What's cooking?

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Posted Images

Exactly what I’m preparing now but with blackberries. Lovely one wants it for the weekend. Also making my second batch of the year faggots and meatloaf. They went down a treat in the local. Jok.

IMG_0169.jpeg

• Like 9

Trouble is, I can’t be stopped when I get going. Meant to add, got an oxtail being delivered with my faggot mix on Friday. Now not many round here have had this delicacy so looking forward, hopefully, to some favourable comments. I will keep you informed ladies and gents. Jok.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, jok said:

Trouble is, I can’t be stopped when I get going. Meant to add, got an oxtail being delivered with my faggot mix on Friday. Now not many round here have had this delicacy so looking forward, hopefully, to some favourable comments. I will keep you informed ladies and gents. Jok.

i have an oxtail about 3 times /year.....in a casserole i believe it is the finest tasting meat known to man...the casserole will contain carrots (baby)...leeks...and baby pots...some wine....

and towards the end covered by a thick norfolk dumpling

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Arry said:

Home made Cod Fishcakes, Chips, Sugarsnap Peas and Psb.

IMG_1776.jpeg.c14c98f0579fc590deed01f8df8bf3bb.jpeg

IMG_1779.jpeg.b42a463588254259fceef50454669f04.jpeg

Cheers Arry

bet those fish cakes tasted good...............im doing a fish meal with difference for tomorrow,,,,,

its an old style dish....alot of folkwill turn their nose up at it.......unlike your cakes:good:

simple food like that is always the best

• Like 1

If I could recommend one dish it would be a seafood linguine or spaghetti with supermarket mixed seafood, some cheap plonk , cream and butter Google a rough idea and it's as good as a decent restaurant. Some crusty buttered bread to mop up.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Borr said:

If I could recommend one dish it would be a seafood linguine or spaghetti with supermarket mixed seafood, some cheap plonk , cream and butter Google a rough idea and it's as good as a decent restaurant. Some crusty buttered bread to mop up.

Cheese and bean toastie takes some beating mind....Just saying like 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Borr said:

i have in the past used cider for muscles....cider single cream chives thin sliced onions and fresh garlic..

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, Borr said:

4 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i have in the past used cider for muscles....cider single cream chives thin sliced onions and fresh garlic..

Have used supermarket mixed shellfish/seafood in a few of my jambalayas.  

• Like 1