Benifits cut

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

I actually pride myself on never taking  a hand out from the government,f**k that bollocks,money wouldn't cover my dog meat for a week lol..I've worked for what little I have and never asked anyone for help,not even my folks...I've done things I'm not proud of,but needs must when you got a mortgage etc to pay...there's always work for those who want it,Legal or not,helps if you live within your means and don't try to be some flash Harry..myself and the Mrs have both worked more than one job a day/ week to make sure shits payed and my children are warm,clean and fed...I look out the front door,and most folks priorities are all wrong ?spanking new motors with chavvy private plates..latest gadgets and can afford on the face of things more than I got and they've never done an honest days graft in their lives...don't bother me,if you can get away with it then fair play to em I say?

I think that flash motors and all that is a bit of an urban myth mate, it’s the exception not the rule imho.

Most folks I ever knew who got a bit of benefits were just normal people, living in an area where their skill set and/or circumstances meant it was too expensive to exist.

Im not turning this into a boring race thread but round my old way they were giving Africans £25 grand towards a mortgage to move out of Newham while lads born and bred in the area, who only had the academic ability to broom round at the picture framing factory, couldn’t afford the rent on a 2 bedroom gaff at £1800 a month for them and their two kids ! 

I have carried hods for 3 brickies for £30 a day early 90s, I have done concrete and hand digs as a young man of 15,16,17, I have loaded artic after artic on furniture 7 days a week and was lucky I had the physical ability to do it and the little bit of brains to start my own firm……some lads don’t have those things and they need help and I don’t begrudge them one penny mate.

Its those c**ts in Westminster I begrudge because they REALLY don’t give a f**k about your money.

National debt went up a MILLION quid while I was writing this…..the bloke on the dole didn’t do that ;) 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Universal credit £20 drop: 'I'm used to hunger pains' - BBC News WWW.BBC.CO.UK Under 25s are losing the biggest percentage of their income when the payments go down in...

New company I'm working for said they would get me a labourer so started a lad almost 40yr old  2 weeks back to labour on me paying him £140 a day...we dug about 3/4 ton of soil for a footing for a re

Exactly the same mate, I dont particular care what other do or don't do.. its a pride thing for me, I come from a working class family and that meant they worked, my dad was a famine and feast man...

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Dazmac said:

I think if they've been on benefits for a while they should be made to do voluntary work for 6 months eg. or lose their money, for everyday they miss or are late 2 days extra work should be added 

I believe that's what they have to do wich for those who have no intention of ever working is the right thing. I would like to see stricter restrictions put on employment agencies that take the piss tbh. 

14 hours ago, Dazmac said:

I think if they've been on benefits for a while they should be made to do voluntary work for 6 months eg. or lose their money, for everyday they miss or are late 2 days extra work should be added 

These people need help not retribution ! 
Not digging you out mate but that type of talk is a bit of a British disease…..what about people who don’t fit neatly into “the system” ?

People with disability’s or disabled kids or limited skill & earning potential ? 
What about the people who don’t want someone else looking after their kids all hours of the day ? 

People used to be able to have a parent stay home with their kids and that was a much better country then compared to now where folks have to have two people knocking their bollocks out to stand still.

That wasn’t created by people on benefits, that was created by politicians.

Sounds fantastic as a sound bite but it’s not reality and it’s just a plain unkind way to think about folks.

If they are ours and they need help, let’s take care of them imho 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 3
14 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

I knew a case who used to be straight onto them for a crisis loan when he ran out of rocky soaps, some buggers know how to play the game

My misses once took out a crisis loan when she was about 22 so she could go out on a Saturday night . 

I said to her “not exactly a crisis was it “ 

she says “it was for me , I f**k all to wear “ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9
4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I actually pride myself on never taking  a hand out from the government,f**k that bollocks,money wouldn't cover my dog meat for a week lol..I've worked for what little I have and never asked anyone for help,not even my folks...I've done things I'm not proud of,but needs must when you got a mortgage etc to pay...there's always work for those who want it,Legal or not,helps if you live within your means and don't try to be some flash Harry..myself and the Mrs have both worked more than one job a day/ week to make sure shits payed and my children are warm,clean and fed...I look out the front door,and most folks priorities are all wrong ?spanking new motors with chavvy private plates..latest gadgets and can afford on the face of things more than I got and they've never done an honest days graft in their lives...don't bother me,if you can get away with it then fair play to em I say?

Exactly the same mate, I dont particular care what other do or don't do.. its a pride thing for me, I come from a working class family and that meant they worked, my dad was a famine and feast man... earnt a lot of money and squandered a lot of money... my mother is one of the hardest working people I know....she still won't sit still now and is nearly 70....

Even when my Mrs was ill we wouldn't take a penny in disability allowance, it was there if we wanted it.... 

I get the argument about the government taken more than these poor families on benefits, or Lord whoever scamming a load... I'm sure we all work out tax the best we can and cash was always very nice in the good old days...? but my opinion, right or wrong is working and earning give you a bit of pride, its something your kids learn from and appreciate the nice things and how you get them.... there are millions that no doubt need benefits to survive and that is a sad state of affairs....there are also loads who are work shy wasters and will produce the same...

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Exactly the same mate, I dont particular care what other do or don't do.. its a pride thing for me, I come from a working class family and that meant they worked, my dad was a famine and feast man... earnt a lot of money and squandered a lot of money... my mother is one of the hardest working people I know....she still won't sit still now and is nearly 70....

Even when my Mrs was ill we wouldn't take a penny in disability allowance, it was there if we wanted it.... 

I get the argument about the government taken more than these poor families on benefits, or Lord whoever scamming a load... I'm sure we all work out tax the best we can and cash was always very nice in the good old days...? but my opinion, right or wrong is working and earning give you a bit of pride, its something your kids learn from and appreciate the nice things and how you get them.... there are millions that no doubt need benefits to survive and that is a sad state of affairs....there are also loads who are work shy wasters and will produce the same...

That’s a pretty fair post mate.

I used to be pretty hard nosed about stuff but I have changed a lot to be honest.

I just think we got sold out mate, think of those mining community’s condemned to generations of ruin by union hubris and the corresponding political retribution.

We used to make things, good things, ships, steel, motorbikes, guns…..you name it we made it and now we buy it all from chinks.

Where we had generational employment we now have generational unemployment.

We did that, people like me, Thatchers children…..we allowed ourselves to be sold the myth of a price for everything and a value for nothing.

Well, imho, I think the money we saved was a false economy compared to what we lost.

So no, I don’t begrudge a soul one thing if they are ours born and bred….we created the conditions that put them where they are. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, WILF said:

That’s a pretty fair post mate.

I used to be pretty hard nosed about stuff but I have changed a lot to be honest.

I just think we got sold out mate, think of those mining community’s condemned to generations of ruin by union hubris and the corresponding political retribution.

We used to make things, good things, ships, steel, motorbikes, guns…..you name it we made it and now we buy it all from chinks.

Where we had generational employment we now have generational unemployment.

We did that, people like me, Thatchers children…..we allowed ourselves to be sold the myth of a price for everything and a value for nothing.

Well, imho, I think the money we saved was a false economy compared to what we lost.

So no, I don’t begrudge a soul one thing if they are ours born and bred….we created the conditions that put them where they are. 

Oh I get it mate, we're all from the same sort of backgrounds on here id say... we've seen enough to know life can be shit and when you're skint even shitter... so I don't sit and judge too much (its hard not too at times though)...

My over bearing opinion was a f***ing pain to those around me, I now more than ever realise we are all very different... who am I to say the bloke sat on his ass picking up his benefits and knocking out fake dvds or chipped fire sticks and happy as a pig in shit is any more of a mug than me... it ain't the image I want for my kids so I chose a different way....but f**k does knock off Nigel want to hear me calling him a lazy c**t....

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, sid g said:

never took anything out the system -- sold my business , some land and 2 houses i owned   drew my private pension tax tax and more fookin tax i figured they`d had enough out of me so they`ve had fook all off me for the last 15 year . 

Never mind tax mate, I have said before, I paid £5000 one year just in parking tickets and fixed penalty’s for missed congestion charge ! 

Nobody is getting a break including the poor f****r on the jam roll……it’s all “Don’t look at us, look at him” type politics.

The bloke in our community’s getting a bit of hep is still spending his money in our community same as you and me, that’s more than f***ing Boris is doing. Lol 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, sid g said:

never took anything out the system -- sold my business , some land and 2 houses i owned   drew my private pension tax tax and more fookin tax i figured they`d had enough out of me so they`ve had fook all off me for the last 15 year . 

And what you leave to your kids is taxed!

You've done the best thing, in and out and enjoy it, you've grafted for it I know!!

• Like 2

Like many other areas in life the genuine needy cases get overlooked to make way for the scroungers.....single parent families,the disabled etc give them what they need and a few quid on top....able bodied ambitionless pricks making a career choice to be a ponce should get the very bare minimum to stay alive in my opinion.

• Like 10

We have all had this conversation many times I guess and I had it with a good pal of mine a couple of years back.

He is a very successful bloke, employs about 100 people and does very well, anyway we was out for a bite to eat and he says “There’s no excuse for anyone not to have a job round here” (south east Essex) 

So I say “No mate, you haven’t thought it through”

And here’s why:

Some lads will always be the forklift driver, there’s nothing wrong with that, the world needs forklift drivers just like it does doctors and solicitors and window cleaners and all the rest……but the fact is, that’s what some lads will be, they don’t have the qualifications or the skill to be more than that…….and that only a pays so much……let’s say it’s £400 a week.

If that lad has a wife and 2 kids he needs at least a 2 bedroom gaff, round my old way that’s £1800 a month rent.

So he takes home what after tax ?….£350 ?

His rent is £450, so he is 100 quid a week down to start

He has to drive to work and run a car, that’s another 75 quid a week when you take insurance and fuel and tax and servicing into account

Council tax is 90 quid a week 

He wants his wife to raise his kids, a noble aim imho so she is at home let’s say

Water rates 25 or something ?

Electric and gas 50 let’s say

Parking permit for his house 5 

Food for the family, let’s say it’s cheap and it’s 150

Clothes and uniform for the kids 20 

Few bits for him and the wife 20 

(Not exactly living his best life here is he ?) 

So that lad is a monkey a week down every week…….he just can’t afford to work ! 
That’s the crime……he wants to, he would if he could live by doing it but he can’t.

Thats just plain wrong and it’s not his fault.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
5 hours ago, WILF said:

These people need help not retribution ! 
Not digging you out mate but that type of talk is a bit of a British disease…..what about people who don’t fit neatly into “the system” ?

People with disability’s or disabled kids or limited skill & earning potential ? 
What about the people who don’t want someone else looking after their kids all hours of the day ? 

People used to be able to have a parent stay home with their kids and that was a much better country then compared to now where folks have to have two people knocking their bollocks out to stand still.

That wasn’t created by people on benefits, that was created by politicians.

Sounds fantastic as a sound bite but it’s not reality and it’s just a plain unkind way to think about folks.

If they are ours and they need help, let’s take care of them imho 

It's maybe too broad a statement l mean the layabouts that are perfectly capable of working who choose to be on the dole. I've had a dodgy back/knees/kidneys for years, as well as various other health problems (Inc depression/anxiety). I've worked most of my life but I'm 54 now and the time is coming when I'll be one of those people who need help, I've just started driving a tipper because its easier than dragging the (upto) 1 tonne pallets around that I did in the last Job. As for having a dig you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that so no problem from me mate. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

We have all had this conversation many times I guess and I had it with a good pal of mine a couple of years back.

He is a very successful bloke, employs about 100 people and does very well, anyway we was out for a bite to eat and he says “There’s no excuse for anyone not to have a job round here” (south east Essex) 

So I say “No mate, you haven’t thought it through”

And here’s why:

Some lads will always be the forklift driver, there’s nothing wrong with that, the world needs forklift drivers just like it does doctors and solicitors and window cleaners and all the rest……but the fact is, that’s what some lads will be, they don’t have the qualifications or the skill to be more than that…….and that only a pays so much……let’s say it’s £400 a week.

If that lad has a wife and 2 kids he needs at least a 2 bedroom gaff, round my old way that’s £1800 a month rent.

So he takes home what after tax ?….£350 ?

His rent is £450, so he is 100 quid a week down to start

He has to drive to work and run a car, that’s another 75 quid a week when you take insurance and fuel and tax and servicing into account

Council tax is 90 quid a week 

He wants his wife to raise his kids, a noble aim imho so she is at home let’s say

Water rates 25 or something ?

Electric and gas 50 let’s say

Parking permit for his house 5 

Food for the family, let’s say it’s cheap and it’s 150

Clothes and uniform for the kids 20 

Few bits for him and the wife 20 

(Not exactly living his best life here is he ?) 

So that lad is a monkey a week down every week…….he just can’t afford to work ! 
That’s the crime……he wants to, he would if he could live by doing it but he can’t.

Thats just plain wrong and it’s not his fault.

That's exactly what's wrong with the benefits system you should never be financially worse off than someone not working 

• Like 3