Fighting dogs of great Britain an ireland

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greg ,a boring old man story to illustrate my point .....many years ago I was having a natter with an old boy in the pub ,Henry Cooper s name came up ,and the fella mentioned he had sparred with him ,

Gotta laugh at people arguing about stuff because of what they've read somewhere when chances are theyve probably never even laod hands on a proper bulldog.

I was never really a fan of Staffords but they was a lovely little dog to shape up compared to bulldogs.....they always had that scatty over enthusiastic way about them whereas the bulldogs could be s

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

He looks like he should.Its amazing to me how little Colby dogs have changed in 130 years.

He's not full bull that we dog he's straight half lurcher to lurcher Rick, I take it the colby bulldogs were good workers Rick? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, king said:

there some size and bone on him mate.be a handy dog in the future..

There looking good king, very keen pups, The mate sent me these there now, that's there dam on the left, litters mates on the right mate

received_305776320448290.jpeg

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Francie said:

There looking good king, very keen pups, The mate sent me these there now, that's there dam on the left, litters mates on the right mate

received_305776320448290.jpeg

the dam looks strong as an ox mate.that light coloured pup at the back is very nice..

• Like 1
6 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I was never really a fan of Staffords but they was a lovely little dog to shape up compared to bulldogs.....they always had that scatty over enthusiastic way about them whereas the bulldogs could be stubborn,moody sometimes just plain lazy but them Staffords would take just as much exercise as you could give them,lovely to rub down even when you hit a sore spot they would never even raise a lip it took me years to realise the personality of a dog could often dictate the condition you could put on them....a fit one of decent conformation often looked a physically more impressive dog than a bulldog as they had that tight bunchy musculature compared to the longer rangier frame of a bulldog,obviously they was all different shapes and sizes but in general the Stafford looked like the bodybuilder and the bulldog looked like the fighter.

spot on gnash, ive had both , and deff difference in temp .Our staffs in the 60s  were more like some pits of today  in size 16-19n 40 55lb , these were dogs  in w ton  west mids   lot of type  of staffs back then  , but there temps were deff to apbt=bulldogs .  they could be bit sullen= moody, where staffs were always  happy type temp, but if i had to pick one i have the bulldog , even small ones  40lb  got that lean look,and   were a powerhouse . 

5 minutes ago, bird said:

spot on gnash, ive had both , and deff difference in temp .Our staffs in the 60s  were more like some pits of today  in size 16-19n 40 55lb , these were dogs  in w ton  west mids   lot of type  of staffs back then  , but there temps were deff to apbt=bulldogs .  they could be bit sullen= moody, where staffs were always  happy type temp, but if i had to pick one i have the bulldog , even small ones  40lb  got that lean look,and   were a powerhouse . 

Was yours show dogs ray or workers?

1 hour ago, king said:

the dam looks strong as an ox mate.that light coloured pup at the back is very nice..

Ta king, aye she's a good bitch king, done all of what's asked of her an more. 

• Like 1