Right lads the kids and the missus have heard something in our attic.

I heard something for a few seconds the other evening but didn’t last long enough to have a good listen or insight to what it could be. 

They say they can hear scratching and what I heard was similar.

No sign or mice rats birds or bats

No droppings of any kind or nothing chewed 

For the last fortnight I’ve had a live cage trap with a piece of mars bar with peanut butter set and 2 big cheese snap traps that came pre baited but I smeared some peanut butter onto them also.

No joy at all

My house is at the end of the row and there’s piping like most attics running along though on mine there’s 2 large valves that I’m not sure is common? 

Im thinking it’s maybe the pressure in the pipes or air? 

If it was mice or rats birds or bats I’m sure you’d hear them more in the morning or evening/night time

Yet when I’m at work they’re hearing it randomly at different times.

I haven’t heard it only for them quick few seconds so any help would be appreciated

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heard it earlier myself again Scratching noise in one spot and then sounded like it was scuttling across the plasterboard in the attic Didn’t sound like birds on roof or In outside guttering

Looks like there's mouse muck in that photo ? They could be years old though and nothing to do with what you've got now. Getting quite a few squirrel jobs in roofs again now the females are looki

Where to ?

Posted Images

I know this'll probably come across as armchair fantasist material (It probably is!) But, have you really anything to loose from just spreading a little patch of flour up there?

Alright. I have just brought home two bags of the stuff. Gonna make me some chapati's :D But, what did we do before every bugger - 'cept you - had a trail cam?

• Haha 1

Don't fck around wondering. Trail cam or some uv tracking dust.....or flour if you like ?

Stip insulation out of the way from between 2 joists and monitor a path right across. 

I deal with this type of job 10 times a week and I've wasted my time and p*ssed about many a time with just guessing what it can be..... 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Ain’t starlings on gutters is it? Wouldn’t believe the noise they make here, my missus goes a bit bat shit when they start first light in spring  an summer, they constantly running along the gutters an pecking away at it like woodpeckers ?don’t bother me like but it’s annoys life out her?

No mate deffo not starlings 

When I heard it that time it was In between landing and bedroom so well away from the gutters

• Like 1