More pentagon confirmed UFO,s ??

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found faith a few yrs ago now,my Mrs and kids go to church couple of times a week, myself about twice a month..let folks believe what they want in my book... just don't try and push it on others?

There's millions or Christians left around the world , just because they don't shout about it or ain't manic in their beliefs don't mean there not out there ..

You really need to give it a go FD it might chill you out a bit ?

Posted Images

I'm loathe to get into a theological debate, but if people fervently believe the bible is the word of god, how do they explain the "end of days", "the Rapture" ?

According to the Christian bible, no one goes to heaven until the "second coming of Christ" . Then it becomes unclear, are the living believers raised up first, or the dead believers ? Are the "chosen believers" limited to 144,000 ? What happens to the rest ?

Philosophers and theologians have debated and argued over this for hundreds of years.

If the bible is really the word of god, why is it so ambiguous ?

Cheers.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Francie said:

See thats the problem with evoloution,they teach you that your just an animal,worthless,no meaning in life,hey anything goes,Really good to teach children eh. 

I don’t think evolution teaches us anyone is worthless mate .That’s a human trait some give themselves through weakness or others label some because it’s true .Not all are born equal ,was never thus nor ever will be .We are born in the footsteps of our fathers .Doing better is natural as is becoming a cull , nothing more nothing less .

Meaning in life only becomes important when you’ve procreated .To never have children and sorry if this cuts deep ,is to fail at life IMO.

Material things are what we gather to aid that life and to pass on to our offspring to better their lives .Anybody saying material things don’t matter ain’t never had nothing ,anybody removing material things in favour of spiritual ain’t living just going through the motions .

As most of us know, the bible is not one book; it's made up of many books, and a lot of books that didn't quite fit the narrative were excluded.

But let's stick with the two main books; the Jewish Old Testament and the Christian New Testament.

Two completely different versions of god : the vengeful, angry , murderous god of the Old Testament, who inflicted the most grevious tortures on a devout believer, Job, just to win a bet with the devil, who destroyed cities, populations and mankind except for Noah and his family, who turned one of his believers Lot's, wife, into a pillar of salt simply for turning round to look at the devastation god rained on a city.

Then we have the benificent, merciful God of the New Testament, who tells us to turn the other cheek, treat people as they would treat you, and gives his only son up to assuage our sins.

Which one is it we are supposed to pray to and believe in ? 

Cheers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think it's interesting that as far back as we can go as humans ,we have worshipped God's , world wide lots of different God's ,lots of similarities ,but as far as I know every recorded culture has worshipped God's ...are we hard wired to believe in something ?

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Astanley said:

I think it's interesting that as far back as we can go as humans ,we have worshipped God's , world wide lots of different God's ,lots of similarities ,but as far as I know every recorded culture has worshipped God's ...are we hard wired to believe in something ?

Who knows, mate, but every religion has "borrowed" from previous religions.

Maybe there is a god, or gods, I don't know........

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Astanley said:

5 minutes ago, Astanley said:

Maybe, or maybe we are master manipulators? 

Belief is vital to cooperation IMO.