Benifits cut

2 hours ago, WILF said:

We have all had this conversation many times I guess and I had it with a good pal of mine a couple of years back.

He is a very successful bloke, employs about 100 people and does very well, anyway we was out for a bite to eat and he says “There’s no excuse for anyone not to have a job round here” (south east Essex) 

So I say “No mate, you haven’t thought it through”

And here’s why:

Some lads will always be the forklift driver, there’s nothing wrong with that, the world needs forklift drivers just like it does doctors and solicitors and window cleaners and all the rest……but the fact is, that’s what some lads will be, they don’t have the qualifications or the skill to be more than that…….and that only a pays so much……let’s say it’s £400 a week.

If that lad has a wife and 2 kids he needs at least a 2 bedroom gaff, round my old way that’s £1800 a month rent.

So he takes home what after tax ?….£350 ?

His rent is £450, so he is 100 quid a week down to start

He has to drive to work and run a car, that’s another 75 quid a week when you take insurance and fuel and tax and servicing into account

Council tax is 90 quid a week 

He wants his wife to raise his kids, a noble aim imho so she is at home let’s say

Water rates 25 or something ?

Electric and gas 50 let’s say

Parking permit for his house 5 

Food for the family, let’s say it’s cheap and it’s 150

Clothes and uniform for the kids 20 

Few bits for him and the wife 20 

(Not exactly living his best life here is he ?) 

So that lad is a monkey a week down every week…….he just can’t afford to work ! 
That’s the crime……he wants to, he would if he could live by doing it but he can’t.

Thats just plain wrong and it’s not his fault.

I know of a lad who’s been offered plenty of work. But he will only work for cash unless they pay him £15 a hour on the books. Says a lot when his benefits pay more then say the amount he is worth is £11 on the books. Plus he tops his money up with mowing lawns etc and selling things he probably shouldn’t be ?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Universal credit £20 drop: 'I'm used to hunger pains' - BBC News WWW.BBC.CO.UK Under 25s are losing the biggest percentage of their income when the payments go down in...

New company I'm working for said they would get me a labourer so started a lad almost 40yr old  2 weeks back to labour on me paying him £140 a day...we dug about 3/4 ton of soil for a footing for a re

Exactly the same mate, I dont particular care what other do or don't do.. its a pride thing for me, I come from a working class family and that meant they worked, my dad was a famine and feast man...

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

I know of a lad who’s been offered plenty of work. But he will only work for cash unless they pay him £15 a hour on the books. Says a lot when his benefits pay more then say the amount he is worth is £11 on the books. Plus he tops his money up with mowing lawns etc and selling things he probably shouldn’t be ?

It’s a hard one to answer unless you know what his exes are isn’t it mate.

My girls who are 18 & 19 get €10.50 an hour and that will go up soon as it’s just a very basic rate so if the bloke has dependants he may need £15…..I know I needed a lot more ! Lol !

All this said, your user name made me think of something, everyone slags the bloke on the dole and they also slag the traveller boys too who don’t claim a penny and just go about getting their living.

I sometimes think a big part of it is the mentality of “If I’m being kicked I want to see other people kicked as well” which isn’t really a very nice way to be.

I know that definitely a bad trait round my old area……people are grassing up their next door neighbours for putting up a f***ing shed ! 
Makes me puke to be honest 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

It’s a hard one to answer unless you know what his exes are isn’t it mate.

My girls who are 18 & 19 get €10.50 an hour and that will go up soon as it’s just a very basic rate so if the bloke has dependants he may need £15…..I know I needed a lot more ! Lol !

All this said, your user name made me think of something, everyone slags the bloke on the dole and they also slag the traveller boys too who don’t claim a penny and just go about getting their living.

I sometimes think a big part of it is the mentality of “If I’m being kicked I want to see other people kicked as well” which isn’t really a very nice way to be.

I know that definitely a bad trait round my old area……people are grassing up their next door neighbours for putting up a f***ing shed ! 
Makes me puke to be honest 

He has 2 kids and bills like everyone. The difference is he does a bout 2 hours a week work and looks like he loves the high life trucks motorbikes etc I got todo 50 at the moment to cover mortgage etc. Putting clothes on kids back since she seems to be growing like a weed. (I’m the only one in household earning at the moment) and still not got enough to live anywhere the life I would like. But then I’m out at least twice a week with dogs so all is good. 

my username don’t mean I’m a gypsy. Just that I bought a dog from one that then got called gypsy ? and I quite like there lifestyle of settled Romanys tbh 

3 hours ago, Greb147 said:

A bit like your meltdown last week after one or two too many cidres. 

Melt down fecking melt down ?

It wasn't long back that you was pissed up on vodka in the mother in laws kitchen shoulder pressing her and throwing yourself around the kitchen knob in hand listening to Elton John ?? 

• Haha 2
Just now, king said:

Melt down fecking melt down ?

It wasn't long back that you was pissed up on vodka in the mother in laws kitchen shoulder pressing her and throwing yourself around the kitchen knob in hand listening to Elton John ?? 

Was that after or before you told everyone you lived on top of Salisbury Hill..... ?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Was that after or before you told everyone you lived on top of Salisbury Hill..... ?

No that was greymans OCD kicking in big time ? he was cowering behind his sofa shaking like a shitting dog because of covid ? I bet he's never even been to the Salisbury Hill ?

But come on now you even said eltons song was the best ever ffs ?

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

He has 2 kids and bills like everyone. The difference is he does a bout 2 hours a week work and looks like he loves the high life trucks motorbikes etc I got todo 50 at the moment to cover mortgage etc. Putting clothes on kids back since she seems to be growing like a weed. (I’m the only one in household earning at the moment) and still not got enough to live anywhere the life I would like. But then I’m out at least twice a week with dogs so all is good. 

my username don’t mean I’m a gypsy. Just that I bought a dog from one that then got called gypsy ? and I quite like there lifestyle of settled Romanys tbh 

No, I wasn’t suggesting you was mate, it just made me think of it.

Anyway, your post just go’s to show what I was always told as a kid, don’t be too showy, don’t let people see what you have got.

Just human nature really.

However, if you are happy with how you are cracking on and the example you are setting that’s all that matters mate.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, king said:

No that was greymans OCD kicking in big time ? he was cowering behind his sofa shaking like a shitting dog because of covid ? I bet he's never even been to the Salisbury Hill ?

It's a good song, not my fave but can't deny it's quality. ??

Boris Johnson is set to announce a rise in National Insurance contributions to fund social care, this is meant to be a breach of the Tory Party manifesto as well.

NEWS.SKY.COM

Social care is in desperate need of funding reform but any plan to increase national insurance payments will face...

2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Boris Johnson is set to announce a rise in National Insurance contributions to fund social care, this is meant to be a breach of the Tory Party manifesto as well.

NEWS.SKY.COM

Social care is in desperate need of funding reform but any plan to increase national insurance payments will face...

I've more or less stopped listening to the news now but yesterday I put the radio on in the van and realised why I've stopped listening. The first 2 news items were about how many millions we were sending to Afghanistans neighbours to help them care for refugess and how much we had pledged to house afgans here, including how we could help more to come over in the future. The 3rd news item was a government minister saying we have to put up taxes to fund social care 'and he was sure people would understand the money needs to come from somewhere' 

? You couldn't script it could you 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

NEWS.SKY.COM

I reckon it will be the subbies they will be going after with this rise tbh.

12 hours ago, king said:

I have been to Salisbury hill, but unfortunately you had just popped out on your hang glider to pick up your super bike, the year you and guy Martin had that epic battle at the isle of Mann, ????

Edited by Greyman
  • Haha 1