Patterdale x whippet

22 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Me uncle had one when I was a Bain like you say good coat tall was nasty like lol can still remember his face when he come into me grandmas with it in his arms dead he’s stood at road dogs head was over the curb and a car had come past and hit its head he was sick ?

Argh shit [BANNED TEXT] stuff like that happens eh. Aye that one I had, had a nasty streak in him. Wasn’t a mad head or out , just wouldn’t tolerate any bad manners off other dogs at all, an would put an end to it quick smart ? use d to go ferreting with an old boy who used to bring this big old drakeshead lab dog with him. An f#*k me they’d be at each other all day, we always travelled to the farm in separate cars even tho he lived like 100 yards away, as we didn’t dare put them in the back of a motor together  cos they’d of torn lumps off each other ??

• Like 1

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I reckon he could teach most pure whippets a thing or two. First x whippet Russell. Probably not as fast as a straight whippet but hardy, clever and brave. I wish I could have him back at that age aga

Russell X 3/4 grey 1/4 collie. This lad done way, way more than I ever expected. 22" ? Cheers, D.    

its a funny subject isn't it ....this hole thing of a dog opening up....yapping... as lurcher lads we are so programed to hate and detest opening up....its to point where most lads would never ad

Posted Images

Just now, W. Katchum said:

Nobody denied it was an accidental mating, does that make em shite? Look mate without making a. Song an dance here do you think every dog you ever had was planned out the very best workers available? I mean ain’t you waiting for a pup off a known puppy peddler dog mill? I got no dog in this race I just saying what iv been told off folk who either worked the type, brought them to my house for a night, or went an spent some time with the dog mentioned, very few folk have dogs with the Keres that lineage, me an you ain’t one them, an many more in here aswell ?

I never said they were "shite", I spoke to her and she said it was an accidental mating, and subsequently said the pups didn't make any thing special. 

Im not waiting on a pup from a "puppy peddler", I've been gifted a pup from a freind who has given pups for free to working dog lads, far more than he has sold, and I resent your attack on me for simply stating what I understand to be true from what the woman has said herself.

Cheers..

33 minutes ago, poxon said:

I’d take a gamble on a f1 Airedale x greyhound you won’t hear me say that again??Often bump in to a Airedale terrier on my local walk monster of a terrier alway has my imagination running away with me 

Aye think I would an all ?? it’s just sumat that seems a good idea on paper anyway ? I definitely wanna go down those lines at some point in life. Probs not a f1 tho.  won’t be for a long time anyway just focus on this pup I have here for good few years . 

Just now, W. Katchum said:

How is it an attack on you saying your next pup is coming from a breeder, a puppy mill, what the fcuk ?I’ll tell you  what I’ll tip toe back to work an leave you sulk an talk trash about folk an there dogs without anybody allowed to answer you, just like ole times I see ?

Wow, I don't know where this animosity has came from, Don, I don't sulk, and haven't trashed anyone, she told me herself it was an accidental mating and the pups were no great shakes. 

As far as anyone answering me, since I've come back on here I've been nothing but polite and non confrontational.

And in that view, I'll not get into a pointless argument with you.

Cheers.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, AndyD89 said:

Aye think I would an all ?? it’s just sumat that seems a good idea on paper anyway ? I definitely wanna go down those lines at some point in life. Probs not a f1 tho.  won’t be for a long time anyway just focus on this pup I have here for good few years . 

Won’t never happen with me but like you say sounds good on paper I think with me it’s curiosity something different but the probability of a working Airedale in the uk being put to a decent greyhound it’s not going to happen but I’d take the gamble if I was in the market for a dog an there was a litter available 

20 minutes ago, mushroom said:

There used to be a very fair lady on here, who was a big Airedale fan. I may remember wrong but I believe the best blood (hunting) is in the States ;)

Aye remember reading about working Airedale’s in the states , think there’s a strain called redline Airedale’s or something like that, look slightly different. 

21 minutes ago, poxon said:

Won’t never happen with me but like you say sounds good on paper I think with me it’s curiosity something different but the probability of a working Airedale in the uk being put to a decent greyhound it’s not going to happen but I’d take the gamble if I was in the market for a dog an there was a litter available 

Aye see what your saying, I’m probably looking at it through rose tinted glasses abit to be fair, as iv such fond memories of that dog I spoke about. But like u say if something was on the cards and the time was right , think I’d be taking the plunge ?

Edited by AndyD89
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

How is it an attack on you saying your next pup is coming from a breeder, a puppy mill, what the fcuk ?I’ll tell you  what I’ll tip toe back to work an leave you sulk an talk trash about folk an there dogs without anybody allowed to answer you, just like ole times I see ?

D what's the point mate ?‍♂️

56 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I was on skycats case for a few years when she was toying with idea of lining her butch agajn, either to a full Airedale or a lurcher, I missed out on the litter she bred an them lurchers turned out very nice an handy, pal of mine went down an spent some time with her an proper fell in love with the Airedale crosses she had at time, shame she never bred again as of a bit her hand off for a pup an paid what ever it went where ever for one 

Do reckon theres any pics of them about on here?? Old thread bout em perhaps?? ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

Clearly a good lamping dog that will provide good hauls of freshly caught rabbits must undoubtedly be thoroughly clever but more importantly it must be mute in order to  be a lamping mans four legged companion!!! A running dog which gives tounge is not worth having to be perfectly honest and truthful .Those that do open up are best left for day work with ferreting and webs they can then be used to bay at the entrance hole of rabbits Warren's. So all is not lost so to speak. With all probability I am of the opinion from a personal perspective believe that anything that is particularly frustrated whenever it is unable to keep up with its chosen quarry is undoubtedly  going to open up this i believe is more likely to be inherited from  hounds or terrier 

images.jpeg-31.jpg

What a load of shite are you really  plum