The plummer terrier

17 minutes ago, cjcterrier said:

Not docked and I wouldn’t be buying off there or paying them prices 😂😂

Dont start about prices , there is any amount of money being asked for any amount of shite . The Days when the bloke on the boat next door would knock on the boat and ask if you could give a home to a free JRT pup are long gone

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that is why most folk don't like the plummer terrier.....But as a fella who mooched with lurchers,ferreted both rats and rabbits, ratted a lot and  for a few digs a season the one i had i have nev

Little bitch I got here has never started a fight in her life, could see it being a problem if she didn’t get out regular tho tbh like most highly driven terriers 👍 like micky has said, my lads w

a couple of images of my russell/ plummer. for interest

Posted Images

Just now, reddiesel said:

Dont start about prices , there is any amount of money being asked for any amount of shite . The Days when the bloke on the boat next door would knock on the boat and ask if you could give a home to a free JRT pup are long gone

Yep its shocking, iv been looking for a ratting dog and everything i see is well over a grand 🙈

I've seen some beautiful Plummer style terriers..👌

Gorgeous, fiery Red and white marked tykes,..lovely wee things.

They look ideal for getting into those tight, dense bramble patches, for the rabbits.

Been offered some nice pups over the years, ( once even saw a Brindle coloured one)..but, on every occasion, I just couldn't do it....I just couldn't😉

• Haha 9
2 hours ago, baker boy said:

Just did a search, they look like shit

Have they had much coverage on the Forum , I dont have a Facebook Account but I looked on the Rat Terrier UK page and was confronted with a Ferrari and a GT40 Ford with the dogs alongside , it didn't seem right to me somehow .

1 hour ago, OldPhil said:

I've seen some beautiful Plummer style terriers..👌

Gorgeous, fiery Red and white marked tykes,..lovely wee things.

They look ideal for getting into those tight, dense bramble patches, for the rabbits.

Been offered some nice pups over the years, ( once even saw a Brindle coloured one)..but, on every occasion, I just couldn't do it....I just couldn't😉

Brian Plummer who originated the Breed and now sadly long dead has a couple of films on You Tube

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, reddiesel said:

I spoke to a Lady from Kent a couple of years back who was in the process of Breeding American Rat Terriers which were relatively rare amongst those of us who work dogs .

Out of the blue this August I got an Email from her asking was I still interested , apparently she had sourced semen from Europe and her Bitch was confirmed Pregnant . Sadly I have heard nothing since and a bit pissed off I sent her an Email this morning to which I haven't yet had a reply . Anyway she was telling me that she has a Plummer which is very aggressive and she can do little with , I was tempted to say f**k the Rat Terrier how much do you want for the Plummer .

By far the worst dog I've ever had the misfortune to kennel was a Rat Terrier !

It was registered as a Miniature Manchester Terrier.

Born in the Ukraine, gifted to my daughter in Dubai, she took it, and a Miniature Pincher to Australia with her. The Pincher died so she rescued a Chihuahua from a pet shop.

Then she brought the pair of them back to the UK and I ended up with them !

The Rat Terrier was absolutely mental; would attack anything, man or dog. When you put its food down for it it would bark at the food for ten minutes !

One time it barked in the kennel continually from 0300 to 0900, that was the end of my patience with it and it took a one way trip to the vet !

Mini Pincher drinking my beer, Mini Manchester deciding if it's going to attack ! 😂 !

IMG_0132.JPG.e5bfa2336bd8ebeb9c90182b1c8bd24c.JPG

Cheers.

• Like 1