getting out and meeting folk ,topping up the pension would be good for you mate, only thing i can tell you is you will probably be hammered by taxman on earnings, i finished work last year, got offered 8wks  temporary work with my old company. made good money on the 7day week, got taxed 20%,had to pay more tax on my small monthly pension, and when i got my final lump sum payment, paid another wedge on that, hoping to get a decent rebate this year, alright if you can get cash in hand, but had to go on the books, already asked me about doing a bit this summer, dont know will it be worth it or not, did enjoy working with the lads again and having a laugh, a good bunch to work with.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

You can earn 12 n half grand before you have to start paying tax.

Yes and the barstools ask about every penny of your pensions they tax you as you earn it and tax your pension too , The minute you earn over 12.5K its taxed 

2 minutes ago, The one said:

Yes and the barstools ask about every penny of your pensions they tax you as you earn it and tax your pension too , The minute you earn over 12.5K its taxed 

The vultures are never far away mate. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

Just been offered a part time job at my local supermarket, would get me out the house for a few hours, but theres no doubt it would affect my benefits, so i will have to look into it 

Keith if I was you I'd make an appointment with citizens advice or a benefits advisor to see if its worth you financially before accepting.