Jump to content

Taking the plunge.


Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, king said:

And agency's don't pay x1.5 mate..it's an easy life I think driving plant..yes you got to put the hours in for a decent wage..but for the uneducated folk out there and I'm one the money is ok I think...I can see me being where I am now for the long term to be honest...it is like groundhog day but that's the same everywhere I think..

How did you get on stripping topsoil..

I know they don't but if you work directly for the client they do. 

I've heard rumours from the supervisor that the boss thinks I'm a good lad so he will probably ask me to work directly for them. 

They are bad payers cards in but not terrible if you go self employed with them. I'll see how it pans out. 

Been toing and froing all weekend about what to do. 

I was sound on it pal, they are muckshifters though so not steady away, it was strip it and load the moxy ASAP for infill. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happiness is under rated, I would highly recommend it to anybody, we here once an nocnut knows for how long so make the most   We are finding a few older guys jumping jobs, coming over to us

Ironically the guy you’ve constantly been calling a skiver and dole scrounger is probably best placed to answer any concerns you might have …….

Oh thank f**k you've told us we've all been so worried

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I know they don't but if you work directly for the client they do. 

I've heard rumours from the supervisor that the boss thinks I'm a good lad so he will probably ask me to work directly for them. 

They are bad payers cards in but not terrible if you go self employed with them. I'll see how it pans out. 

Been toing and froing all weekend about what to do. 

I was sound on it pal, they are muckshifters though so not steady away, it was strip it and load the moxy ASAP for infill. 

Moxy I haven't seen one of them for years.. time soon flies when you are at it all day mate..

They stockpiling the topsoil or topsoiling the batters etc..

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, baker boy said:

 

Always an option in case the other work dries up..😁

My son has had no work off that company I was tell you about for 2wks now mate,I told him to f**k them off as ya can’t live life like that and he has just been set back on at the company at the bottom of our estate.So he is back to making breeze blocks again but it’s £400 a week,better than nothing off that rail company mate.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, lurchers said:

My son has had no work off that company I was tell you about for 2wks now mate,I told him to f**k them off as ya can’t live life like that and he has just been set back on at the company at the bottom of our estate.So he is back to making breeze blocks again but it’s £400 a week,better than nothing off that rail company mate.

Cant say I blame him mate, tell him if he still wants track work to try the bigger contract firms mate, theres always weekend work if he wants to bump his money up

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Cant say I blame him mate, tell him if he still wants track work to try the bigger contract firms mate, theres always weekend work if he wants to bump his money up

He said he registered with one of them that you said but he was waiting for them to get back to him.He’s doing 4 on 4 off back at this place,so I said the weekends you don’t work try on the tracks so ya can make a few more £££

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well guys it's come to crunch time and I've decided to stay where I am for the time being. 

The timing is not right atm for me, the house is up for remortgaging next year and the last thing I need is a year's worth of uncertainty. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Well guys it's come to crunch time and I've decided to stay where I am for the time being. 

The timing is not right atm for me, the house is up for remortgaging next year and the last thing I need is a year's worth of uncertainty. 

Oh thank f**k you've told us we've all been so worried

  • Haha 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/06/2021 at 17:50, Greb147 said:

Well guys it's come to crunch time and I've decided to stay where I am for the time being. 

The timing is not right atm for me, the house is up for remortgaging next year and the last thing I need is a year's worth of uncertainty. 

Well I lasted another week jacked it in last Friday, am not very computer literate which is a must in today’s world, so yesterday I got up and spent several hours on the internet learning, I joined a local Facebook group in the village I,m moored and put my services up on there in 24hrs I have had 3 jobs come in which will keep me busy for at least the next month or so and have also been offered a full time job with a wood burner installation company knocking out fireplace openings and making them ready for the stove at £20 an hour, as I,ve said before if your willing to graft you will never be left behind and the next door that opens may be the one you have waited all your life for 👍👍

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Well I lasted another week jacked it in last Friday, am not very computer literate which is a must in today’s world, so yesterday I got up and spent several hours on the internet learning, I joined a local Facebook group in the village I,m moored and put my services up on there in 24hrs I have had 3 jobs come in which will keep me busy for at least the next month or so and have also been offered a full time job with a wood burner installation company knocking out fireplace openings and making them ready for the stove at £20 an hour, as I,ve said before if your willing to graft you will never be left behind and the next door that opens may be the one you have waited all your life for 👍👍

Whatever you are going to be, be happy.

If you ain’t happy with something, just don’t do it👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WILF said:

Whatever you are going to be, be happy.

If you ain’t happy with something, just don’t do it👍

 That was the problem in the boat yard loved the work and the environment but the relationship amongst the staff is totally toxic no trust or loyalty between any of them out of 6 staff 1 is a bully 1 a manic depressive and one a raving narcissist, everyone trying to drop others in the shit while doing the least they can, it all looked lovely and idealistic until you scratched the surface, so I had to get on before I ended up like them 👍👍

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/06/2021 at 09:19, Greb147 said:

Question for the long term tax dodgers. 

Regarding fuel expenses, I've  read that you claim 45p a mile for the first 10k and 25p thereafter. 

Something doesn't add up right though, so if I do 15k a year I can claim for £5,750?

That's not right as most lads rebate is much less than that. 

Always been on the books so excuse my understanding. 😁

a proper tax dodger claims nowt pays nowt ,,, 🙂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Happiness is under rated, I would highly recommend it to anybody, we here once an nocnut knows for how long so make the most

 

We are finding a few older guys jumping jobs, coming over to us even if for only a few shifts a week, seems there’s a lot of unhappiness in the workplace just now, in lots diff sectors, we have had a chef, accountant an now a fencer all come to us in past few months. All looking for a bit more happiness an less stress in there life’s, I been saying it for years, I may not have a lot material wise but with 4 happy healthy kids an my own happiness, i class myself as a very lucky dude. Nope it ain’t perfect but I do what I want, when I want an it seems to be working, if you don’t like what you doing ( obviously we can’t all sit on couch an wank all day, or work dogs everyday, but you can still be happy in what you have to do to support your family. I’m also lucky I don’t mind me own company haha so work a bit meself at nights an odd days out trapping an stuff with nobody to grip my shite, an when I do work with other folk I get to hand choose em 😁

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sid g said:

a proper tax dodger claims nowt pays nowt ,,, 🙂

Claims everything, so therefore pays nowt, it’s impossible to just live outside of the system, trust me I tried for most of my life but it’s over and we have to adapt and move on, you can only play the system if you are part of the system today, adapt and overcome 😉😉

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...