Russia Ukraine WW3

Just now, NEWKID said:

Not really mate, he lives in Paris and has done for a very long time, his kids were at Uni in the UK, I'd say he's very western...its his uncles, cousins etc he is talking too... but they are very anti both leaders in general, they feel abandoned, which is the opposite to how it is being spun to us... they are fighting as they have no choice from what I could gather... it was a 10 minute chat at the end of an hour teams meeting, so not too indepth tbh... but all I took from it is Putin and Zelensky are equally disliked by their general public.... 

"They feel abandoned"  I think we know where they are coming from!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to my bunker, can someone pm me when it's safe to come out. 

In 2022, a crack long distance unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the general talk section of th

True story, I knew a lad lived in a flat who had a bedroom for his horticultural interests, I phoned him when he was at home and said "Mate, make sure your extraction is on point, the bizzies are flyi

Posted Images

My old mate's dad said to him during WW2: A rifles is a tool with a worker at both ends. He was 7 at the time and they were sat on the moors above Sheffield watching the Luftwaffe bomb the shit out of Sheffield. Didn't stop him serving in Oman, Suez and Cyprus though.

Just now, Nicepix said:

My old mate's dad said to him during WW2: A rifles is a tool with a worker at both ends. He was 7 at the time and they were sat on the moors above Sheffield watching the Luftwaffe bomb the shit out of Sheffield. Didn't stop him serving in Oman, Suez and Cyprus though.

He didn't understand the message then.

21 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

f****n Ivory Tower? Tower block more like.

I remember when I was a kid asking an old man about his war experiences. He told me he was in trench with "skitters flying from his arse". He said it was hard to feel tough when your trousers are round your ankles.

I asked him I'd He had shot any jerries. He said he hoped he hadnt.

Sums it up for me. War load of shite.

Never heard either of my grandads or the local old boys talk about the war aside from we were there type conversations. My mum told me when I was a lot younger that all my grandad ever said about it to her was every man calls for his mum in the end! He was a medic. Always stuck with me that. Last night I was watching SPR and in the opening scenes all you can hear above the explosions is men (and boys) screaming for their mums. Harrowing to live with that in your head imo mate.

Just now, jukel123 said:

He didn't understand the message then.

We are from an area where there was little alternative other than heavy industry, coal and steel. He looked around at all the old men and realised that they were only 30 years older than him. He had qualified as an electrician at the colliery so he took his trade to the Army when he was 21. He had more life than his peers.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

We are from an area where there was little alternative other than heavy industry, coal and steel. He looked around at all the old men and realised that they were only 30 years older than him. He had qualified as an electrician at the colliery so he took his trade to the Army when he was 21. He had more life than his peers.

Yeah I thought that would be the case. It's the same today. Flip burgers or join the army and have more self respect.

5 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Yeah I thought that would be the case. It's the same today. Flip burgers or join the army and have more self respect.

He robbed a bank in Egypt using an explosive tank track splitter to blow the safe, went AWOL with the money and served time in a quarry in Cyprus manually moving huge rocks every day. He emptied a bren gun into an AOKA in Nicosia town and buried dozens of crates of Royal  Enfield parts and bikes instead of destroying them. He intended going back to liberate them, but the Turks invaded and the crates had been buried in the zone they occupied. Despite those indiscretions he got a  Sergeant's pension. Couldn't have done that at the pit.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Like Abbott ?

No-one ever beats Diane, many have tried many have failed, Diane is streets ahead, biden maybe is a poor second, but Diane is our very own imbecile, makes me proud to be british ??

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, mackem said:

No-one ever beats Diane, many have tried many have failed, Diane is streets ahead, biden maybe is a poor second, but Diane is our very own imbecile, makes me proud to be british ??

Thing is biden has a excuse, he's clearly in mental decline,  Abbott on the other hand..... ?

• Haha 1
  • IanB changed the title to Russia Ukraine WW3