Stoat Attack

1 hour ago, big sid said:

not trying to hijack wilf but can someone give me an answer to this, last winter i had two pens with four oegb in each three hen and a cock in each they were out on free range a  on alternative days  one day i went out to find the cock in one pen dead lying in the run and the three hens still on the perch inside the coup, i thought it was because of the very cold and really wet spell  and then four weeks later it happened again in the other pen cock lying in the run and the hens all ok and in the coup, never lost any of the hens. as i said i thought it was the weather so didnt check for bite marks.

Maybe the hens killed him ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m the same mate, I love to see these things around. You just don’t want these things to turn into a problem. However, on a brighter note after 5 years half of my fields on the home place h

Exclusive trail cam footage from wilfs canary cage ....  

Posted Images

12 hours ago, gnipper said:

Did you have neighbours? 

Someone down our road had a massive cockerel and no hens and the bugger crowed all day, one of the neighbours went fence hopping one night and removed his voice box ( and his head) with a golf club I think it was. 

How is you Golf these days Gnipper.

Cheers Arry

Well men, the clever little f****r managed to spring 3 traps without a scratch ! 
re-set this morning and go for second time lucky......or unlucky as the case may be

3 minutes ago, big sid said:

no near houses so dont think it was a person, thought about the defending thing but after it killed the cock why leave the hens.

Maybe Couldn't reach them on the perch, where as the Cockerel came down on the ground to try an use its spurs, you know what cockerels get like around hens. 

5 hours ago, WILF said:

Well men, the clever little f****r managed to spring 3 traps without a scratch ! 
re-set this morning and go for second time lucky......or unlucky as the case may be

You’ve probably set them upside down 

do you want me to come and show you how ? 

Last time I went trapping they made it into a film , the revenant 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3