What's cooking?

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

They lack the claws but tasty as , if fresh like all crustaceans 

Spain n France can’t get local

lobsters cos they over fished the med and any where else. But U.K. lobsters are a plenty being as the eu over fished the cod  round UK and cod eat little lobsters no cod  = lots of UK lobsters ? how much that spiney mush and weight ? 

Edited by green lurchers
30 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Spain n France can’t get local

lobsters cos they over fished the med and any where else. But U.K. lobsters are a plenty being as the eu over fished the cod  round UK and cod eat little lobsters no cod  = lots of UK lobsters ? how much that spiney mush and weight ? 

Not sure, I wasn't about to embarrass myself asking infront of about 20 people, knowing full well I ain't buying it ? 

In the photo the tail is folded underneath. The carapace was easily over a foot long. Next time I see one, I'll ask ;)

Edited to add;

The fish stalls/supermarkets etc are all looking bare recently. Hardly any cod and a real lack of variety. Go back 1 year, just before corvid and you could easily have 10-20 different fish options, plus mountains of shellfish. Not sure the reason but it's really apparent. The fish they have a lot of, tends to be from the Med (sea bream, seabass).

Edited by mushroom

Making Char sui pork, crispy chilli beef, mixed fried rice and Chinese veggies tonight.

Char sui marinating: 1.5kg pork shoulder (cut into large, chunky strips) sugar, 5 spice, cinnamon, star anise, chillies, onion, Szechuan pepper, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce and fermented red bean paste.

20210130_164842.jpg

20210130_165434.jpg

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Looks bloody banging that mate....?

Thanks...dead easy  you can use any fish I just had monkfish at hand but worked out really well...followed this video 

• Like 1