to have the corvid jab or not

3 hours ago, socks said:

Was that just a newsreader saying that or did they have somebody qualified on. 

Just watched it again. Professor Susan Hopkins..

She said a small amount of people who had recovered from Covid had later became re-infected, but the symptoms were not as severe as first time.

She also said having recovered from Covid gives just over 80% chance of immunity for around five months, then decreasing over time.

I don't know how accurate her assessments are, there are sure to be other experts who disagree with her.

Once again, this is why I'm on the fence until some definite data is available.

Cheers.

• Like 2

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You said "end of thread "and then carried on 

Just to show it’s not all doom and gloom my daughter has been nominated and won a local hero award for her work through the pandemic, we may not believe all the shit being pumped at us on the news but

Crack on then you Guinean pig but just respect people’s wishes not to, it’s not rocket science and like a typical little lefty you have to throw in the little snide ONLY SENSIBLE PEOPLE LIKE ME, quip

Posted Images

2 hours ago, socks said:

I will Just send one of my lads to those sites if that’s the case. 
look I’m not an anti vaxer but this disease kills just 2% of the people it effects and those people are predominantly in their eighties. 
I am fit and healthy. I never get a cold or flue I’ve never worn a mask or washed my hands to an inch of their life and I still haven’t caught it (or as I believe I had it back in early March which has given me immunity). 
this vaccine has had no long term testing and one of the provisions put in place before it was released was that the company’s producing it could not get sued down the line for anything it may cause in the future. 

Some Lads I work with are off shielding for the 3rd time since March wtf? Come back to work, moved from site to site, I've been on 6 different sites since November... And had 4 different lads labouring and having a lift in with me.... My company don't give 2 fucks for the workers... And I don't give 2 fucks for Covid or this jab.... I won't be forced to have it, will take early retirement and make what coin I got stashed work for me... If it envolves breaking the law... Then so be it, I will go until I get caught... f**k them?I won't be sitting at home next time they lock us all down, earning statuary sick pay... Or on f***ing furlough... 

• Like 2

Yeah, it's been going around in circles for a while.

There are those implacably against the vaccine,

and those implacably for it,

then there are those like me who are on the fence, waiting for more information before deciding.

No one is going to make you have it, or stop you from having it.

Quoting unreliable or fake news or even wild conspiracy theories, by both sides, isn't going to convince me, either way.

I'll make that decision myself, based on the information available to me when my time comes.

Cheers.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Charts your not waiting on more info before deciding 

Your waiting to see if they will let you on a plane without it .

There you go again, telling me my own mind ! ? !

If I decide that NOT having the vaccine is more important than me flying, then I'll bring my family here !

Stop trying to find arguments where there are none.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

You have already said so much yourself .

No one can say what this vax might do health wise in the short term so sitting on the fence to see what it might do is a long term thing .

Max, you would think medical scientists have more idea than the average citizen wouldn't you. 

Just now, maxhardcore said:

You have already said so much yourself .

No one can say what this vax might do health wise in the short term so sitting on the fence to see what it might do is a long term thing .

I said "if the airline or country say I must have the vax, then I'll probably have it "

If there is information down the line saying there is a possibility of serious side effects for my demographic, then I won't have it !

Do you understand what '" on the fence " means ? I don't know yet wether I'll have the vax or not.

Ive been 100-% honest and consistent with my view, I don't understand why you can't accept that.

I resent you inferring I'm a liar and assuming you know my mind better than I do.

Cheers.

• Like 1
Just now, maxhardcore said:

How long do you think you will have to sit on that fence before there is enough info there to work out what it might do to folks health down the line ?

I haven't a clue !

Im not even an expert in my own profession, let alone epidemiology.

Ill assimilate as much information as I can until I have to make a decision on wether to have the jab or not.

Cheers.

5 hours ago, socks said:

I can guarantee I won’t be doing any U turn unless some ground breaking new evidence co was out about. Which I doubt will happen. 

Can I ask you about the first gulf war vacs? You're old enough and fugly enough to have been there. I've read a lot on this. Testimonials, scientific results and more importantly accounts of the chaps and chapesses that were given them. The level of suicide is ridiculous. 

Edited to add; I'm not an antivax or looking to blame. Just very curious ;)

Edited by mushroom
1 minute ago, maxhardcore said:

Your not daft ‘you know it’s a risk but your willing to take that risk to see your grand kid and that’s understandable .

Especialy for someone your age .

Don’t make it right but understandable all the same

Folk should be able to take the same risk re Covid ?

Did ou not read what I said ?

If the risks significantly outweigh the benefits, then I won't have the vax, it's simple.

Cheers.

14 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

They can’t only make a guesstimate 

I can take that guesswork out of it by letting my immune system do it’s job ?

They are cleaver fcuking people mate, this will be no stab in the dark. 

20 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Can I ask you about the first gulf war vacs? You're old enough and fugly enough to have been there. I've read a lot on this. Testimonials, scientific results and more importantly accounts of the chaps and chapesses that were given them. The level of suicide is ridiculous. 

Edited to add; I'm not an antivax or looking to blame. Just very curious ;)

I wasn’t there mate .......

• Haha 1