20 minutes ago, kanny said:

Possibly another type of morel in the garden...slugs got it first 

20230429_120014_resized.jpg

Interesting one that Kanny because if it’s the false Morel it can be deadly or if it’s the Morel it’s probably ok little bit of Mushroom Russian roulette lol…

WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

The False Morel is a Spring mushroom that contains the toxin gyromitrin. Raw or simply cooked it can be very toxic, even deadly when enough is consumed...
WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

If you are very lucky, you will find this far from common, excellent tasting mushroom in Spring. All Morels must be well cooked before consumption.

• Like 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had to look it up mate was out with the metal detector one is hardly a feed lol. Scarlet Elfcup WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM Easy to identify and spot, this tasty

Here are some Chanterelles I find they vary in colour the one we find in hedges and on banks covered in bushes by the river are a buff yellow like the ones you see on sale. Then a brighter one up in t

I already seen some nice dark grass rings while out with the detector. St. George's Mushroom WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM A great Spring mushroom that can usually b

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Interesting one that Kanny because if it’s the false Morel it can be deadly or if it’s the Morel it’s probably ok little bit of Mushroom Russian roulette lol…

WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

The False Morel is a Spring mushroom that contains the toxin gyromitrin. Raw or simply cooked it can be very toxic, even deadly when enough is consumed...
WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

If you are very lucky, you will find this far from common, excellent tasting mushroom in Spring. All Morels must be well cooked before consumption.

Yeah the false has a different internal structure, not completely hollow, pretty sure these are the real thing but they are too far gone for eating anyways. Just nice to see them in the garden ?

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

After that rain the Fungi have started early this year. Had some Cep's two days ago so went this morning only had three Cep's but good signs of other Fungi.

Cep.

IMG_0701.jpeg.b7f9801e9583c553bd6dc7231a2bd2d7.jpeg

Got caught out by one of these couple years ago thought it was a Butter Bolete they grow in the same spot every year. Didn't cut Blue no Red on it was not bitter when I licked it, but it tasted horrible. After some research its a iodine Bolete.

IMG_0709.jpeg.9ce0da94b4b8bcd8ca8816ed30ade969.jpeg

Pretty sure this is a Scarletina Bolete and if it is then you can eat it. But it breaks all the rules " If it has red on it and if it is cut and go's Blue leave it. Not for a novice so I leave.

IMG_0704.jpeg.e3e28bea896cfd51e7e94d54f0c87256.jpeg

IMG_0706.jpeg.9e5191c2d18da430d21beee3479909e1.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Arry said:

After that rain the Fungi have started early this year. Had some Cep's two days ago so went this morning only had three Cep's but good signs of other Fungi.

Cep.

IMG_0701.jpeg.b7f9801e9583c553bd6dc7231a2bd2d7.jpeg

Got caught out by one of these couple years ago thought it was a Butter Bolete they grow in the same spot every year. Didn't cut Blue no Red on it was not bitter when I licked it, but it tasted horrible. After some research its a iodine Bolete.

Pretty sure this is a Scarletina Bolete and if it is then you can eat it. But it breaks all the rules " If it has red on it and if it is cut and go's Blue leave it. Not for a novice so I leave.

IMG_0704.jpeg.e3e28bea896cfd51e7e94d54f0c87256.jpeg

IMG_0706.jpeg.9e5191c2d18da430d21beee3479909e1.jpeg

Cheers Arry

Feck that

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 23/07/2023 at 10:54, Arry said:

Got caught out by one of these couple years ago thought it was a Butter Bolete they grow in the same spot every year. Didn't cut Blue no Red on it was not bitter when I licked it, but it tasted horrible. After some research it’s an iodine Bolete.

P

Found these which I identified as Oak Bolete / Butter Bolete. Tasted great. Guessing the difference is tan caps and yellow stalks.

.image.jpeg.c0113805172474d25e89a35fb977a051.jpegimage.jpeg.3b3d3b19eca6db1654bf9e66fb38a596.jpegimage.jpeg.c27f4eb563846540158cec254d60f3fe.jpeg

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, terryd said:

I have decided to give chicken of the wood ago which is pretty idiot proof apparently 

Only try a bit first it don't agree with every body. Never eat it if its growing on a Yew tree mate.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
1 hour ago, fred90 said:

are these wood blewits? seem to early I think. 

20230817_105738.jpg

20230817_105745.jpg

20230817_105803.jpg

They look a bit small and flimsy.

Maybe Lilac Fibre caps Poisonous mate.

Hard to tell from photo.

Cheers Arry

WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

Very common, poisonous and could be mistaken for the Amethyst Deceiver.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, South hams hunter said:

Covered about a 5th of my chanterelle patch and filled 2 large ice cream tubs in very short time.

This is what's left after me and the baby had a bowl each of them cooked in chilli, mango and garlic

20230903_204301.jpg

Found loads this year in places not seen them before but all dried up near me now.

Cheers Arry

• 1 month later...