Patterdale x whippet

6 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I take it not many on here have seen spaniel x whippets as small type bushing lurchers. 

Isn't there a couple of lads on here with that type?  One was a brittany x whippet/grey, I think?

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I reckon he could teach most pure whippets a thing or two. First x whippet Russell. Probably not as fast as a straight whippet but hardy, clever and brave. I wish I could have him back at that age aga

Russell X 3/4 grey 1/4 collie. This lad done way, way more than I ever expected. 22" ? Cheers, D.    

its a funny subject isn't it ....this hole thing of a dog opening up....yapping... as lurcher lads we are so programed to hate and detest opening up....its to point where most lads would never ad

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Isn't there a couple of lads on here with that type?  One was a brittany x whippet/grey, I think?

Not saying they are any better than a terrier whippet but my choice and it's only my views but if i wanted a small bushing type lurcher my choice would be out of a cover busting cocker or springer that responded well to commands and training and a good keen whippet than to a dog bred from generations of digging dog's for rabbiting only.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Not saying they are any better than a terrier whippet but my choice and it's only my views but if i wanted a small bushing type lurcher my choice would be out of a cover busting cocker or springer that responded well to commands and training and a good keen whippet than to a dog bred from generations of digging dog's for rabbiting only.

No no, mate, I'm not disagreeing with you ?.  I just remembered, from a few years ago, that there was/are a couple of fellas on here that have spaniel cross/types.  ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, shaaark said:

No no, mate, I'm not disagreeing with you ?.  I just remembered, from a few years ago, that there was/are a couple of fellas on here that have spaniel cross/types.  ?

Sorry if it came across the wrong way i know you are not. Its only my opinion on the fact i have had the odd terrier in the past and tbh i can't seem to get on with them as well as the various mongrels' and Spaniels i have had.

• Like 2

I’ve got a bull x that could piss five runs a night. And I know of several more. I’ve caught bags of rabbits with a bull x and taken one hunting up on the dales mullering rabbits out of reeds and snatching them in front of other Lurchers, I’ve got a coursing bred dog, and I’ve got a pat x. I must be living in cloud cucko land ? 

• Haha 3
17 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I’ve got a bull x that could piss five runs a night. And I know of several more. I’ve caught bags of rabbits with a bull x and taken one hunting up on the dales mullering rabbits out of reeds and snatching them in front of other Lurchers, I’ve got a coursing bred dog, and I’ve got a pat x. I must be living in cloud cucko land ? 

Were on this season any way sheepchaser mate ?please bring this bull x piss 5 runs mate I beg you then we put it to bed I might be on here taking back everything I ever said ?

but I got a sneeky feeling I’m a be proved correct old Nostradamus does it again ? ?

mate you get home be speechless for 5 day full head a grey hair over night  like you have shell shock ? ? be muttering magoo magoo magoo ? ? ? ?

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Were on this season any way sheepchaser mate ?please bring this bull x piss 5 runs mate I beg you then we put it to bed I might be on here taking back everything I ever said ?

but I got a sneeky feeling I’m a be proved correct old Nostradamus does it again ? ?

mate you get home be speechless for 5 day full head a grey hair over night  like you have shell shock ? ? be muttering magoo magoo magoo ? ? ? ?

Like I keep saying, MAGOO IS THE MAN!!  ??

4 hours ago, mC HULL said:

you ever been to land bigger then a football pitch mate seen your favoured runner have to really run or how lads up north on bigger land go about it 

Do you only get big fields up North then?

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Like I keep saying, MAGOO IS THE MAN!!  ??

mate I recon I could get me old bitch 14 full a lumps knee that pops when she walks off the couch at me old lady’s and still beat a big daft bull grey mate ? ? ? ? ?

I talk that back mate I’m talking shit this time ? ? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Clearly a good lamping dog that will provide good hauls of freshly caught rabbits must undoubtedly be thoroughly clever but more importantly it must be mute in order to  be a lamping mans four legged companion!!! A running dog which gives tounge is not worth having to be perfectly honest and truthful .Those that do open up are best left for day work with ferreting and webs they can then be used to bay at the entrance hole of rabbits Warren's. So all is not lost so to speak. With all probability I am of the opinion from a personal perspective believe that anything that is particularly frustrated whenever it is unable to keep up with its chosen quarry is undoubtedly  going to open up this i believe is more likely to be inherited from  hounds or terrier 

images.jpeg-31.jpg

• Haha 4
6 minutes ago, downsouth said:

7 minutes ago, downsouth said:

No mate you got Romney marsh down there that’s not bad is it you run that much mate 

8 minutes ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

Clearly a good lamping dog that will provide good hauls of freshly caught rabbits must undoubtedly be thoroughly clever but more importantly it must be mute in order to  be a lamping mans four legged companion!!! A running dog which gives tounge is not worth having to be perfectly honest and truthful .Those that do open up are best left for day work with ferreting and webs they can then be used to bay at the entrance hole of rabbits Warren's. So all is not lost so to speak. With all probability I am of the opinion from a personal perspective believe that anything that is particularly frustrated whenever it is unable to keep up with its chosen quarry is undoubtedly  going to open up this i believe is more likely to be inherited from  hounds or terrier 

images.jpeg-31.jpg

Worse I had a little bitch didn’t pull hard but the noise it made was unbelieveable could hear it 10 mile away like a fat bird snoring