Beef, grain fed vs grass fed

For me the Organic issue is one of two interesting areas, the link is from the USA but relevant to us. 

WWW.FORBES.COM

By all rights I should be an enthusiastic advocate of organic. I grew up helping my beloved grandfather in his organic garden in the 1960s. Some of our best friends...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to disagree a bit with a few of you that the main barrier is money.  We in the northwest have 2 large markets nearby, Bury and Bolton. If you go down there on a Saturday afternoon you c

Where I live we still have Three proper Butchers in the High Street which is handy for selling rabbits. Also a market on Fridays and Saturday which has a good stall selling Evergreen Farm Dexter or Ru

Posted Images

The other area is GMO, 

WWW.HEALTHLINE.COM

GMOs, or genetically modified organisms, are very controversial. This article reviews the pros and cons of GMO foods, as supported by science.
OXFORDRE.COM

The global area sown to genetically modified (GM) varieties of leading commercial crops (soybean, maize, canola, and cotton) has expanded over 100-fold over...

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I don't believe all this about animals polluting the planet. There was far more cows and cattle about when I was a kid. Every second farm had milking herds. 

Perhaps all them wildebeest at to blame in Africa Lol.

In my view it's planes there were few planes when I was young and they were not jets Lol. But I think the planes put the Pollution high up where the trouble is occurring. Lock down came along and hardly any planes low and behold the hole in the ozone started to close up, strange that.

As for not eating meat well they can f**k off. 

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 7
2 hours ago, Arry said:

As for not eating meat well they f**k off. 

Cheers Arry

Totally agree arry, the animals help fertilise the grass which is meant to stabilise the gas in the atmosphere, look at the great herds of bison and deer that used to be in the usa before being wiped out by us. These incharge of the unis and whoever does these so called studies need checked out to see if its a non biased point of view or just gretas mum n dad along with cwis pecker

• Like 2

This thread as been a good read lads?? I’m a bit funny with food an what I eat I’m a bit picky I’m gunner say grass fed as it sounds morally right I try an buy the best.  I get 2 whole lambs a year direct at £120 each all butchered an ready to go to my door chickens our main meat we try an buy the best we occasionally have steak I don’t really eat pig meat I do like a bit of nice bacon an black pudding though if I could get all my meats direct from there producers id pay the extra but even better if I could produce it all my self an grow my own veg 

escape to river poxon cottage 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, poxon said:

This thread as been a good read lads?? I’m a bit funny with food an what I eat I’m a bit picky I’m gunner say grass fed as it sounds morally right I try an buy the best.  I get 2 whole lambs a year direct at £120 each all butchered an ready to go to my door chickens our main meat we try an buy the best we occasionally have steak I don’t really eat pig meat I do like a bit of nice bacon an black pudding though if I could get all my meats direct from there producers id pay the extra but even better if I could produce it all my self an grow my own veg 

escape to river poxon cottage 

Same here some pork products are a bit funky trying to eat with a bit of a taint on the meat, so i try n avoid pork these days

1 hour ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Same here some pork products are a bit funky trying to eat with a bit of a taint on the meat, so i try n avoid pork these days

Sometimes I can taste the smell of pigshit on pork but I'm ok with sausage, bacon etc.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

the animals help fertilise the grass which is meant to stabilise the gas in the atmosphere,

This is very true mate.  I think I'm right in saying if you spread 35 to 40 ton of dung per acre you would not have to use artificial fertilisers. I thought they were trying to discourage the use of. Dung improves the organic matter that improves the soil naturally 

Anyway if we all eat Lentils, Beans and Pulses like they want us to we will all fart like good'ens and defeat the object Lol.

Cheers Arry

• Haha 1