Beef, grain fed vs grass fed

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to disagree a bit with a few of you that the main barrier is money.  We in the northwest have 2 large markets nearby, Bury and Bolton. If you go down there on a Saturday afternoon you c

Where I live we still have Three proper Butchers in the High Street which is handy for selling rabbits. Also a market on Fridays and Saturday which has a good stall selling Evergreen Farm Dexter or Ru

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Be lovely I reckon.slightly diffrent but my Nan used to raise turkeys completely free range Anne always tasted better then anything else. Grazing all the berry’s etc they could find 

I hope so. Ive got 6 more to kill over next few weeks and a pig .... im going to need another chest freezer. They are about 9 / 10 months so I guess would be hoggett?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Tyla said:

I hope so. Ive got 6 more to kill over next few weeks and a pig .... im going to need another chest freezer. They are about 9 / 10 months so I guess would be hoggett?

Don’t know your exact situation mate but I always say they don’t take up any freezer room all the time they are walking around eating. Lol

I just kill my stuff as I need it.

• Like 1
Just now, WILF said:

Don’t know your exact situation mate but I always say they don’t take up any freezer room all the time they are walking around eating. Lol

I just kill my stuff as I need it.

The pigs booked in on first of next month, my share of a few that a mate has been keeping on mine, so that's coming regardless.

The sheep are less urgent but i want to get them dealt with before winter kicks in properly 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Tyla said:

The pigs booked in on first of next month, my share of a few that a mate has been keeping on mine, so that's coming regardless.

The sheep are less urgent but i want to get them dealt with before winter kicks in properly 

Yeah I totally get that mate.

Im after more pigs myself but I’m waiting until I can get some pedigree GOS, had some lined up but Brexit put paid to that….too much hassle to import them.

6 minutes ago, WILF said:

Im after more pigs myself but I’m waiting until I can get some pedigree GOS, had some lined up but Brexit put paid to that….too much hassle to import them.

What's the pedigree gos wilf?

So do you just slaughter as you need?

I always read that the earlier the better?

24 minutes ago, Francie said:

What's the pedigree gos wilf?

So do you just slaughter as you need?

I always read that the earlier the better?

Gloucester Old Spot mate.

Yeah, I just do them as I need them but cattle for veal by about 10/11 months and boars by about a year but really they should be earlier.

Sows it don’t bother me to leave.

Sheep I just leave and pick as I need.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, WILF said:

We used to fatten pie train x saddlebacks. Lovely animals, amazing shape and growth rates with great taste from saddle back mum 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, kanny said:

The farmshop I've been using recently is all there own grass fed  stock, basically overspill from the dairy production and its been spot on , sure it could be  dry aged a little longer but for the money it's great value ?

Some of that award winning Spanish beef is from dairy cows 10 years +  

20210904_120751_compress97.jpg

20210904_193515_compress87.jpg

Top class as usual kanny

• Like 1