5 minutes ago, WILF said:

That’s  a fair shout in the context you are talking about mate ?

However what I don’t think anyone can infer is that his ability is enhanced by drugs, they just don’t make a drug that can give that type of talent......that’s just a lifetime with a gift and a ball at your feet that is.

I agree with that the HGH made zero difference to his ball skills, but it did give him enough height to be able to play pro.

• Like 1

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No I wouldn’t be able to hold a sports conversation apart from boxing, fishing or hunting  but the rest of it is mental, dogs chase balls not people and you are worshipping people who are massively ov

His dad nicked me when i was young we got chatting about footie he said  " yeah my boy plays for Millwall "...... " well he wont be going nowhere in the game then " i says ☺️

To top it off he wasn't sleeping wearing oxygen masks and getting iced baths, after a match he was snorting an ounce of coke off women's piss flaps. ?

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

I agree with that the HGH made zero difference to his ball skills, but it did give him enough height to be able to play pro.

I think he would have been even better smaller, imagining him running through the legs of defenders after a nutmeg. 

54 minutes ago, WILF said:

That’s  a fair shout in the context you are talking about mate ?

However what I don’t think anyone can infer is that his ability is enhanced by drugs, they just don’t make a drug that can give that type of talent......that’s just a lifetime with a gift and a ball at your feet that is.

Glad he took them then . Its been a pleasure watching him over the years.  Would be a crying shame if the world didnt get to watch messi 

• Like 1
On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 10:05, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’ve always been cursed with watching Messi as whenever I’ve watched him , he’s never had one of his career defining games . 

without a doubt a true great and a huge name in the game . Think him and Ronaldo are the two sides of the same coin , one all natural with phenomenal ability  the other hard work and dedication from A lesseR ability . 
 You can never mention one without the other . 

was he fortunate to be part of a team that included the likes of xavi and iniesta who were on his wavelength ?  Undoubtedly. And that should be accounted for in his legacy . 

As for the goat ? , for me I think it’s very hard to back that statement as players like the original ronaldo , Ronaldinho, Miroslav klose , all offer different things . 

did he truly truly ever shine in the international stage ? 

And as much as I hate this phrase we will never truly know “what he is like on a wet Wednesday night in Bolton ? “ 

great player , though , truly Iconic 

Iniesta made messi look average,the greatest player,Diego maradona.

• Haha 1

Sorry for dragging stuff up ive missed but its a better way to kill a bit of time than reading the paper !

I always said the best player i ever saw live by a mile was Ronaldo....having watched footie all my life down Upton Park from every part of that ground i remember Man Utd coming down and my pal suggested going in the old chicken run where we hadnt been for years.....Wilf will know what im on about it was the closest you would get to the pitch in any modern football ground and from that view of the game i was in shock and amazement at simply how fast Ronaldo could move with a ball at his feet....in complete control....his physical strength and athletic power were so impressive to watch it was like watching a man play against boys.

Im no expert or tactician but for me players like Messi and George Best as skillful as they were they could go missing in games and unlike Ronaldo didnt have the physical presence to force their way into a game on an off day i dont think i ever saw Ronaldo have a bad game at West Ham.........but i suppose like everyone its what you like.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Sorry for dragging stuff up ive missed but its a better way to kill a bit of time than reading the paper !

I always said the best player i ever saw live by a mile was Ronaldo....having watched footie all my life down Upton Park from every part of that ground i remember Man Utd coming down and my pal suggested going in the old chicken run where we hadnt been for years.....Wilf will know what im on about it was the closest you would get to the pitch in any modern football ground and from that view of the game i was in shock and amazement at simply how fast Ronaldo could move with a ball at his feet....in complete control....his physical strength and athletic power were so impressive to watch it was like watching a man play against boys.

Im no expert or tactician but for me players like Messi and George Best as skillful as they were they could go missing in games and unlike Ronaldo didnt have the physical presence to force their way into a game on an off day i dont think i ever saw Ronaldo have a bad game at West Ham.........but i suppose like everyone its what you like.

Was you at the game against Arsenal when Henry got a round of applause mate ?......I think they beat us 3-1 or 3-0 or something and he scored a hatrick.....he was completely unplayable that day.

5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Much the same mate, For me Ronaldo is the better alround player than Messi (and possibly the best ever??) he could play anywhere on the pitch and be the best player, great in the air, quick, strong, skillful there is nothing he cant do on a football pitch.... messi is silk with a ball at his feet and his alround awareness on the pitch is amazing, sheer footballing talent at another level...

Original Ronaldo.. f**k me his record is unbelievable considering he had no knees from.about 22! Lol

Personal fave though is Scholes, he just saw things no.one else did, but not only that could deliver the killer pass as well, on his day he controlled the whole game, changed the tempo.... I still.think England f****d up.by not utilising the best midfielder we had at that time, sticking him left midfield was criminal!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seems Messi has decided to stay at barca . Ronaldo always gets the bad press out of the two but Messi isnt a sweet goody two shoes . He has held Barca to ransom loads over contracts for his own financial gain and has kicked up a fuss multpile times and the club has come crawling to him each time offering more money and getting rid of managers and club officials he doesnt like . Great player but he can be a wingy little brat sometimes 

29136241_1597916890330027_87039683488257

5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I rarely use the phrase world class as a player for me has to be totally and utterly capable of being at ease against any opposition or occasion to merit it . 

i think we’ve had a dearth of English born talent who are capable of doing this .the last probable world class star we had were probably Ashley Cole and a young wayne Rooney. 

rooney was sensational when he broke through , look at how he played for England and to think how he slid away is galling to think about . 

Now to think that the maintainence  of that standard has been done by a handful of players around the world in the last few years  

messi , Ronaldo, aguerro , zlatan maybe ? Klose, Suarez . 

I don’t rate mbappe or neymar at all , purely as I don’t see them being as consistent 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

The Messi. Ronaldo argument will go on but I agree scholes is possibly the best midfielder we have had in years the midfield we had was one of the best in the world lampard scholes gerrard Beckham but we didn't use them 

Best English midfielder definitely, unable to lace xavi and iniestas boots. 

I’ve said before we would have been better dropping gerrard and building the team around scholes with someone like Barry sitting deep. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1