11 minutes ago, stop.end said:

Here's a wee first X wheaten...out X by the greyhound side... But the out X was actually a granddaughter of original site... 13 months old broken to stock... First time out ferreting...bolted 8 she caught 4 .. by end of day she was listening... Marking and not chewing them up but catching and just sitting... Was great to watch to be honest... But it's in her whole linage if that makes sense ?

IMG20210605125048.jpg

Nice looking little dog ??

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? Personally,..I believe that the initial hybridisation twixt two different types , whilst being more than satisfactory for most enthusiasts, invariably tempt many of us to go to the next stage, and t

Here's a wee first X wheaten...out X by the greyhound side... But the out X was actually a granddaughter of original site... 13 months old broken to stock... First time out ferreting...bolted 8 she ca

What I did was I told you a story that’s true and there are other witnesses on here. The bitch in question caught all of those things, she was never ever a hare dog, she just had a big enough heart to

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, poxon said:

Nice looking little dog ??

I'm not holding her by the way.. I'm taking the picture... I'm way more younger handsome and slimmer than that ? ... But let's just say the wheaten side is still the same as it was from when wheatens were wheatens...and greyhounds are not just tested on the track... 4 days later same bitch was being exercised in a reshy field about a quarter of a mile from her home...it must of being lying snuggled up in a bed... Wee bitch hunted it up coursed it about 60 yards... Hit it that hard it went into the air and landed...and 2 seconds later it was tongue out... Total accident but handled it like her whole linage...best form of natural pest control...for quarry and dog.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, shaaark said:

They not that hairy, but salukis can do that, off a 300 yard slip.  That's what you OBVIOUSLY need.  ?

300 yards that's not much of a fair slip 530 yards now theres a flair slip give them some law 

10 hours ago, poxon said:

F1 is a excellent starting point yeah ? mate but there’s that little more in the cross to be had that people dedicated to just f1 don’t see I don’t believe no f1 is finished article my self. Hope the stud goes well. 

How do see a f1 as a good starting point if they no good ? There fecked as you have said from experience yet you have never owned a beddy or worked one ? And of course you can’t breed f1 with a f1 that’s impossible but if your just buying in there’s nowt wrong with f1 they up to most stuff and punch above there weight ,f1xf1 is the same as lurcher to lurcher and yes you can get good ones but also cloddy wastage I know I’ve done it , that’s why I’d always go lurcher x hound and vise versus ,everyone to there own , I’m only interested in filling a pot and having stuff retrieved ,if anything else is being pest I av plenty more strings to the bow atb

32 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

How do see a f1 as a good starting point if they no good ? There fecked as you have said from experience yet you have never owned a beddy or worked one ? And of course you can’t breed f1 with a f1 that’s impossible but if your just buying in there’s nowt wrong with f1 they up to most stuff and punch above there weight ,f1xf1 is the same as lurcher to lurcher and yes you can get good ones but also cloddy wastage I know I’ve done it , that’s why I’d always go lurcher x hound and vise versus ,everyone to there own , I’m only interested in filling a pot and having stuff retrieved ,if anything else is being pest I av plenty more strings to the bow atb

I swear your retarded we have said all this shit before moocher! There’s more men with f1s than just you! You’ve asked me before about beddys we’ve had 3 ??We have also had a few f1s??An plenty of beddy lurcher breds??Think it’s safe to say I know what I want to see out the cross to say it’s a good cross I think it’s also safe to say I know my way around a dog an don’t really need a lesson on breeding a good one as for litter wastage that only applies to the pea in pod sellers tack tic bull shit  there is same litter wastage in any lurcher litter wastage isn’t done on looks it’s done on if the job can be done
As for good starting point they are if you can get a decent one!but modern time good luck with that!!!! 

moocher your dog your choice but answer me this if a f1 is such a decent dog as what you keep trying to act the protecter of why the f**k are you on about adding whippet?

• Like 1
Just now, TOMO said:

only first cross i would have would be a whippet x greyhound....

i see this quickly got to 11 pages....read the first 3 and jumped to the end

Yeah but whippet/greyhound will have crap feet, magoo said so.  And they won't have enough stamina for 3 - 7 minute courses, even if you don't go hare coursing, in 500 acre swimming pools.  Nah, you'd definitely be better off with a sal/coursing bred.  Whippet/greyhound, he'd laugh at one, while it's collapsed in a heap, with it's feet 'smashed'. 

Magoo knows his onions.  ?

2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Yeah but whippet/greyhound will have crap feet, magoo said so.  And they won't have enough stamina for 3 - 7 minute courses, even if you don't go hare coursing, in 500 acre swimming pools.  Nah, you'd definitely be better off with a sal/coursing bred.  Whippet/greyhound, he'd laugh at one, while it's collapsed in a heap, with it's feet 'smashed'. 

The whippet will give the cross abit a stamina mate enough to lamp plenty and have fun in the day  

Handy cross quite injury prone but good fast good killers ? 

4 minutes ago, shaaark said:

not having it ....maggo is my mate....he will agree with me ...hes knows im always right

• Haha 2

to be fair though what he said is correct in general ....

i think with lurchers in general first crosses are limited with speed ...thats why we like  "LURCHERS " so much...

stuff with different breeds in but plenty running dog...bred from best to best..

• Like 4