to have the corvid jab or not

22 minutes ago, Balaur said:

To correct my earlier post the south west one was supposed to be at West point with 700 beds, it's been moved and reduced to 116 beds, probably realised there'd be no chance of staffing it at full compacity , think they're a thousand or two short on staff in Devon because of covid anyways...

There is a big one in Sowton mate, I dont think they ever used West Point but the one in Sowton is fully operational.

• Like 1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You said "end of thread "and then carried on 

Just to show it’s not all doom and gloom my daughter has been nominated and won a local hero award for her work through the pandemic, we may not believe all the shit being pumped at us on the news but

Crack on then you Guinean pig but just respect people’s wishes not to, it’s not rocket science and like a typical little lefty you have to throw in the little snide ONLY SENSIBLE PEOPLE LIKE ME, quip

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Balaur said:

To correct my earlier post the south west one was supposed to be at West point with 700 beds, it's been moved and reduced to 116 beds, probably realised there'd be no chance of staffing it at full compacity , think they're a thousand or two short on staff in Devon because of covid anyways...

Loads off in the RD&E mate, I think a third off out of 8000 member of staff through covid

Said loads my best mates wife is a nurse, worked the covid ward, she's been a nurse since school and we've been friends that long....she was really scared at how quickly people were getting seriously ill, all ages, they did not all die (obviously) but ill take her word for it when she told me you do not want to catch it, it shook her up, and she has seen alot in over 25 years of nursing..

• Like 1
Just now, Balaur said:

Yep still only 116 beds mate.

Looking at news and ambulances being used to hold patients as London hospitals at full capacity, think the nightingales are going to go online again very soon...

The London one was in the excel I think?

Massive area, have they increased the main hospital facilities up there?

Just now, Balaur said:

I have know clue other than snippets of news bit looks like they're struggling 

I've purposely not watched the news since I wrapped work on Wednesday afternoon..... this is the most chilled I've been for a long time...long walk with the dogs this morning, decent fry up, read a bit then watched 3 films on the bounce....I could get used to this...lol

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Has anyone asked anybody in government why the nightingale hospitals haven't been used? 

I recon they were built because no one not even the government knew how severe this virus would be..and maybe the various lockdowns and rules etc.have helped to reduce covid cases..

Even if they haven't been used.it is a good thing that they were built just in case surely..

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Balaur said:

Do you feel this is a reliable news source ted?

Yes 

I am particularly picky when shifting thru info.

I am following, who I  a firmly believe posts very legit info , is a doctor from Ireland 

Edited by Ted Newgent
11 hours ago, Balaur said:

I have know clue other than snippets of news bit looks like they're struggling 

A photo can be very misleading mate, that is a pretty normal looking day outside any A and E department, at the start of a this alleged pandemic they were showing wards of beds with ventilators etc now no photos from the wards and just standard library pictures being used by the news, this is the spire private hospital in Bristol payed since last March to stay empty for the wave of virus victims that have not materialised ,the coved testing station opposite my house has been taken down as it was getting very little use, as I have said from the start what is happening on the news and what is happening in real life are two very different things, ???

9DED5637-A01A-493A-8D37-96B4ABE5E7DF.jpeg