• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Possibly my favourite clip of the whole Internet...

I was gifted a teckel pup from imported working parents, but I'm a running dog man so gave it to my brother when he had his old Jack Russel put down, Some people think they are terriers, bu

So you got her what you wanted?

Posted Images

1 minute ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Anyone got one? How are they with young kids ect house training ? Might pick one up for a indoor family dog. 

think you have one @NEWKID

any advice appreciated!

My sons got one, his fiance has 3 or 4,horrible yappy little things, his fiance bred a litter, they are harlequin,like a dappled colour, oh, just remembered my sons dog has killed a couple of rats. 

7 minutes ago, mackem said:

My sons got one, his fiance has 3 or 4,horrible yappy little things, his fiance bred a litter, they are harlequin,like a dappled colour, oh, just remembered my sons dog has killed a couple of rats. 

Seen pictures of a working type cocker spaniel that colour. f**k knows where it came from but it'll be a gold mine I reckon.

1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

Seen pictures of a working type cocker spaniel that colour. f**k knows where it came from but it'll be a gold mine I reckon.

The pups went for a good price because of the colouring, as soon as the ad went up they were booked and deposits paid. 

They are dwarves, descended from german hunting dogs. Kept for their novelty value, just like dwarfish court jesters were. Prone to slipped discs because of the abnormal length of the back. Should be banned as a breed for their own welfare, if only because they get exceptionally cold willies in deep snow.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 2

Just a quick word about Teckels; Mate of mine had one. About a decade back? Ireland.

Great little thing. Everything the breed was cracked up to be.

Then, it lost its shit, completely. I asked him, one day; " Where's that Teckel of yours, these days? Haven't seen it in ye films. "

He said, basically, it had lost its mind and become an absolute fukking liability. On digging, it turned out this was a trait, at least with his ones line.

So, yeah; Brilliant little things. But, Due Diligence.

My nans had a few none have made old bones. One got ran over. One had back problems and was pts. The current has joint issues and if metacam wasn’t keeping it comfortable would be pts to. Go for a Tekel personally. Although no someone with a daschund x jack Russel 

27 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Gradually being put off anything good to say anyone lol 

My kid said he wouldn't have another one and only got his because his fiance bought him it, she wanted it but her parents said no more dogs ?

• Like 1