New lamping video

7 minutes ago, Andrewreynoldshunting said:

Lol I thought I owned a lamper? Or I own a dog I hunt rabbits with on the lamp and daytime and ferreting. Does it really take a great dog to be a lamper? 

It takes a great lamping lurcher to be a great lamper,the owner helps.Im not having a knock at you fella,im having a knock at modern expectations.Take a walk with a lamper and his lamping lurcher,there are still many about,if they posted a video you would be smitten.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The last 3 comments are why nobody posts anything decent on forums or sites anymore. What’s the point just so it can get picked apart by all the experts

Morton. You’re a massive insufferable bellend. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a hunting post from you.....

the way I see it a rabbit is a rabbit no matter where it lives you still have to catch it. around me numbers have been bad for years. (tomo knows the area). years ago I had bigger dogs and travelled a

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, morton said:

again bollocks.There is nothing in life I admire as much as a lurcher in full flight,there is nothing I like a little less than a lurcher that is portrayed to be a little more than its capability.I like lurchers,more than often not my own,i like their diversity and evolution,what I fail to like is modern lurcher ownership and shallow expectations.If folk post ill take up the challenge to respond,if that response irks sensitive souls like yourself then I'm here to irk.Id rather congratulate than criticise,its hard to congratulate today with the low standards expected of many a lurcher today and that's a fact.

I expect a lot of my dogs but I’m not arrogant enough to think everyone else has to as well. They feed them & walk them, it’s up to them what standard they expect. If you keep your own stuff between yourself and a few mates, which every keen lad I know does, then other people’s standards won’t affect you, so don’t let it worry you just enjoy your dogs & let other people enjoy theirs.

Well I thought was nice video. I did think the dog ran a bit reserved compare to that tit of mine that will strike full force at any chance regardless of the consequences. I reckon mr A is more than used to a big of flack  

Just to add my dog is an arse and what he gains in hunting skills he loses out in most other areas lol. Bet the dog in vid has much better personality haha

Edited by terryd
  • Like 1
Just now, Shadow100 said:

I expect a lot of my dogs but I’m not arrogant enough to think everyone else has to as well. They feed them & walk them, it’s up to them what standard they expect. If you keep your own stuff between yourself and a few mates, which every keen lad I know does, then other people’s standards won’t affect you, so don’t let it worry you just enjoy your dogs & let other people enjoy theirs.

The best lurchers are owned by the most arrogant and unlikeable souls,they have the best breed standards,fact.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Andrewreynoldshunting said:

In my opinion I wouldnt see anything different from the many guys I have been lamping with. I'm not here to fall out with people. The dog didnt look great but that can only be expected when you have ran a handful of rabbits since January and Just healed after a barb wire injury 5 weeks ago.  

IMG-20200921-WA0000.jpg

I'm pleased it healed from that,possibly as pleased a yourself,fact,its your dog and what it catches is a reward only you can fully appreciate,what I want you to accept is what you find acceptable is not acceptable to others,happy hunting mush because that's all that matters.

• Like 2

Andrew do your thing mate keep doing what makes you happy not the internet experts on here that think they know everything about dogs it’s kind of ironic you got a gimp with a gun that thinks he’s John Wayne that don’t own a running dog that screams failed dog man all over it giving expert advice an a man that’s sits in a arm chair that don’t run a dog giving expert advice......

Least your out getting some runs in mate your wouldn’t get them runs sat at home on the couch 

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, Andrewreynoldshunting said:

In my opinion I wouldnt see anything different from the many guys I have been lamping with. I'm not here to fall out with people. The dog didnt look great but that can only be expected when you have ran a handful of rabbits since January and Just healed after a barb wire injury 5 weeks ago.  

IMG-20200921-WA0000.jpg

Jesus that’s some injury mate,some people forget these dogs are athletes and injuries take time to heel same as a human.Even though they look heeled after a week they are still sore to the touch but you get a lot off (good dog men) think they are ready to go again but can’t understand why the dog jacks same with the terriers.Hope you have a good season mate f**k what anybody else thinks ??

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Andrewreynoldshunting said:

IMG-20200921-WA0000.jpg

Ouch least he’s now sorted fella an your getting out again 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, poxon said:

Andrew do your thing mate keep doing what makes you happy not the internet experts on here that think they know everything about dogs it’s kind of ironic you got a gimp with a gun that thinks he’s John Wayne that don’t own a running dog that screams failed dog man all over it giving expert advice an a man that’s sits in a arm chair that don’t run a dog giving expert advice......

Least your out getting some runs in mate your wouldn’t get them runs sat at home on the couch 

Does he actually not run a dog? I feel daft replying now I wouldn’t even have bothered if I knew that

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Andrewreynoldshunting said:

He should be banned from replying to lurcher topics if thats the case. 

How many years experience do you own in running lurchers?,breeding,training,educating,entering?.If a fella as 5 decades of lurcher ownership and is now lurcherless does that now make him,or her,devoid of input on here now?

• Like 1