Russia Ukraine WW3

2 hours ago, Borr said:

Germany defense spending will be double this year at 100 billion , even the greens voted for it . Looks like EU getting it's teeth back ....

Making big moves already and about time they pulled their heads out of their arses. I'd like to see the UK up the lightning fleet order but the biggest problem we have is lead times on integration of our preferred weapons. 

WASHINGTON – Germany will buy up to 35 copies of the U.S.-made F-35 fighter jet, reversing years-long plans that saw the fifth-generation warplane eliminated from consideration, defense leaders announced Monday.

The planes will take over by 2030 the niche, but crucial, nuclear-weapons mission from the aging fleet of Tornado aircraft, Defense Minister Christine Lambrecht said during a joint statement with Air Force Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Ingo Gerhartz in Berlin.

WWW.DEFENSENEWS.COM

The decision comes in the context of Germany’s massive defense strategy adjustment following Russia’s...

• Like 1

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to my bunker, can someone pm me when it's safe to come out. 

In 2022, a crack long distance unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the general talk section of th

True story, I knew a lad lived in a flat who had a bedroom for his horticultural interests, I phoned him when he was at home and said "Mate, make sure your extraction is on point, the bizzies are flyi

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Borr said:

I don't think so , can't find a legitimate link , russian flags flying in Melitopol... unfortunately

This has come up today , could just be a farmers personal collection ?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Most kids do now, it’s even in the little towns, kids from decent families thinking they in the hood ? mine know better ?

Told my eldest to shape up...or I'll beat the black out of him,and treat him like a ginger stepchild ??

• Haha 5
10 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Most kids do now, it’s even in the little towns, kids from decent families thinking they in the hood ? mine know better ?

mate at work on wednesday an thursday nights we have student nights....only students from nottingham are aloud in ...

theres two uni's in nottingham ...Trent ....and Nottingham .....the latter is better one in terms of grades to get in ...so most are real posh kids.....so its funny as f**k when they start talking street and giving us lip ...little posh kids telling us they are getting a team together to shoot us up ...lol

• Haha 3
7 minutes ago, Borr said:

Germany will force an increase in EU and NATO spending within Europe....

Makes you wonder how long it'll be before the EU are making serious moves towards military integration and centralisation. The controversial 'EU Army'. 

4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Makes you wonder how long it'll be before the EU are making serious moves towards military integration and centralisation. The controversial 'EU Army'. 

It makes sense really , if political position is aligned , but armies are more inclined to fight for their individual country unless next in line , so geographically and politically , not sure the poles would be interested though ..plus they've all got different languages and whatnot. Germany would be a serious threat stood alone ...

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I think the Russian invasion of Ukraine may have changed the minds of a few anti NATO EU leaders.

They will look to the war games going on around Norway, led by the US and the UK, and realise without NATO, they couldn't muster enough troops, aircraft, armour, ships, etc, they couldn't stop Russia.

They will continue to make noises about an EU Army, but it would allways need the NATO umbrella.

Cheers.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I think the Russian invasion of Ukraine may have changed the minds of a few anti NATO EU leaders.

They will look to the war games going on around Norway, led by the US and the UK, and realise without NATO, they couldn't muster enough troops, aircraft, armour, ships, etc, they couldn't stop Russia.

They will continue to make noises about an EU Army, but it would allways need the NATO umbrella.

Cheers.

Certainly from a nuclear perspective....

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

I don't know if it 'always' will, but certainly currently does, yes. What Europe/EU has in terms of resource and knowledge is sufficient to create an alternative to NATO imo. What they lack is the political will to coordinate it all effectively. That will may never be found but threats like Russia may well force it to be. Certainly having the UK out of the gang makes it easier.

2 minutes ago, Borr said:

Certainly from a nuclear perspective....

The EU's nuclear deterrent essentially comes from French submarines, with air force jets from a few other nations equipped to carry US controlled bombs for battlefield strikes. They have the capability to replace those US warheads with their own in relatively short time. If they were serious about significant military centralisation then I reckon they'd be able to muster a sufficiently credible nuclear deterrent.

I think this is the only solution, Chuck putin and anyone else that wants a ruck in the ring and let them sort it out, instead of the usual bullshit of sending there own off to safety while expecting the common man to lay down his life and the life of his children to defend policy’s most don’t even understand ?

3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I don't know if it 'always' will, but certainly currently does, yes. What Europe/EU has in terms of resource and knowledge is sufficient to create an alternative to NATO imo. What they lack is the political will to coordinate it all effectively. That will may never be found but threats like Russia may well force it to be. Certainly having the UK out of the gang makes it easier.

I disagree, Article Five is only guaranteed by Americas , and to a far lesser but hugely important UK, military might.

A split between a EU Army and a US/UK/Canada alliance, would leave the latter vastly the more powerful of the two and the former reluctant or powerless to implement their own Article Five.

The EU will probably have their own military alliance, but will allways be subservient to NATO in a major conflict.

As usual, just my opinion and conjecture ?

Cheers.

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

I disagree, Article Five is only guaranteed by Americas , and to a far lesser but hugely important UK, military might.

A split between a EU Army and a US/UK/Canada alliance, would leave the latter vastly the more powerful of the two and the former reluctant or powerless to implement their own Article Five.

The EU will probably have their own military alliance, but will allways be subservient to NATO in a major conflict.

As usual, just my opinion and conjecture ?

Cheers.

So the only point in EU nations having a military at all is to appease the US in NATO? I didn't say NATO would be split, simply that if the EU nations fully or at least significantly integrated then they would not be dependant on NATO for their defence, they could act unilaterally and independently but still be in NATO. They have all of the might needed to do that if they had the will to integrate. Look at the combined assets, manpower and industrial base of EU nations, it's very significant and could very easily replace NATO for their own purposes. 

• IanB changed the title to Russia Ukraine WW3