Cocker/Bull ? - Got no use for a first cross lurcher of any type these days.

In yesteryear those early Bull bloods were right up there using quality bull blood. Same with Beddys and quality Rillington stuff. The pastoral boys may say the same with their faves, and though i've owned a couple i couldn't tell you if collie crosses were better then or now.

Give me sommat line bred, off proven gear and i'll be happy. ?

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? Personally,..I believe that the initial hybridisation twixt two different types , whilst being more than satisfactory for most enthusiasts, invariably tempt many of us to go to the next stage, and t

Here's a wee first X wheaten...out X by the greyhound side... But the out X was actually a granddaughter of original site... 13 months old broken to stock... First time out ferreting...bolted 8 she ca

What I did was I told you a story that’s true and there are other witnesses on here. The bitch in question caught all of those things, she was never ever a hare dog, she just had a big enough heart to

Posted Images

If I was forced to get a f1 I’d take my chances with a f1 bull greyhound I’m a traditional  lurcher man by trade but don’t see traditional base blood up to much so a modern solution for modern problems is my answer I’d rather take my gamble there 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Bosun11 said:

Cocker/Bull ? - Got no use for a first cross lurcher of any type these days.

In yesteryear those early Bull bloods were right up there using quality bull blood. Same with Beddys and quality Rillington stuff. The pastoral boys may say the same with their faves, and though i've owned a couple i couldn't tell you if collie crosses were better then or now.

Give me sommat line bred, off proven gear and i'll be happy. ?

?

3 minutes ago, poxon said:

If I was forced to get a f1 I’d take my chances with a f1 bull greyhound I’m a traditional  lurcher man by trade but don’t see traditional base blood up to much so a modern solution for modern problems is my answer I’d rather take my gamble there 

just about useless mate unless round a hole ?

Just now, mC HULL said:

just about useless mate unless round a hole ?

I’d rather take my chances on a bull x throwing to the racey side as a foxer type than touch something bred from wet dogs that only wants to feck about with rabbits an won’t entertain nothing else tbh I’d rather just give up dogs than keep a dog that wants to be a fanny

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, poxon said:

Preposterous, sir poxon!!

Magoo is trying his best to ensure all of us will see the only dog to have is a saluki cross/type.

After all, they can catch hares, any hares, better than any other dog, catch rabbits as good as any other dog, catch foxes as good as any other dog and catch deer better than almost any other dog.

Why on earth does anyone need any other type of running dog?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Just now, Moocher71 said:

Like yourself 

allways  had a quality tongue  fingers and and stroke /length mate  ?

what can you do with half bred bull grey mate as a runner just about useless ive seen  plenty to big heavy like a double decker bus turning ?

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Magoo is trying his best to ensure all of us will see the only dog to have is a saluki cross/type.

After all, they can catch hares, any hares, better than any other dog, catch rabbits as good as any other dog, catch foxes as good as any other dog and catch deer better than almost any other dog.

a half saluki grey is in my book about best half bred for most things mate 

a saluki best hares best for deer 

caqpable on bunny and fox 

theres rabbit dogs better than saluki coursing bred

and fox dogs better mate ?

but for everything that be my pick ?

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

allways  had a quality tongue  fingers and and stroke /length mate  ?

what can you do with half bred bull grey mate as a runner just about useless ive seen  plenty to big heavy like a double decker bus turning ?

I see some cracking bull xs and this post was never about the best type over all as they no such thing and you should no that if you been into lurchers like you say ,its about what first x would lads have and why , we all have different xs but be good to hear what others say instead of you saying all types are useless apart from sal bred dogs  

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Saluki greyhound it is then I’m sold ?i think I’d have one ready for a new home in no time for my needs I just don’t think this cross would suit me unless it’s got a bit of bull blood then I’ll take one of our the right stuff