10 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I honestly don't know, mate !

Theres a wall of silence from the EPL, but surely they'll have to issue a statement with all the pressure they are under, but they could just go down the "confidentiality" route and say a lot, but tell us nothing !

My own take on it, and I stress, it's just my opinion, is that the EPL found themselves between a rock and a hard place......refuse the takeover and piss of the Saudis and possibly cause a diplomatic incident; OK the takeover and piss off the Qataris and some of the "elite" teams that didn't want another big player in the league.

So, they just sat on their hands and hoped that one of the parties involved would pull out, which is what has happened, but they never expected the shit storm that followed !

What happens next is anyone's guess? The EPL could say they will ok the deal, but knowing the Saudis, they could just say "f**k you, we can spend our money elsewhere " ! Or the deal could be resurrected and Newcastle suddenly becomes one of, if not THE, richest clubs in the world.

Or the EPL could say the Saudis aren't fit and proper to be owners and show some guts !

Or they could simply keep prevaricating and hope to ride out the storm !

Who knows ? I'd like to see the deal go through, but if it doesn't, it won't affect my life !

Cheers.

This bollocks will change things. A precedence will be set. The anonymous will no longer be untouchable.  Heads will roll and people will be sacked. Will be too late for NUFC, probably ....

• Like 2

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a topic that involves ,football ,and NUFC  , Max could make Greb seem like a reasonable chap who doesn't like a never ending argument .

He'd have a saluki and a white bed sheet bought the day they took over. 

Given that no one agrees with you I’d suggest it ain’t. Its Max-sense and Max-morals.... Part of the greater world view that is Maxology

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

This bollocks will change things. A precedence will be set. The anonymous will no longer be untouchable.  Heads will roll and people will be sacked. Will be too late for NUFC, probably ....

I'm not sure about that Ashley his keen to get a deal done one way or another 

7 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I'm not sure about that Ashley his keen to get a deal done one way or another 

I don't really have a problem with Mike Ashley. He is a very clever man but made a mistake buying NUFC. I honestly believe that he bought the club with good intention of taking it back to the "glory days" of the Kegan era. But his plan never quite worked. He's still here though. Shit ?

• Like 2

In this weeks edition of “Max’s Sporting Nonsense”

Sunderland: Biggest Club on the planet ?

How Freddy Flintoff manages to hit a ball to the Moon !

Eddie the Eagle: The secret MMA powerhouse ?

& How to sow your Sunderland & Arsenal shirt together in 5 easy steps

Tune in, 9am Monday or go to Sky 974 for repeats ! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
44 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Where's the contradiction ?

Iv said he's the best heavyweight Britain has ever produced and the best in the world at this moment in time ?

Lennox. ..is the best we have produced. ..hands down....should I use the F word....I never have but it seems like the right time....F_ _ T.......lol

• Haha 4

In another note did anyone see Ronnie OSullivans interview ?

Amazing, I Love watching people at the top of their game talk as bluntly as that.

Snooker and Darts have died a death, and you can only wonder why?

Maybe, as Ronnie says is it’s because the players have just become too ordinary ? Too boring? 

34 minutes ago, WILF said:

In another note did anyone see Ronnie OSullivans interview ?

Amazing, I Love watching people at the top of their game talk as bluntly as that.

Snooker and Darts have died a death, and you can only wonder why?

Maybe, as Ronnie says is it’s because the players have just become too ordinary ? Too boring? 

Was that the interview where he said he'd have to lose an arm and a leg to fall out the top 50 as those below that are terrible ?

I'll be watching him at 2:30 today, he's 6-2 down, first to 13, but you can never write him off. 

I'd have to disagree about the darts, I was part of it during its hey day, but I think it's much more entertaining now and the standard of play much higher. But that's just my opinion, as I'm a fan.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Was that the interview where he said he'd have to lose an arm and a leg to fall out the top 50 as those below that are terrible ?

I'll be watching him at 2:30 today, he's 6-2 down, first to 13, but you can never write him off. 

I'd have to disagree about the darts, I was part of it during its hey day, but I think it's much more entertaining now and the standard of play much higher. But that's just my opinion, as I'm a fan.

Cheers.

I once had to go and meet that Bob Potter who owned the lakeside venue, walking round on the day you could see it was a great venue, especially for the working class following of darts....it was perfect.

As I understand it mate, they moved the darts from that venue and the uptake on tickets wasn’t as good ?.......I may be way off the mark there so apologies if I’m wrong ?

Last I heard they couldn’t cover the prize money because interest had been so low, I think that was for the O2.......I have to say, whoever thought the O2 was a good venue for darts needs their bumps felt, you couldn’t get a worse venue imho.

Dont know if they still do it at the circus tavern, but that was a much smaller event in a much smaller venue.

I was a massive fan of snooker back in the day, but there’s just no characters left....it’s sterile and boring and to be fair I totally agree with Ronnie.

Its lack of investment and lack of promotion from the governing bodies that normally drag a sport down into the doldrums, less people play and so the standard drops.

The demise of the town snooker hall won’t have helped either 

• Like 1
Just now, maxhardcore said:

Rashmin or who ever the fook it was did Lennox 

Fury still unbeaten ??

sunderland a dying 3rd division club.but you think they are the best in britain 

fury has fought nobody really but wilder dropped him a few times.and yet you think hes the best boxer since ali and you said he would of beaten ali..

now if that aint the talk of a deluded man then i dont know what is max...wake up ffs.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, maxhardcore said:

When did I say they are the best in Britain ????

Apparently lying is another inbred trait ?

the way you bang on about them its a wonder you aint said they would beat any other team in the world..