The plummer terrier

9 minutes ago, micky said:

You have told a good tale about a man because you may have trod on some dog shit, what do you know that is true .

like i said its all  there  re read it seems like you cant get your head round it ,, i aint going round in circles with you i know as do many others know the truth about the man you crack on with whatever it it your trying to get at .. 

Edited by sid g

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Little bitch I got here has never started a fight in her life, could see it being a problem if she didn’t get out regular tho tbh like most highly driven terriers 👍 like micky has said, my lads w

And that is why most folk don't like the plummer terrier.....But as a fella who mooched with lurchers,ferreted both rats and rabbits, ratted a lot and  for a few digs a season the one i had i have nev

a couple of images of my russell/ plummer. for interest

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, micky said:

Fair enough Sidney i shall now leave this topic ........ but one thing i would like you to explain to me is what exactly is a  UNEDUCATED  MORAN

very clever you picked up on a spelling mistake big deal ,

• Like 4
18 hours ago, fireman said:

Her dam was coalville lines,her sire was a mix of wyremead and can't remember without digging out her ped right now,but her sire was dug to many times and lost his life under the sod.Her dam was dug to a few times and the kennel name was Toh Kon and bred by a chap called Scott Bedding,like i said she did it all for me and i'll still go and stand by her grave in my garden and talk to her about the piles of shite that live in my kennels after a poor day out where she'd have made the difference :laugh:.

a mate of mine had 2 bitches off  coalville lines x vandal   from joe  , joes pedigrees were a bit hit n miss , he had them for ratting he gave one to a mate to set him up the other died with some sort of organ failure when it was about 4 .. i think other people pushed the breed on  better than dbp did,  i think the lack of decent dogs in the gene pool and the breeders not getting on did`nt  help the working side , no doubt they`ll be lads still breeding the odd worker , 

Edited by sid g
  • Like 2
18 hours ago, fireman said:

Her dam was coalville lines,her sire was a mix of wyremead and can't remember without digging out her ped right now,but her sire was dug to many times and lost his life under the sod.Her dam was dug to a few times and the kennel name was Toh Kon and bred by a chap called Scott Bedding,like i said she did it all for me and i'll still go and stand by her grave in my garden and talk to her about the piles of shite that live in my kennels after a poor day out where she'd have made the difference :laugh:.

Good on ya Fireman for showing some feelings about your old canine pal...

I really admire that quality in a Hunting Man.👏

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, sid g said:

a mate of mine had 2 bitches off  coalville lines x vandal   from joe  , joes pedigrees were a bit hit n miss , he had them for ratting he gave one to a mate to set him up the other died with some sort of organ failure when it was about 4 .. i think other people pushed the breed on  better than dbp did,  i think the lack of decent dogs in the gene pool and the breeders not getting on did`nt  help the working side , no doubt they`ll be lads still breeding the odd worker , 

I don’t know a lot about the breed , I’ve seen YouTube clips ratting. They are obviously all over rats .

hundreds in a day... quick little dogs and don’t stay with dead ones,... and don’t scrap over em .

I can’t understand the lack of outcross to expand , enhance , or whatever the polite word is .

surely a good , small , tight Russel is perfect .

talk of bedlington , Lucas ffs , I don’t get.

if a Plummer is a Russell , beagle , Staffordshire 

surely a good Russell would increase the gene pool.

They are very ‘ Russell type ‘.

The size of the plummer seems to be increasing.

im no expert on anything , again it’s just my opinion.

what’s the Plummer lads thoughts on outcross / gene pool.

ATB ....T

• Like 8
5 minutes ago, TonyT said:

I don’t know a lot about the breed , I’ve seen YouTube clips ratting. They are obviously all over rats .

hundreds in a day... quick little dogs and don’t stay with dead ones,... and don’t scrap over em .

I can’t understand the lack of outcross to expand , enhance , or whatever the polite word is .

ATB ....T

Bet there thoughts wouldn’t be far off the beddy lads once you outcross the purest noses get turned up but there still sit there moaning the gene pool to small 

Be mental to rule out an out cross, the fcuking terrier is made up off crosses😁 an if the folk wanna keep it pure, then more fool them, but the outcross still needs to be well thought out an done proper, an when needed 👍

• Like 5
8 hours ago, poxon said:

Scott used to live near me used to occasionally bump in to him when we were out mooching about me my cousin an our Lurchers used to have a couple of plummers an the odd beddy with him pleasant enough chap 👍🏽

I lost touch with Scott a few years back and would love to tell him all about Molly as he bred a bloody good un then and you are right mate he was a very pleasant chap indeed and i hope he is doing well in life...:victory:..

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TonyT said:

ATB ....T

it needs someone to use the same breeds used to create the breed  to start a whole new gene pool i dont know as anyone would/could be arsed with it , dbp had the ego and eccentricity to do it , 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, sid g said:

it needs someone to use the same breeds used to create the breed  to start a whole new gene pool i dont know as anyone would/could be arsed with it , dbp had the ego and eccentricity to do it , 

Would a direct outcross not invigorate the pool.

What I mean is put in qualities you want directly,

a staff , beagle , Russell , glen , Sealyham 

is a complex mix at best.

ATB ... T  

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, poxon said:

Bet there thoughts wouldn’t be far off the beddy lads once you outcross the purest noses get turned up but there still sit there moaning the gene pool to small 

6 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Be mental to rule out an out cross, the fcuking terrier is made up off crosses😁 an if the folk wanna keep it pure, then more fool them, but the outcross still needs to be well thought out an done proper, an when needed 👍

to get it right imo you would`nt need to out cross to another breed you need to use the beagle /russell/ bull  or whatever it was  to recreate the breed and create a whole new gene pool just using a random outcross would`nt produce a big enough gene pool to type from what i can gather the plummer terrier of today is trait with health problems if nothings done to improve the gene pool the breed will die out ...  

1 minute ago, TonyT said:

Would a direct outcross not invigorate the pool.

What I mean is put in qualities you want directly,

a staff , beagle , Russell , glen , Sealyham 

is a complex mix at best.

ATB ... T  

it would be a short cut but long term and to create a large enough gene pool i think you`d need to recreate the original breed ... be lads on here more into genetics than me but i think i`m on the right tracks 

4 minutes ago, sid g said:

it would be a short cut but long term and to create a large enough gene pool i think you`d need to recreate the original breed ... be lads on here more into genetics than me but i think i`m on the right tracks 

So the breed would have to start again.

then put the resulting dogs over the existing bitches.

I know nothing about genetics Sid 😂.

ATB... T

2 minutes ago, TonyT said:

So the breed would have to start again.

then put the resulting dogs over the existing bitches.

I know nothing about genetics Sid 😂.

ATB... T

and existing  dogs over new bitches soon  increase the gene pool .. it would be a new variation of the existing breed