3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I've asked why couldn't the UK simply have said to the EU " we will not put any border or restrictions  between Northern Ireland and Eire, if the EU wants a border, let them build it ! ".

Would that have been to simple ?

Cheers.

The U.K. consistently said they didn’t want a border on the Island or Ireland mate, it was the EU insisted on a border all along “to protect the block”.......however the spin and rhetoric was that the U.K. was making there be a border, we said no such thing ?

• Like 2

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

??? Who the fcuk is this tramp ???.  At least have the balls to talk shite under you own username you spineless cock. Lol. 

No mate, I don’t think of him that way at all. Yes he can get a bit passionate and over excited but then again, most in here can. But you can have a decent craic with Francie and even if it

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I've asked why couldn't the UK simply have said to the EU " we will not put any border or restrictions  between Northern Ireland and Eire, if the EU wants a border, let them build it ! ".

Would that have been to simple ?

Cheers.

We signed a deal that puts a border down the Irish sea, if we break it we break international law. We aren't part of the EU so there is always going to be a border somewhere unless we agreed otherwise and we didn't. Simply put Boris promised them he wouldn't agree to a border then went and agreed one behind their backs, it was the final straw to ignite a smouldering mess just as they were warned it would be. But that was just project fear.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The Conservatives have always been happy to sell their allies down the river

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, riohog said:

as long as they dont start the noncence  on the mainland they can carry on and wreck belfast and derry for me .

You don’t have to worry about that mate, when a country sits back and allows wholesale rape of its vulnerable kids by gangs of Asians and does absolutely nothing then I don’t think you have to worry too much about them sticking up for their British identity ! Lol  

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, WILF said:

England could not tie Northern Ireland’s boots when it comes to valuing your identity and being patriotic about who you are.

England go it alone mate ?......you’d have to rename it The Republic of African & Pakistan On Sea ! Lol 

Agree with the last bit yeah.... 

Also you know I'd like to give everyone a kick up the arse and teach em patriotism isn't just chanting for the world Cup every few years......but if patriotism is about stoning kids because they are a different religion or having 100 years of pointless murdering of innocent people then I'd rather pay my subs and join corbyns communist party 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, sandymere said:

We signed a deal that puts a border down the Irish sea, if we break it we break international law. We aren't part of the EU so there is always going to be a border somewhere unless we agreed otherwise and we didn't. Simply put Boris promised them he wouldn't agree to a border then went and agreed one behind their backs, it was the final straw to ignite a smouldering mess just as they were warned it would be. But that was just project fear.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The Conservatives have always been happy to sell their allies down the river

I agree with Charts mate, we should have just put the ball in their court and made them put up a border if they really wanted one.

Lets not forget the EU have been monkeys about this too, they put in an extra check on RO/RO freight that don’t exist for sea or air freight and it causes major headaches.....they did this as soon as the TCA was signed 

Even TDs didn’t know about it, directive sent directly to revenue from Brussels ?

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

You don’t have to worry about that mate, when a country sits back and allows wholesale rape of its vulnerable kids by gangs of Asians and does absolutely nothing then I don’t think you have to worry too much about them sticking up for their British identity ! Lol  

yes   the job is fkd  mate i know that  /////

• Like 1

All of that trouble in Ireland seems a bit of a shame to me - essentially they're all the same people, living on the same bit of land but, they like to kick off at each other now and again.

..........from the outside, looking in, it seems mental (admittedly I don't much about it).

And, what's all this 'peace wall' and 'peace gate' stuff? - talk about sugar coating it.

1 minute ago, Jonjon79 said:

All of that trouble in Ireland seems a bit of a shame to me - essentially they're all the same people, living on the same bit of land but, they like to kick off at each other now and again.

..........from the outside, looking in, it seems mental (admittedly I don't much about it).

And, what's all this 'peace wall' and 'peace gate' stuff? - talk about sugar coating it.

British lads from the mainland will never understand or grasp all the stuff going on in Ireland.

I don’t and I have been married to a Belfast girl for 25 years and lived here for 6.

We just can’t comprehend having serious conversations and having to make policy around events that happened 800 years ago and are talked about like it was yesterday ! 

We will never understand that at all ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Agree with the last bit yeah.... 

Also you know I'd like to give everyone a kick up the arse and teach em patriotism isn't just chanting for the world Cup every few years......but if patriotism is about stoning kids because they are a different religion or having 100 years of pointless murdering of innocent people then I'd rather pay my subs and join corbyns communist party 

What I always find amusing about the n I situation in a perverse way is there is a difference in the media . 

with the conflicts over the summer in the uk and the statues , anti police demonstrations et al there was a tongue in cheek type reporting . A polarising of views from mainstream media , the right to demonstrate, interviews with both sides etc . All very microcosmic reactions . 

but in n I there is always a graveness to the reporting . As if they know that in three to four days time it’s not a case of a changed venue or a social media Twitter spat , it’s more a case of “Michael , go dig the Kalashnikovs up my boy “ 

To describe either polarised fractions as meekly as chucking stones at kids mate is a bit simplistic . Think Francis , chid , dog man et al will correct me but wasn’t that situation a case of republicans using the lower ormeau road for school access by day and for republican crime activity at night ?  Hence the locals wanted the school access removed . 

agreed though a horrible Situation . What was nice to read though was the lady from Sinn Fein making the statement about backing the psni in this . A far cry from a the old Gerry adams dubbed videos ?

And a step in the right direction for all those  in that great little country

1 minute ago, WILF said:

British lads from the mainland will never understand or grasp all the stuff going on in Ireland.

I don’t and I have been married to a Belfast girl for 25 years and lived here for 6.

We just can’t comprehend having serious conversations and having to make policy around events that happened 800 years ago and are talked about like it was yesterday ! 

Aye yous don't wilf to be fair,an it's not just about 800 years ago,a secterian occupying force are still here,nothings changed,the ruc are still as bitter as twenty year ago towards Irish folk, Ireland was partioned 100 years ago,not long ago. 

The irony in yous lads statements is funny,yous go an invade middle Eastern countries,blow them to bits,kids an all,with the yanks,then wonder why they come here,an you can't even handle that,so you came to Ireland ?Id hate to see your face if an actual army came to invade,you just don't get it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
12 minutes ago, WILF said:

Fair comment - I can't really comprehend holding a grudge like that.

I suppose that why I tend to stay out of those conversations. 

If there was a United Ireland Sinn Fein would be out of a job ! Lol ? 

Their foundation back in the day was very much like we see today, a group of dissatisfied republicans hijacked, funded and encouraged by Marxist/Communist outside influencers.

They are still basically that and if they didn’t have the British to hate on they would be null and void.

A bit like BLM, they are the cover for Marxism and always have been.

But anyway, I digress........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Francie said:

Aye yous don't wilf to be fair,an it's not just about 800 years ago,a secterian occupying force are still here,nothings changed,the ruc are still as bitter as twenty year ago towards Irish folk, Ireland was partioned 100 years ago,not long ago. 

The irony in yous lads statements is funny,yous go an invade middle Eastern countries,blow them to bits,kids an all,with the yanks,then wonder why they come here,an you can't even handle that,so you came to Ireland ?Id hate to see your face if an actual army came to invade,you just don't get it.

I wasn’t trying to be smart mate, I was just trying to explain something that I know most people on the mainland just don’t grasp.

We don’t learn about our own history never mind the history of Ireland mate.

19 minutes ago, Francie said:

Come on Francis , let’s not go down that route pal. 

to be fair , I’ve been to Afghanistan twice and the idea that I went there to shoot kids or blow them to bits was never on the cards mate . 

• Like 6