Best thermal Wellies for 150 Bar?

I've been reading up on wellies, it gets bloody cold slopping around in mud and sitting on the machine in-between I get cold feet. We have to wear toecaps so pretty limited. I even been watching YouTube vids for honest reviews off farmers. It seems all them neoprene type ones crack in similar places but the non neoprene type are bloody cold if you aren't constantly walking. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

those look like the HIV lesions....get yourself checked out greb

Dig deeper and get him a pair of Le chameau

I think Hunters are overpriced and over rated.  You are basically paying for the name. Quality appears to have suffered since production moved to China; https://www.dailymail.co.uk/fema

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, gnipper said:

I've been reading up on wellies, it gets bloody cold slopping around in mud and sitting on the machine in-between I get cold feet. We have to wear toecaps so pretty limited. I even been watching YouTube vids for honest reviews off farmers. It seems all them neoprene type ones crack in similar places but the non neoprene type are bloody cold if you aren't constantly walking. 

If you're after safety wellies then the Dunlop Purofort are OK. 

They were rubbing me on the heels but been walking a fair bit at work since Saturday night and they've been OK tbh. 

All of the boots nowadays either seem to be steel toe and insole which makes them like divers boots or they split somewhere.  They aint cheap at all. In the past I've had wellies that have been light, warm and have lasted several years and have only succumbed to brambles cutting through the top of the foot as a result of beating. Some boots are now only lasting a few months if your lucky.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Have a look at Outlast socks mate

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gnipper said:

The pair i got cracked in no time, dunno if uts our peaty soil did them but I was disappointed with them. They were comfy and warm but no good cracked and leaky.

My first  pair lasted me 14 months, wore them in concrete, digging services and out with the dogs daily , f****d them tying steel in the end? you not send them back for a new pair? 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

My first  pair lasted me 14 months, wore them in concrete, digging services and out with the dogs daily , f****d them tying steel in the end? you not send them back for a new pair? 

The place i got them from had ceased trading, work paid too and weren't arsed about pursuing it. 

I've seen something since about spraying with wd40 or silicon spray to keep them soft?

Just now, gnipper said:

The place i got them from had ceased trading, work paid too and weren't arsed about pursuing it. 

I've seen something since about spraying with wd40 or silicon spray to keep them soft?

I just give them a  quick blast with the pressure washer few times through out the day in work when dirty and keep them away from radiators and dry rooms, work supply us with buckboots once a yr... Never get more  than a few months from them. Those grubber have been spot on for me, on my second pair and will get another. 

The problem is China. They forced the price down on everything so quality suffered.   One of the son in laws used to fly out a lot to Hong Cong and cities in mainland China.  There were sort of mega stores out there that sold everything from buttons to boats and cars.  He used to buy wellies out there that you couldn't  tell the difference between the top priced boots down to the make label. He is a real negotiator, he is like a pig in Shiite when he's  negotiating. He used to buy boots out there for seven or eight quid and bring them back here.  And they were bloody good to.  We just get ripped off on everything. There is no way boots cost what we are asked for them . SIL changed his job and doesn't go out there any more unfortunately

On 16/12/2020 at 13:11, Greyman said:

Think we need to know what greb senior is doing in his footwear before we can start recommending things, some of the fishing wellies like skeetex are great for keeping you warm but shite if you want to walk any further than your car and unless your stood in water all day there are many more comfy boots than wellies and 150s can get you some nice footwear ???

Sir Ranulph Fiennes, the first man to completely cross Antarctica by foot and the world’s most prolific endurance record holder, swears by these Skee-Tex Thermal Boots and has worn them on many of his polar expeditions.

• 4 weeks later...