1 hour ago, poxon said:

If I was forced to get a f1 I’d take my chances with a f1 bull greyhound I’m a traditional  lurcher man by trade but don’t see traditional base blood up to much so a modern solution for modern problems is my answer I’d rather take my gamble there 

First x bulls are decent because there not as heavy as the line bred halfxs so I find the first x a tad faster then when you start doing 3rd 4th generation half x etc.. Seen a few first x saluki out of that Khan jihad but wasn't worth a wank tbh and I had a first x Beddy bitch break a ditch in two halfs for a rabbit on the lamp just lacked the size for continuous fox work, but I run mainly fox so it's a bull x or Wheaton x for me but obviously depends on what your running. 

• Like 4

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? Personally,..I believe that the initial hybridisation twixt two different types , whilst being more than satisfactory for most enthusiasts, invariably tempt many of us to go to the next stage, and t

Here's a wee first X wheaten...out X by the greyhound side... But the out X was actually a granddaughter of original site... 13 months old broken to stock... First time out ferreting...bolted 8 she ca

What I did was I told you a story that’s true and there are other witnesses on here. The bitch in question caught all of those things, she was never ever a hare dog, she just had a big enough heart to

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Out of curiosity ? Why do you want everyone to agree with you? Why do you care if they think different ? Just curious ? 

im saying what i think seen 

if someone puts different ill ask questions mate 

why you so bothered when i say what i seen 

i dont want people to agree with me 

just talk sense what they seen 

9 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

a half cross bull greyhpound bags a bunnys  and hares and deer must a been something opposite to the ones i seen mate 

ones i seen like greyhound steroids big wide things one  2 explosive short runs ok if in stright line absolutly no stamina and badb bad turning 

were talking first cross mate 

not a half cross to a 3/4 greyhound  ?

which tend to be more racey

Must be the opposite to the ones you've seen then... ??

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

im saying what i think seen 

if someone puts different ill ask questions mate 

why you so bothered when i say what i seen 

i dont want people to agree with me 

just talk sense what they seen 

I’m not bothered mate. I don’t think I’ve ONCE said saluki xs or coursing dogs are crap, but you’ve spent days telling folk they are idiots, keep crap dogs, don’t do proper hunting, etc etc. Like I said I think you’re probably quite sound, but you are at times coming across like a bit of a know it all bore on here, on a one man mission to promote one x over any other. They make you happy, and that’s what counts. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Out of curiosity are you calling me a liar ? I just told you what I’ve seen and you’re telling me I’m silly? So are you calling me a liar ? It’s a simple yes or no question ? 

i seen jack russel catch an hare mate ?

if you think and are telling lads a 5/8 bull is a capable running dog bags a rabbits hares deer fox then i think every man with a dog on here thats seen out knows your lying 

• Haha 1
Just now, mC HULL said:

i seen jack russel catch an hare mate ?

if you think and are telling lads a 5/8 bull is a capable running dog bags a rabbits hares deer fox then i think every man with a dog on here thats seen out knows your lying 

What I did was I told you a story that’s true and there are other witnesses on here. The bitch in question caught all of those things, she was never ever a hare dog, she just had a big enough heart to stop the odd one or two. She could however kill deer, rabbits and more foxes and other things than I care to remember. She wasn’t owned by me, but by another member on here, who you’ve already tried to belittle once, and she was seen in action by a handful on here. She was mother to the dog I lost last year and is grand mother to my current pup. If you’re gonna start calling me a liar cos it doesn’t fit in with what you want to hear then in my eyes you’re a prick and I’m done talking to you. Have a good night. 

I don’t mind a bit of banter and a debate but when you start trying to be little people and call folk liars, because they don’t toe your line. You’re just being a c*nt. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Out of curiosity are you calling me a liar ? I just told you what I’ve seen and you’re telling me I’m silly? So are you calling me a liar ? It’s a simple yes or no question ? 

Mate, in his own way, he's calling us all liars.  He even called me a liar, because my kc reg whippets were well over 20" tts, so, in his words 'they must be grews'.  Lol

• Like 2

This whole question depends on where you run your dog what your going to hunt then what are you looking for in your dog now for me it's got to be half bull half grey reason being I love the temperament they have I have the drive and the gameness you get a decent 1 there like shit off a shovel there not gonna be on long dog levels but if you've got a goodun you've got a goodun racey athletic and stamina to boot but remember you've got to source something decent nothing of labrador breeding either ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

What I did was I told you a story that’s true and there are other witnesses on here. The bitch in question caught all of those things, she was never ever a hare dog, she just had a big enough heart to stop the odd one or two. She could however kill deer, rabbits and more foxes and other things than I care to remember. She wasn’t owned by me, but by another member on here, who you’ve already tried to belittle once, and she was seen in action by a handful on here. She was mother to the dog I lost last year and is grand mother to my current pup. If you’re gonna start calling me a liar cos it doesn’t fit in with what you want to hear then in my eyes you’re a prick and I’m done talking to you. Have a good night. 

I don’t mind a bit of banter and a debate but when you start trying to be little people and call folk liars, because they don’t toe your line. You’re just being a c*nt. 

He said your beard had got bods nesting in it aswell mate 

• Haha 5
44 minutes ago, poxon said:

Ill be honest I’d want more than a rabbit dog nothing against them  I’m sorry if this sounds a bit mr bowline but I’d want more than a rabbit dog out the f1 all I see with people with f1s of the traditional stuff of dogs that can punch higher than there means back tracking breeding to a lesser dog for rabbits it don’t make sence my end but not my dogs that’s all I see in my eyes if the dogs punching you keep the momentum going you breed to the same calibre of dog that’s hitting above it’s weight to see we’re it takes you no going back to the beginning an buying a f1 it’s not the finish article it’s just the beginning sorry for the bowline sounding shit talk 

your in banter poxline Lurchers ?

I got a f1 as you no but in no way is she the finished article but first xs suit some folk , I think the first x a good starting point as long as you got the right one and I be honest every lad I spoke to who got siblings to mine are all happy with what they got .I'm hoping to get a stud lined up for next yr and should make similar breeding to yours  if I can talk her into it .

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Penda said:

This whole question depends on where you run your dog what your going to hunt then what are you looking for in your dog now for me it's got to be half bull half grey reason being I love the temperament they have I have the drive and the gameness you get a decent 1 there like shit off a shovel there not gonna be on long dog levels but if you've got a goodun you've got a goodun racey athletic and stamina to boot but remember you've got to source something decent nothing of labrador breeding either ?

I like your cut g

2 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

so your dummys out because said bitch is grandmother to a dog you lost whos sister was give away because couldnt kill doubled up fox but was good enough to breed off  that you have a pup from

i think your hearing things you dont want to hear mate 

you sure your not the one promoting ??