• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good luck to the young lad, if that’s what he wants to iron his money out on and it makes him happy. We all sound like a right load of old b*****ds, I find myself doing it with my kids and then I

Problem is the youngster now are starting on a unskilled wage at 18 not far off that of blokes in their 60's couple that with the fact they usually stay at home paying peanuts it means their disposabl

I’m they same. People i grew up with moaning they can’t afford a house and say I must earn good money to afford it. But they also forget I was driving round in a £300 banger what was bought and paid.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Considering I used to just grab a new beanie each winter, then throw the thing away.

But, I guess your Looney lad there can always just buy a three quid one and stick that stupid little label on that, next time he wants a fresh one.

He his a good lad to be honest don't know if its a generation thing with some of these young uns nowdays.

13 minutes ago, sid g said:

young lad helps  out  on the market stall comes dressed like hes going on a night out his winter puffa jacket cost him 350 quid  ,,,, just how the young uns are these days no different to someone spending good money on hunting gear 

I have spent good money on hunting gear and a few bob on a decent pair of brouge boots but would not spend that sort of money on a wooly hat.

Problem is the youngster now are starting on a unskilled wage at 18 not far off that of blokes in their 60's couple that with the fact they usually stay at home paying peanuts it means their disposable incomes are massive.  Young lads where I work have over £1500 a month in their pockets once they pay house keep buying a stone island coat for a grand is a drop in the ocean to them. 

When I left school on a YTS £25, £10 for house keep, £5 for travelling, £5 for clothes/deodorant used to put a £1 a week up for new tools and £4 for cider on a weekend, wouldnt change it for the world made me realise the value of money.        

• Like 8
5 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Problem is the youngster now are starting on a unskilled wage at 18 not far off that of blokes in their 60's couple that with the fact they usually stay at home paying peanuts it means their disposable incomes are massive.  Young lads where I work have over £1500 a month in their pockets once they pay house keep buying a stone island coat for a grand is a drop in the ocean to them. 

When I left school on a YTS £25, £10 for house keep, £5 for travelling, £5 for clothes/deodorant used to put a £1 a week up for new tools and £4 for cider on a weekend, wouldnt change it for the world made me realise the value of money.        

This lad is the same still living at home and on 30 grand a year then theirs another young lad on min wage who i helped out with a loan to clear rent arears so he could move into a new gaff with his girl friend saying yesterday he was spending £300 nearly on a Northface jacket.

35 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

At 19 i was on a decent wage at the pit but 25pct  of my wages were given to my mother for my board i used to buy Barbour soloway wax proof coats and hunter wellingtons for hunting in though when i got married and got a mortgage and started a family and money was tight it was cheap wax proof coats off the market and pit wellys for hunting in.?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1