Building up the courage

10 hours ago, tb25 said:

No drugs stan mate.

And I have been real honest with myself particularly the past few months..am making moves ...but your right..the time for talking is over..it gets you no we're but feeling sorry for yourself.

Certainly time 2 man up so to speak pal.

100 persent agreed..

It's coming mate

TB ,when I say be honest with yourself ,I don't mean make a long list of your shortcomings (we all have them )and make yourself even more depressed ,I mean be honest about everything ,faults ,strengths ,dreams ,hopes ,aspirations ,most of all ask yourself "do I really want to change things ?" If the honest answer is yes then you have it within you to , ,by small baby steps ,by the slightest daily improvement ,,to make the changes ,aim to be ever so slightly better than you were yesterday ,it will start an unstoppable snowball you will surprise yourself the strength you have ......you must quit the booze though don't handicap yourself with it .

I think your a decent fella ,and deserve your shot at peace of mind ,good luck .

• Like 3

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep. My niece had that. They cut her head off, above the mouth, to stop it getting to her brain. Now, she lives on a plate and we call her The Limpet.  

You need to make sure you're drinking the right kind of water, and 6 bottles is out of sync  4 bottles for maintenance  8 bottles for reset Also be sure it's hopped and fermented correc

When you have any sort of problem in your life, drink is nobody’s friend ! 

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Astanley said:

TB ,when I say be honest with yourself ,I don't mean make a long list of your shortcomings (we all have them )and make yourself even more depressed ,I mean be honest about everything ,faults ,strengths ,dreams ,hopes ,aspirations ,most of all ask yourself "do I really want to change things ?" If the honest answer is yes then you have it within you to , ,by small baby steps ,by the slightest daily improvement ,,to make the changes ,aim to be ever so slightly better than you were yesterday ,it will start an unstoppable snowball you will surprise yourself the strength you have ......you must quit the booze though don't handicap yourself with it .

I think your a decent fella ,and deserve your shot at peace of mind ,good luck .

Am going to give it a genuine go from today onwards mate.

The Mrs is of today so we're going for a good few hour mooch with the dog then abit of food somewhere. 

My sons up later to pick his new phone up I got him yesterday and to hit the gym.

The key is for me I think is using my spare time constructively and not picking a can up .

I won't be drinking tonight .

Thanks Stan.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Mate , I feel for you I really do . 

anxiety is a horrible thing and something no one else can contemplate unless they suffer from it 

it’s a terrible sadness that your unable to show others how this affects you other than through words . My mother in law has terrible mental health persecution issues and it’s irrevocably changed her life for the worst . 

she’s been through things that would destroy other people , I mean that , buried her husband and two sons in less  than 4 years does that to people . She’s a squash ball of emotions and can wildly vary from one minute to the next literally . 

but one thing you should remember is that there is no Shame or burden in pressing the nhs or it’s ancillaries for extra support . Your gp should be your 1st port of call . 

And that no matter how far you fall ,

or how dark it gets , 

you are never out of the fight . ?

I wish you good luck 

Thank you mate

I can't comprehend drinking 8 pints, never mind daily! It'd absolutely kill me. I'm a total f***ing lightweight mind but still that is a hell of a burden.

I understand now how you eat so little. You're literally getting all of your calories from sugar in the booze. I think mental health is still your biggest concern but your physical health will be taking a hit with that sort of diet.

Keeping fighting fella. 

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, WILF said:

When you have any sort of problem in your life, drink is nobody’s friend ! 

Too true mate…

Once drink becomes a crutch as opposed to something you enjoy in good company it is a problem…

TB

I wish you the best mate, knocking the drink on the head is a big start imo.. as you’ve said trying to wean off it is no good.. just stop and get rid of any alcohol in the house..

Quitting it may not solve your key issues with anxiety, depression etc but it will help you focus and not feel like shit all the time…

Sounds like life is on the up with work, new car etc… focus on the positives mate and don’t let the negative thoughts drag you down..

• Like 2
2 hours ago, tb25 said:

The key is for me I think is using my spare time constructively and not picking a can up .

I won't be drinking tonight .

Thanks Stan.

But if you do it don't matter mate, little steps lead to massive strides.. :victory:

• Like 4