On 05/02/2021 at 13:15, W. Katchum said:

Ain’t starlings on gutters is it? Wouldn’t believe the noise they make here, my missus goes a bit bat shit when they start first light in spring  an summer, they constantly running along the gutters an pecking away at it like woodpeckers ?don’t bother me like but it’s annoys life out her?

Maybe birds in the soffit. You'll see no sign of them in the loft but they can often be heard inside.

• Like 1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heard it earlier myself again Scratching noise in one spot and then sounded like it was scuttling across the plasterboard in the attic Didn’t sound like birds on roof or In outside guttering

Looks like there's mouse muck in that photo ? They could be years old though and nothing to do with what you've got now. Getting quite a few squirrel jobs in roofs again now the females are looki

Where to ?

Posted Images

On 05/02/2021 at 23:26, Steak knife said:

Yes

2 aerials on my gable mine that’s not used anymore and the next door neighbours

It runs over the roof tiles diagonally to them

could be blowing about in the wind, seen it before.

• Like 1

Years ago I had a rat job that turned out to be one rat that wouldn't take the bait. I set up a trail cam and you could see this one large rat sit with it's nose literally millimetres off the fenn trap that had peanut butter on it for 10-15 seconds, then it would turn and be gone. This went on for weeks. Some rats are neophobic and just won't touch anything new, perhaps you got one of them. Get a trail cam up there.

• Like 1

Heard it earlier myself again

Scratching noise in one spot and then sounded like it was scuttling across the plasterboard in the attic

Didn’t sound like birds on roof or In outside guttering or aerial blowing about 

Got up to investigate and found this under insulation

looks like old chestnut shells

best thing about it is no chestnut trees near my home 

have a trial cam set up so will let yous know results 

cheers

A082F388-5166-4A6E-8F34-A8AFF8EDF08C.jpeg

Edited by Steak knife
  • Like 3

Looks like there's mouse muck in that photo ? They could be years old though and nothing to do with what you've got now.

Getting quite a few squirrel jobs in roofs again now the females are looking for nesting sites.

If it is a single rat and it's only coming now and again you wont always find droppings for a start.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Ratmanwan3 said:

Looks like there's mouse muck in that photo ? They could be years old though and nothing to do with what you've got now.

Getting quite a few squirrel jobs in roofs again now the females are looking for nesting sites.

If it is a single rat and it's only coming now and again you wont always find droppings for a start.

That’s what I’m thinking 

Camera been up over 24hrs now 

Nothing 

On 10/02/2021 at 17:03, Steak knife said:

Heard it earlier myself again

Scratching noise in one spot and then sounded like it was scuttling across the plasterboard in the attic

Didn’t sound like birds on roof or In outside guttering or aerial blowing about 

Got up to investigate and found this under insulation

looks like old chestnut shells

best thing about it is no chestnut trees near my home 

have a trial cam set up so will let yous know results 

cheers

A082F388-5166-4A6E-8F34-A8AFF8EDF08C.jpeg

Hard to tell from the pic but looks like a old bumble bees nest to me

Just an update. 
Camera up in attic a week today not one motion detected. 
Myself and partner heard what sounded like scratching the other day in area close to pipes and where the camera was facing.

I went live on the camera and there was nothing there.

None of the traps activated 

Still no answers