Fighting dogs of great Britain an ireland

Maybe someone can help me.

I posted this in the terrier section, but no harm trying on that thread, I no one minds. 

I'm looking for a pitbull pup to replace my bitch I lost at the beginning of the year. 

I'm finding it difficult to source one. 

So if any one is planning a litter soon, and would have one to spare  and wouldn't mind letting me know, id greatly appreciate it.

Just looking for a nicely bred pup, for knocking about with while on walks up the hills and on the shore. Not after peds or named. Just one fit for function, athletic type.

It would be going to an experienced home of working dogs. 

Atb j 

• Like 1

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greg ,a boring old man story to illustrate my point .....many years ago I was having a natter with an old boy in the pub ,Henry Cooper s name came up ,and the fella mentioned he had sparred with him ,

Gotta laugh at people arguing about stuff because of what they've read somewhere when chances are theyve probably never even laod hands on a proper bulldog.

I was never really a fan of Staffords but they was a lovely little dog to shape up compared to bulldogs.....they always had that scatty over enthusiastic way about them whereas the bulldogs could be s

Posted Images

Just now, jetro said:

I posted this in the terrier section, but no harm trying on that thread, I no one minds. 

I'm looking for a pitbull pup to replace my bitch I lost at the beginning of the year. 

So if any one is planning a litter soon, and would have one to spare  and wouldn't mind letting me know, id greatly appreciate it.

Just looking for a nicely bred pup, for knocking about with while on walks up the hills and on the shore. Not after peds or named. Just one fit for function, athletic type.

Atb j 

You're over the pond? You should be able to source one in Ireland no? 

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

You're over the pond? You should be able to source one in Ireland no? 

I looked around a small bit, but they seem thin on the ground, plenty of these xl  bully type dogs. Not the type I'm after what so ever. Also  from 2500 up,not worth it imo

Atb j 

2 minutes ago, jetro said:

I looked around a small bit, but they seem thin on the ground, plenty of these xl  bully type dogs. Not the type I'm after what so ever. Also  from 2500 up,not worth it imo

Atb j 

What about a Bull/Greyhound, you'll probably have more fun with one? 

Just now, Greb147 said:

What about a Bull/Greyhound, you'll probably have more fun with one? 

It would be wasted on me, since I don't work dogs anymore. This one would be more for company and knocking about with than anything else. Also always like the bulls.

Atb j 

1 minute ago, jetro said:

It would be wasted on me, since I don't work dogs anymore. This one would be more for company and knocking about with than anything else. Also always like the bulls.

Atb j 

Good luck in your search then pal, you're better off asking the Irish lads off here. 

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Good luck in your search then pal, you're better off asking the Irish lads off here. 

Thanks Greb 147

Hopefully some thing will turn up

Atb j 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, jetro said:

Atb j 

That should have read  I hope no one minds, me asking on this thread.

Atb j 

On 15/06/2020 at 17:20, Greb147 said:

Well obviously you haven't been looking hard enough. 

Are you trying to say the lads in the States are lying about the line still throwing game dogs? 

From what I've read the Colby's are very careful with who they deal with, in the area where they live there has been lots of raids taking place. 

By all accounts they have no mouth and no wind, game or not you won't get very far with no ability. 

The lads have admitted in their pure form they probably couldn't compete in the fast lane. 

Why would i be looking im not in the game i can only go by what people who are and have been in the game recently have told me.

So the Colbys say they are game,and the people who like Colby dogs say they are game.....oh well thats it then point proved.

6 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Why would i be looking im not in the game i can only go by what people who are and have been in the game recently have told me.

So the Colbys say they are game,and the people who like Colby dogs say they are game.....oh well thats it then point proved.

Well there you have it, at least you have about as much knowledge on Colby dogs as me then. 

I can only go by what I have heard, that they still throw game dogs that are not used in their pure form because they lack other qualities. That people have also used them as an outcross not too long ago, dog men like Fat Bill. 

So you and your pals say they aren't game, must be true then. 

Edited by Greb147
On 15/06/2020 at 23:39, Rickshaw swami said:

I'm not looking for an argument but speaking as a man in Dixie Mr Yokel you are correct same as Mr Gnasher in my opinion.But they are useful hogdogs none the less.

? 

The last Colby crosses I heard of doing decent were colby bitches bred to a son off jeep.They are long gone and I didn't see them.

SIXBITS was bred to some Colby bitches but was mediocre at best.

In my opinion the best from this country wasn't made available to other Americans or  British. As with most dogmen some of  the best was never heard of as they didn't want to be heard of.That doesn't change their win record into fastlane.

One of the most competitive kennels here in 80-90s.Their bloodline was started from a bitch they bought from a drunken rodeo clown. 3 of the most winning kennels of 90s barely kept peds except in their head.

And before anyone thinks that jeep was a Colby cross research Bo's ped.Its basically common knowledge here that he is Cotton's Bullet bred.

Just my opinions

Did you used to go on Mayfields old board mate ?....do you remember the black fella who was constantly arguing with Kershner about all that old Tudor blood he bred the Roderick dog that Elliot bred back to a Sixbits bitch i forget her name now but a chap i used to know obsessed with Colby blood had a pup sent to Europe billed as supposedly the best Colby blood outside the Usa....apparently none of the litter made the grade the one brought over here ended up in a pet home as she was cold as a cucumber the whole litter was a disaster....the black fella blamed it on the Sixbits blood ? he was a character.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
39 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Well there you have it, at least you have about as much knowledge on Colby dogs as me then. 

I can only go by what I have heard, that they still throw game dogs that are not used in their pure form because they lack other qualities. That people have also used them as an outcross not too long ago, dog men like Fat Bill. 

So you and your pals say they aren't game, must be true then. 

Id say i probably have a little bit more experience on Colby dogs than you in that i have actually seen one ?

Ever heard of a saying something like believe none of what you hear and onl...........f**k it i cant be bothered you crack on champ ?

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Id say i probably have a little bit more experience on Colby dogs than you in that i have actually seen one ?

Ever heard of a saying something like believe none of what you hear and onl...........f**k it i cant be bothered you crack on champ ?

Ok cool, what dog was it if you don't mind me asking? 

Even if you saw one that doesn't really mean much does it? The line has been peddled till the sun don't shine. 

You don't have a clue what's going on in the States, I'd say they have more info on what's going off over there. 

When numerous people claim they make a good outcross and well known dogmen have used them as such then I'll take their word over an English lad off here. 

You specifically said they are not game, a very bold statement to make IMO. 

Edited by Greb147