The plummer terrier

32 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Had pretty much all of the terrier and lurcher books written up untill about 10years back along with every edrd going back to the first one but flogged or gave away pretty much all of them after meeting or spending days out with a fair few authors/article writers and realising most of them are full of complete shit.

I know that feeling 😂

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Little bitch I got here has never started a fight in her life, could see it being a problem if she didn’t get out regular tho tbh like most highly driven terriers 👍 like micky has said, my lads w

And that is why most folk don't like the plummer terrier.....But as a fella who mooched with lurchers,ferreted both rats and rabbits, ratted a lot and  for a few digs a season the one i had i have nev

a couple of images of my russell/ plummer. for interest

Posted Images

7 hours ago, foxdropper said:

I need a thin out tbh but I’ll wait til they are collectors 😊

5 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

f****d off all my books bar the working terrier year books from Harcombe..... 

only got this left reason being my daughter won 20 quid for a child handling champs when she was 10  at one of the shows and she went and bought this with it to say thank you for taking her to the shows i think that year i got dragged round 50 shows 😀 51zfFJYix+L._SX362_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Edited by sid g
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Isn’t there a few breakaway clubs that dispute all the above though Steve .

There's a few break away groups doing there own thing but not heard any of them disputing how the plummer started as such,but that was years ago and iv'e heard of all sorts popping up in DNA tests lately so does it matter any more.Some lads are trying to do some out crosses but what sort of programe they have going i don't know,but good luck to them and if they do it right they should produce something worth taking out..

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I can understand adding the beagle in to make the terriers more pack friendly but then adding dog aggressive bull blood? The more I hear about Plummer the more I understand why he isn't everyone's cuppa but I suppose people are still talking about him so he got his wish, lol. They do look like good ratting dogs on the vids I've seen. I doubt there are any over here.

The thing about a proper bull is it's pure and you can sort of know what your going to get by adding it bone and body wise and it being pure as such you can breed it back out,ok you will get throw backs etc but you know what traits the offspring will keep as a bull x has been done a few times with a few things and the bone stays as we all know and that's why the bull was added to give head and jaw size and strength to it.There was some over there and i think in NZ as well but if they carried anything on with them i have no idea..

• Like 2

Your last post baffles  me Steve . How many gens do you think it would take to breed out something put in and what would you put over what to do so .I’ve added bull via a 3/4 pat so 1/4 bull .The lad breeding the first half cross has never used another but there is no mistaking the dogs he breeds .I’m a firm believer that once the physical attributes are gone ,bred out so is any other attribute but might be wrong .

• Like 2
9 hours ago, sid g said:

must be a lot about market was flooded with em i think i had everyone of em at some stage apart from blucks i`ve owned every terrierbook ever written i`ve got one terrier book here now that i keep for sentimental reasons . 

I've got a big bookcase full, hoping to sell them in my dotage ...........😁

Cheers, D.

33 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Your last post baffles  me Steve . How many gens do you think it would take to breed out something put in and what would you put over what to do so .I’ve added bull via a 3/4 pat so 1/4 bull .The lad breeding the first half cross has never used another but there is no mistaking the dogs he breeds .I’m a firm believer that once the physical attributes are gone ,bred out so is any other attribute but might be wrong .

I'd say 2 or 3. I'd a granddaughter of the last bull cross Plummer did in late 90s. To look at her you'd think there was no bull in her - her dam (3/4 plummer, 1/4 bull) looked an obvious bull cross. 

4 minutes ago, tinytiger said:

I'd say 2 or 3. I'd a granddaughter of the last bull cross Plummer did in late 90s. To look at her you'd think there was no bull in her - her dam (3/4 plummer, 1/4 bull) looked an obvious bull cross. 

Are you meaning putting back full line breeds over bull out crosses TT or full bull bloods .