Acute shoulder pain

1 hour ago, WILF said:

Oh f**k off with all your double jabbed nonsense, the bloke is probably middle aged and has hurt his shoulder doing something…..simple as that.

Fantastical as it may sound, my wife managed to dislocate her shoulder 20 years ago reaching for her hand bag in our office……amazingly she wasn’t Covid jabbed either ! 

Borr, you have hurt your shoulder mate, some pain killers and anti inflammatory drugs is what you need…..cortisone injections hurt like a b*****d.

Get well soon ?

Just get your heart checked Wilf do the right thing and protect yourself 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You,ll have no livers or kidneys left the way your going, all these drugs have an effect on your body’s internal organs, that’s why I apply home made cream and eat the best honey I can buy, last time

If we are doing “suffering top trumps” then I have had the big, sandpaper tipped cotton bud down my japs eye……let me tell you, that really does make your f***ing eyes water ! 

Mate, I’m 50 and around 2-3 stone overweight, ex 40 a day smoker and I have played football probably a 100 times since I had my jabs…..if I was going to have a clutcher I’d have had one by now ?

Posted Images

Can I ask, how many new moons has it been since you first heard about the covid vaccine? And do you live within the death circle of a 5G test mast?

There's clearly a link :hmm:

I've never found any over the counter drug that did anything noticeable so I'm not surprised you are still struggling after ibuprofen and paracetamol. I'd say get to the GP and get something on script but ligament/tendon damage can really get messy if you do not properly rest it. If it is that then you're talking months, not days. You need a proper diagnosis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Just get your heart checked Wilf do the right thing and protect yourself 

Mate, I’m 50 and around 2-3 stone overweight, ex 40 a day smoker and I have played football probably a 100 times since I had my jabs…..if I was going to have a clutcher I’d have had one by now ?

Theres a reason middle age blokes keep getting aches and pains….it’s called middle age.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Can I ask, how many new moons has it been since you first heard about the covid vaccine? And do you live within the death circle of a 5G test mast?

There's clearly a link :hmm:

I've never found any over the counter drug that did anything noticeable so I'm not surprised you are still struggling after ibuprofen and paracetamol. I'd say get to the GP and get something on script but ligament/tendon damage can really get messy if you do not properly rest it. If it is that then you're talking months, not days. You need a proper diagnosis.

When I get a bad back attack I use Vimovo which is a prescription anti inflammatory and that seems to work after a couple/few days.

I will also take one or two if I get an attack of plantar Facitis (chronic foot pain)…..I get chronic foot pain because I’m 50, overweight and after 40 odd years of football the tendons in my feet are stretching / relaxing with old age and ware, then you go and play on hard ground or 1st G Astro ……..it’s that, or aliens…..not sure ! Lol 

• Like 2

Yep well got hold of drs reception after an hour of trying need to wait for a call now. For the record I wasn't crying ? but felt like spewing at 2am. I've had a few bumps in life broken head and bones, got metal pins in hand , tear on knee joint. But this was new to me admittedly I'm a bit of a wuss with man flu?, I'm more worried about keeping this job tbh and if I can I will be in tomorrow morning, no sick pay for subbies either. Asked supervisor to get a laborer on the nine inch so fully expecting some butchered steel to weld ?

1 minute ago, South hams hunter said:

tramadol and naproxen is what you want

You,ll have no livers or kidneys left the way your going, all these drugs have an effect on your body’s internal organs, that’s why I apply home made cream and eat the best honey I can buy, last time I spoke with a quack I was told to take 10 paracetamol per day for my Arthur, I,m half a year into my homemade cream regime and movement getting better all the time, I was having steroid injections in the bottom of my feet every 6 months or I couldn’t walk, not had them in over a year and am doing better than ever, the answer to our health is us not a quick fix bottle or injection ??

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Borr said:

Yep well got hold of drs reception after an hour of trying need to wait for a call now. For the record I wasn't crying ? but felt like spewing at 2am. I've had a few bumps in life broken head and bones, got metal pins in hand , tear on knee joint. But this was new to me admittedly I'm a bit of a wuss with man flu?, I'm more worried about keeping this job tbh and if I can I will be in tomorrow morning, no sick pay for subbies either. Asked supervisor to get a laborer on the nine inch so fully expecting some butchered steel to weld ?

May just be some weird reaction to vibrations mate, as I say we ain’t getting any younger and all the shit we put our body through over the years is coming to pay us back at some point.

Or it’s Bill Gates and aliens…..lol 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

You,ll have no livers or kidneys left the way your going, all these drugs have an effect on your body’s internal organs, that’s why I apply home made cream and eat the best honey I can buy, last time I spoke with a quack I was told to take 10 paracetamol per day for my Arthur, I,m half a year into my homemade cream regime and movement getting better all the time, I was having steroid injections in the bottom of my feet every 6 months or I couldn’t walk, not had them in over a year and am doing better than ever, the answer to our health is us not a quick fix bottle or injection ??

I’d say that’s a decent post and the answer I’m guessing is somewhere in between, medication to get you right short term, life style adjustments and just thinking about stuff for longer term.

We all know as older blokes that kneeling on a hard, cold surface now days will have us hobbling about for a few days….so we don’t do it, we think about it.

Thats what you have to start doing as you get older unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

May just be some weird reaction to vibrations mate, as I say we ain’t getting any younger and all the shit we put our body through over the years is coming to pay us back at some point.

It sure is crap getting old ?

Problem in my head Im still 25 is there a cream for that ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

i damaged my shoulder few years ago took along time to heal had a right job lifting my arm ,paracetamol  or ibuprofen eased the pain ,dont think it will ever be 100%again  but thats probebly down to my age ,just got to get on with it   ,,,,

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

Definitely getting older, and going from pipe welding to steel erecting last week was a shock to the system, back aching hanging out of cherry pickers trying to swing beams etc then a day on a 9inch grinder, undoubtedly I'm out of shape and overweight. I just need to think of longevity really, but wanted to get myself on the job, the proper steel erector is completely knackered, hobbles everywhere, got gout, sprains , has surgery on spine etc. Back to some pipe and have another little think about getting into inspection or health and safety or some shit. ??

1 minute ago, Borr said:

Definitely getting older, and going from pipe welding to steel erecting last week was a shock to the system, back aching hanging out of cherry pickers trying to swing beams etc then a day on a 9inch grinder, undoubtedly I'm out of shape and overweight. I just need to think of longevity really, but wanted to get myself on the job, the proper steel erector is completely knackered, hobbles everywhere, got gout, sprains , has surgery on spine etc. Back to some pipe and have another little think about getting into inspection or health and safety or some shit. ??

Yep that’s about the strength of it mate and why I don’t think it’s helpful all this scare mongering about jabs and all that shit.

With all this Covid nonsense none of us are just thinking straight half the time, we are looking for some wildly complicated sinister reason for things that are just ordinary.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

Yep that’s about the strength of it mate and why I don’t think it’s helpful all this scare mongering about jabs and all that shit.

With all this Covid nonsense none of us are just thinking straight half the time, we are looking for some wildly complicated sinister reason for things that are just ordinary.

Jabs didn't cross my mind I only answered someone's question, I know that statins can cause tendon weakness, I don't take them btw lol, but yep I was only looking for an answer and I've got it I reckon, pain killers and man the feck up juice haha

• Haha 1