Okay. Fukk it. Situation's getting such that I've decided to break cover.

I need a couple of toads. Bog standard, 'Common Toad'. Bufo bufo. Only sort you're ever likely to see.

I need at least one male and one female. For those not too switched on to toads? I'd accept one 'Toad' and one 'Fukking great' toad. Females tend to be noticeably bigger than the rest. Twice the size? Female.

This is an issue which touches on gray areas. Bit like; 'I want to test this dog'. Please do feel free to make comic remarks all over this thread.

If you might be able to find a toad or two? PM me. We can begin the dance. And, I assure you; I won't waste your time.

Thanks, people :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to have a pet newt. I called him Tiny because he was my newt. Cheers, D.

Wow, no way would I imagine you could captive breed Skylark !......they seem one of the wildest untameable birds that ever lived !.....just had a quick search and yes, there it is ........not sure it

I used to go to a local pond with my jam jar and collect frog spawn and put it in my garden pond, then it was pointed out to me it was illegal to relocate amphibians.! Shame, really, as the frogs

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Can they be posted lol if so I’ll send you a sack full in morn ? ??

Are you fukking serious?! :icon_eek:

Because I'm as serious as a fukking stage 4 prognosis in a three year old.

If you're just having a laugh? Fine. If not? FFS, Please PM me!

• Like 1

I used to go to a local pond with my jam jar and collect frog spawn and put it in my garden pond, then it was pointed out to me it was illegal to relocate amphibians.!

Shame, really, as the frogs settled in and breed every year, but the newts didn't.

Never had any toads though.

I assume this is what you're up to ?

Unless you start asking for "eye of bat" and other such exotica aswell ? ?

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Haha 2

I want to breed them :) In a past life, I was quietly, massively into amphibians. Kept, and bred, all sorts.Captive Breeding's what it's all about. Otherwise, you'd may as well get a budgie.

Always had a massive soft spot for Bufo bufo. Never attempted breeding them though. Now, it's a bucket list thing. Everything's in place. Just need a pair.

Have my little mate here, see?

P5200507.JPG.d8929c1a5dbd3783ef3c2711dee2f67b.JPG

Just needs another male - so they can compete in calling. Set each other off nicely. And, obviously, a female.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Is it legal?  I do have a real good reptile/amphibian shop local to me so was gonna give em a call tomorrow an see what they say, I also have it in me head somewhere my pals youngest lad bought a snake from the web an they sent it via a courier? Maybe j dreamed that tho ? sounds like a Fcuking nightmare ?

I was rather hoping it was illegal. I've not got the balls to smuggle drugs or rhino horn so was excited about smuggling toads. But I've searched high and low and just can't find a toad ☹️

Edited by DIDO.1
1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I want to breed them :) In a past life, I was quietly, massively into amphibians. Kept, and bred, all sorts.Captive Breeding's what it's all about. Otherwise, you'd may as well get a budgie.

Always had a massive soft spot for Bufo bufo. Never attempted breeding them though. Now, it's a bucket list thing. Everything's in place. Just need a pair.

Have my little mate here, see?

P5200507.JPG.d8929c1a5dbd3783ef3c2711dee2f67b.JPG

Just needs another male - so they can compete in calling. Set each other off nicely. And, obviously, a female.

You've clearly disturbed him there Ken ? keep us informed of how you go on fascinate me these toads do