M25 Protests.

3 hours ago, Astanley said:

I think the people stuck in the tailback for hours are being shrugged off as suffering a bit of inconvenience ...but how many shift workers were there in those queues ? How many self employed people who missed a day's wages ?how many doctors or hospital appointments ?how many job interviews ?..everyone was going somewhere that was important for them ...the alternative ways of protesting may not of got as many headlines but it wouldn't have blocked emergency services either ...just my humble opinion but I think they are a bunch of self obsessed ,attention seeking pricks and I hope every single one of them suffers a bout  of diarrea

But how many folk are having to put up with the masses fcuking up the planet we live on, ignorant greedy pricks is what i'd call them and they don't deserve the ground under their feet...

• Like 1

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr Wilf  I have nothing in common with people from those big cities.Every Sunday 20 plus members of my family gather for Sunday dinner.Most businesses  are still closed on Sunday.Every man and mo

Policing and politics have changed dramatically in the last few years. I Well remember the miners strike, baton charges by the police, mounted police charges, people arrested and in court the nex

I think the people stuck in the tailback for hours are being shrugged off as suffering a bit of inconvenience ...but how many shift workers were there in those queues ? How many self employed people w

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I agree with that mate... but this is making a show and a point without being in severe risk of reprimand... you go chucking yourself at MPs or chaining yourself to no10, they'd chuck the book at you...

Its quite cowardly really with that in mind... but they are still making there point..

It's also turning public opinion against their cause.

If they targeted the politicians, I , for one, would be minded to support them.

But, as you say, they are taking the cowards route.

Cheers

25 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Irrelevant.

I've allready said I believe in protest, and have some sympathy with their cause.

What I disagree with is them targeting the wrong people.

Again, as I've already said, why don't they target the people they are pissed off at, the politicians ? 

Chain themselves to the gates of #10, glue themselves to the ministerial cars.

But I feel I'm wasting my time here, you have your opinion, I have mine.

Cheers.

Your not wasting your time and I’m not wasting mine mate for the simple reason we are not trying to convince each other and so there is no goal……as I said, I merely find it an interesting conversation. 

For the country that gave the world the sufferergette (spel ?) movement and the Jarrow march I wonder if we always felt this way ?…….it’s certainly been the case in my lifetime I have to admit.

37 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

So ignoring Stan for a minute, and sticking my conk in again...lol

I'd say this forum in thd main and particularly the General Talk section, is in the main slightly right of centre to full on right wing….

Is it !!…….I wish someone had said something earlier, I’d never have joined !!

No time for bigots ! Lol ? 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, WILF said:

Your not wasting your time and I’m not wasting mine mate for the simple reason we are not trying to convince each other and so there is no goal……as I said, I merely find it an interesting conversation. 

For the country that gave the world the sufferergette (spel ?) movement and the Jarrow march I wonder if we always felt this way ?…….it’s certainly been the case in my lifetime I have to admit.

You support them, I don't, I can understand and accept that ?

I started the post, and I think my stance is clear, so further comment from me would just be going round in circles.

Anyhow, I'm now going to watch the Newcastle-Leeds game, which will leave me Elated, angry, happy, depressed depending how it pans out ?

Cheers.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

You support them, I don't, I can understand and accept that ?

I started the post, and I think my stance is clear, so further comment from me would just be going round in circles.

Anyhow, I'm now going to watch the Newcastle-Leeds game, which will leave me Elated, angry, happy, depressed depending how it pans out ?

Cheers.

Fair play mate, enjoy ?

59 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I'd say this forum in thd main and particularly the General Talk section, is in the main slightly right of centre to full on right wing...?...

So change the tree hugging, lefties lunatics causing this upheaval and replace with a bunch of run of the mill average Joes, job, 2.4 kids, mortgage etc... protesting for changes in their community or reduced immigration or the repeal of the hunting act... same protest but "our" people would we want to blast them off the road or run then over??

I mean the cause aint that bad is it???

Its just the people right?

Fuuck right off, with ya left insulation business cnut ??? see what I did there ?

Jokes aside, I'd cosh the b*****ds just for taking the pish. Like Charts said, being late for something might be an inconvenience to some but to others, it's life changing/threatening. Who the fuuck are these idiots to put someone's life in jeopardy? If people die/died as a direct result of their bullshit, they should be charged with manslaughter imho.

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 3
59 minutes ago, fireman said:

But how many folk are having to put up with the masses fcuking up the planet we live on, ignorant greedy pricks is what i'd call them and they don't deserve the ground under their feet...

How is it the masses fcuking up the country, you tell us what we should all be doing? 

1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

I'd say this forum in thd main and particularly the General Talk section, is in the main slightly right of centre to full on right wing...?...

So change the tree hugging, lefties lunatics causing this upheaval and replace with a bunch of run of the mill average Joes, job, 2.4 kids, mortgage etc... protesting for changes in their community or reduced immigration or the repeal of the hunting act... same protest but "our" people would we want to blast them off the road or run then over??

I mean the cause aint that bad is it???

Its just the people right?

I would say this section is probably mostly on the right ,but personally I consider myself one of those wishy washy ,middle of the road ,live and let live ,sit on the fence types that everyone hates ,but if I ever feel the need to protest or air a grievance ,I promise I will take other people's well being into consideration .

6 hours ago, Francie said:

Not the country,the planet he said greb,an I wonder who's the 'masses' hes referring too lol

Folk who don't have a care or thought for the damage their every day lives are taking on this planet,like some folk on here sort of claiming to be countryfolk yet doing nothing to help the envioment. The masses are everyone as this planet ain't getting fcuked through the actions of just a few folk Francie and it just about sums up modern man when he has all he has on this world and yet it still ain't enough..:doh:

• Like 2