Modern sayings

when i was 18...we moved 10 or  so miles to a new village just outside mansfield ....my new mates used the word " bride" meaning girlfriend....

so instead of saying is that your new girlfriend......they would say is that your new bride....

i had only ever herd the term meaning married ...f***ing weird 

they called ferrets monkeys.....and mice moggys......where i had moved from cats were moggys not mice...

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hate the way a lot of youngsters talk in a sort of Jamaican patois , kids who’s parents I know are white and live in Gloucester with a West Country accent , but the kids are trying to sound like the

you know shat really annoys me these days....coffee... now I like the odd cup....but everybody has to have a takeaway cup in there hand at all times...drives me nuts .. last Christmas..nativ

Anyone who users these new saying like " I got this" need lining up and shooting    Happy Sunday 

Posted Images

oh and my ferreting parntner is from rotherham in south yorkshire....by christ you need an interpretor....lol

rabbit holes.....hole is pronounced oil ...lol......

"ear it went dan this oil"....lol

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Accip74 said:

I knock about with one of my American neighbours so I’ve got quite used to the English language being mangled

I chat to my pal in Canada quiet a bit and have to give him regular bollockings about letting words like “Trash” & “Gas station” creep into an otherwise civil conversation !

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

I chat to my pal in Canada quiet a bit and have to give him regular bollockings about letting words like “Trash” & “Gas station” creep into an otherwise civil conversation !

Yeah I was working for a guy before I left the U.K. that had spent much of life in Canada......so I had to work out how much ‘lumber’ we would need

No! ?

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, TOMO said:

oh and my ferreting parntner is from rotherham in south yorkshire....by christ you need an interpretor....lol

My in-laws are from dinnington and misses was born in Rotherham and if we visit I'm sat looking at the misses waiting for her to give me the English version

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

My in-laws are from dinnington and misses was born in Rotherham and if we visit I'm sat looking at the misses waiting for her to give me the English version

Not far from me that bought a staff in dinnington the white city estate been knocked down now

3 hours ago, TOMO said:

Coil oil lol if he was from Sheff it would be da wat .

• Like 2

Ive noticed that " duck " and " duckie " thing going on around the Notts/Derbyshire areas.....strange one that....call a bloke a " duckie " round these parts and you'd cop for a dry slap you might as well be calling them a poofter !

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Ive noticed that " duck " and " duckie " thing going on around the Notts/Derbyshire areas.....strange one that....call a bloke a " duckie " round these parts and you'd cop for a dry slap you might as well be calling them a poofter !

Father came from Derby, when we visited his family as a kid I couldnt get my head round it.

Cheers, D.

On 19/11/2020 at 08:23, TOMO said:

when i was 18...we moved 10 or  so miles to a new village just outside mansfield ....my new mates used the word " bride" meaning girlfriend....

so instead of saying is that your new girlfriend......they would say is that your new bride....

i had only ever herd the term meaning married ...f***ing weird 

they called ferrets monkeys.....and mice moggys......where i had moved from cats were moggys not mice...

I had a neighbour for a few years who came from Durham.Thought he was a bit mental when he kept looking over the fence and going on about monkeys.Took me a few weeks before Irealised he was going on about my ferrets.

• Like 1