bison returning to the UK

When 90% of England was trees and pasture and they could walk across to mainland Europe I could see it working but today they will be no more than a fancy cow in a large enclosure, we don’t have miles of roaming plains or acres of unkept woodland for them to be proper free roaming wild buffalo ? you can’t turn the clock back without removing a lot of mans influences and we won’t be doing that in a hurry ?

• Like 8

I'm generally in favour of at least considering 'holistic' approaches to land management and agriculture but this seems a bit meh. They sound about as 'wild' as a donkey and they're being released into one of the most agriculturally developed countries in the world.

I hope they have a positive ecological impact and aren't just some greenies wet dream.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, riohog said:

more silly shite  ,the fkn country on its kn ees   .. bring in some bison thatll cure all,

It's got to be better than taking a knee.lighting a candle.and holding hands surely.

• Like 2
Just now, C.green said:

Is there not a couple herds of riendeer in uk ? I think we alot luckier than most know game wise and what we can support.

Couple of herds in the Cairngorms, semi wild, but owned and farmed.

Cheers.

• Like 1

We had some next to our place a few years ago but they didn’t do well and got some sort of lung disease so had to be shipped off down south, Yorkshire air  didn’t agree with them but they were nice to see.

Its just down the road from me where I do a lot of riding on my mtb and sometimes walk with the dogs where they are going to release them.They've had highland cattle loose in the woods for a few years now and at one point had some rare type of wild goats.They're was also some type of rare wild horses roaming there at on point but I heard they had problems with the males attacking people out riding.f**k knows how it will work as the woods ar rammed with people walking and riding etc every day of the week.