Hare for breakfast

Out this morning mooching about just as it was getting light. Managed two decent runs then back home for half 8. On the way back we found a dead hare so I took it home. I cooked the loin for breakfast and the dogs and ferrets had the rest. What a tasty start to the day. #Finditcookiteatit.

20201205_090525.jpg

20201205_085149.jpg

20201205_085106.jpg

20201205_074318.jpg

Edited by Andrewreynoldshunting
  • Like 17

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out this morning mooching about just as it was getting light. Managed two decent runs then back home for half 8. On the way back we found a dead hare so I took it home. I cooked the loin for breakfast

Hare at any time is pretty grim but for breakfast ?   The dirty b*****d

Ya can’t beat a bit of game pie and vegetables on the plate,the wife puts all the meat on low in a slow cooker,rabbit,hare,pheasant,partridge,duck,wood pigeon and venison.Cooked for 10-12hrs then in t

Posted Images

3 hours ago, TOMO said:

yeh... wouldn't be my choise for breaky ...

its great in a chili 

same here Tomo , never really liked hare to rich for me, rather eat rabbit any day of the week, but as been said nice to see nothing wasted .

1 hour ago, Suffolkpest said:

Maybe not breakfast, but hare flesh is my favourite meat. If people don't like it, then they haven't been cooking it right. Better than venison by several degrees.

There's no way on planet earth hare is better than venison especially cwd followed by roe ... You've not been cooking venison right ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Too right , hare tastes like shite. Cwd is best venison in my opinion. 

It is the best i course on some land sniding with em park in keepers yard and walk out his gate away we go asks us not to run em but accidents happen when dogs are coming back from a good race and a teddy bear jumps up lol inexperienced dogs seem to struggle just getting mouthful of hair. 

1 hour ago, Suffolkpest said:

Maybe not breakfast, but hare flesh is my favourite meat. If people don't like it, then they haven't been cooking it right. Better than venison by several degrees.

Don't know if I'd say it's several degrees better than venison. I suppose it would come down to what venison it was, and how well each was cooked.

But it's definitely several degrees better than rabbit.

But if it's your favourite meat, then it's your favourite meat. ............ ??

• Like 3