Afghanistan

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

I genuinely don’t know why we loath ourselves so much.

Africa has the massive over population it has today because we thought up the medicine to keep them all alive !

We nicked all their wealth?….so what?….they was doing f**k all with it and it’s not our fault they didn’t use their 200,000 year head start to get to more than “bow & arrow” ! 

Same for all these places we invaded, if they had been better we wouldn’t have been able to do it so tough shit.

We shouldn’t spend our lives beating ourselves up about people who couldn’t give a f**k about us anyway.

We improve lives and we ruin lives, these people are free to join any of those two lines and they will be rewarded accordingly ! 

Europe don’t need to be the only conscientious objector at the fight !  

i agree theyd do the same if the shoe was on the other foot 

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t talk in a way that will not open a can of worms . I can’t pretend that I was all call of duty black ops , kicking doors and taking names . but I can tell you some truths  im a combat en

There’s blokes on here who can speak with genuine authority on the subject, I’m not one of them. I can only offer my view, to me 1 British soldiers life was never worth the lives of every rag hea

Question on the entry exam to Norfolk University;  " If you take the number of fingers Socks' has lost, from the extra fingers Tomo has, how many are left ? " Tomo's application was rejected

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, WILF said:

I understand that when you push people together who ain’t meant to be together something is going to break.

I understand that I share nothing in common with a Muslim from a Muslim community over and above the sum of our parts

I understand that if a group declares war on your whole culture you should wipe them out whenever they stray into your field of vision

I understand that Cologne or Paris or London had nothing in common with Mogadishu, Soweto or Tim Buk Tu ! 

Those few things, I understand.

Yer it’s cool. Some nutter with a f****d up ideology attacks you and yours. You can justify mass genocide and death of women and kids. Yer they are terrible folk them foreigners ? 

2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Do you not find it unusual that the claims to be made , ring true from 

that’s a bit of a stretch mate I would say that the un would cover up the Yugoslavia war , (bearing in mind that the conflict was splashed on the telly every night pal , inrenember it well when I was 11 or 12) it was the dawn of concurrent news feeds with crews able to send seamlessly from the actual fighting . 

Im bit arguing that the genocides didn’t happen , more the specifics , I’m sure that the local big men were guilty of overplaying their hand to an outsider years after to enhance a dangerous reputation. 

fair play if that’s what you heard that’s what you heard , I wouldn’t be sat in the three steps interviewing SAASU members 5 magners deep asking “so what about Robert nairac ? You anything to do with that ? “ your a braver man than me pal! 

Thought I’d reply as you obviously have an interest in the subject. 

There were stories from all sides which matched up, ultimately if you let folk do what they like some will do some pretty dark stuff, humans have infinite capacity for it. 

I spoke a lot to people of all sides, and have friends or rather acquaintances in all camps, folk who served there, the Bosniaks, Serbs and Croats. Sadly I don’t think we can deny some absolute horrors were carried out and I don’t really think they are justifiable. 

There is a book you should read I think you’d find it really interesting I will try to dig up a link. It’s about war an genocide from an anthropologists view. 

With regard to bravely, no just young and dumb and interested. I studied ancient history before anthropology, I’ve always had an interest in that stuff, war, violence, conquest etc. 

Had two proper twitchy bum moment there, one was drinking with someone who I didn’t know who it was until a bit late in the conversation ? and the other was wandering through some scrub and then finding a dead cow ..... in a mine blast ? the slow walk back to the road was a bit intense! 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Ah , so you are exhibiting unconscious bias in your analysis through no fault of your own . As you’ve stated a Bosnian commander , similar levels of command received what I would call punitive sentences for war crimes at The Hague , three years if I remember for leading mujahadeen units in atrocities including beheading and ethnic cleansing , largely attributed to the usual Bosnian influx of foreign fighting age males who latterly flocked  to and populated that other newly established haven of Islamic militants , al queda. 

Funny how it all links in really . 

You are probably in part correct. But actually there were attrocities committed by Bosnians, of course. In fact one commander was convicted in jan this year, but a lot were the Mujahedin. The fact that something like 66% of the deaths during the period were Bosnian, 25% Serb and I think 8% Croat, says a lot. 

Interestingly you talk about the Bosnian Mujahedin going into other areas after. It’s a bit of a funny one - a lot of the cruelest and hardest fighters and also best equipt on the Bosnian side of the conflict in later years were actually foreign muhajaden that came in from other countries, Middle East, Africa and other parts of Europe. They then moved on and formed a larger force that went from there, taking Bosnian ethnic fighters with them. There wasn’t particularly much of a muhajadein thing going on in Bosnia before. Most of the Serbs / Bosnians /Croats got on quite well before it all went to shit. It’s interesting how quickly people turn. 

Ive got Serb and Croat mates to and have spent plenty of time in Serbia, Kosovo, north and south Montenegro and Croatia. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Yer it’s cool. Some nutter with a f****d up ideology attacks you and yours. You can justify mass genocide and death of women and kids. Yer they are terrible folk them foreigners ? 

How do you spot “the good ones” ? 
Have they a t-shirt or something ? 

Today’s Muslim kid is tomorrow’s Muslim man.

I don’t condone it but I understand it. 

2 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

You are probably in part correct. But actually there were attrocities committed by Bosnians, of course. In fact one commander was convicted in jan this year, but a lot were the Mujahedin. The fact that something like 66% of the deaths during the period were Bosnian, 25% Serb and I think 8% Croat, says a lot. 

Interestingly you talk about the Bosnian Mujahedin going into other areas after. It’s a bit of a funny one - a lot of the cruelest and hardest fighters and also best equipt on the Bosnian side of the conflict in later years were actually foreign muhajaden that came in from other countries, Middle East, Africa and other parts of Europe. They then moved on and formed a larger force that went from there, taking Bosnian ethnic fighters with them. There wasn’t particularly much of a muhajadein thing going on in Bosnia before. Most of the Serbs / Bosnians /Croats got on quite well before it all went to shit. It’s interesting how quickly people turn. 

Ive got Serb and Croat mates to and have spent plenty of time in Serbia, Kosovo, north and south Montenegro and Croatia. 

Starting to understand the dreads. Your all down with the Ying and yang. Travelled to find your self ✌️ ☮️ ?

• Haha 3
6 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

To all the men mentioned  here who served in Afghanistan. Thank you for your service. I have two teenage daughters who sleep  safely every night due to your sacrifice. I owe each one of you a debt I can't repay.

You don’t owe me a thing pal , there was plenty of good yank lads over there digging out blind daily, a good lad I stay in touch with in the usmc got purple hearted out and medically discharged . He was 22 years old at the time and in his 3rd deployment. 

he’s now a law man in a small town in North Carolina . Earning his way in the world . 

plenty good guys like that . 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

Yeah I thin the prosecution’s we’re heavily slanted at the likes of Arkans militia , with something like 8/ 10 trials were of Serbians 

8 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

They are though . 

theyvare the armpits of the Earth . There’s been zero to no advancement in Afghanistan if you remove telephone wires and the irrigation’s built by the yanks in the fifty’s . It’s never changed since Jesus walked . Biblical era. 

We all should be happy zero emissions could do with more country's the same on on horse and cart aye @sandymere

• Haha 1