had this woman fixing me with the beady eye and slyly asking;

" And just what will ye be doing, when ye get them home? "

She wouldn't have been catching me out with that one! I've bought a creature or two before. I have a bin of feed here too :yes:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why complicate things ? Keep the guinea fowl enclosed and feed them at the same time every day until they start coming to to you at feed time, and they are "hanted" as we say up here, just like h

We keep gleanies,  I love them, they are brain dead, hysterical, noisy, ruthless,  comical little dinosaurs.  As I sit here now I have 38 eggs in the incubator that went in yesterday . When they are k

I’ve been to Jamaica a few times and I love tree frogs sitting there nice and warm a few beers a rum chaser listening to this there’s not much finer things in life I believe but then I am easily pleas

Posted Images

Shit's getting serious!!! :boogy:

Here's the situation: I have an 8' x 4' steel sectional aviary. Bolts together. That's to hold my broodys and the keets, till I can let them all free range. But, it needs a lock box for their night shelter. K?

4' x 4' wooden box, in the top back. Fine. But, I can't build it in there. No way to reach it with a screw driver or spanner, through the panels of mesh. Plus, it won't float there. It'll need some serious supports.

This afternoons grand plan was to ~ get this! :laugh: ~ cable tie four fence posts to the four 'corners', inside the cage. Then, with the back panel removed, 'fork lift' the preconstructed box in and onto the posts.

'Why not drive posts into the ground?'. Well, because, as the ground sours, I'd want to ('fork lift') shift the whole thing over. (Let's just not notice the fukking drama all That would entail. Even if I Had access to a fork lift!)

So, tonight I had that moment of epiphany! I rung my mate and asked him a ball park on an eight by four slab! " What for? " He asked. I said I could have scaffold bars set in it. To act as supports for my box.

I could then simply build the box straight on top of the poles. Working as if the box base was my work bench. Then, just bolt the cage back together around the lot! Screwed to the base, the cage would be 100% even rat proof!

Concrete would never sour. No need to ever move the whole thing again. No need to be fork lifting any fukking great boxes about! :D

" Where would you get a fork lift? " He slyly enquired. " Shut up! " I said.