Stoat Attack

Went and checked my goslings this morning at 9am, had them under heat in my shed in a dog cage.

Went back at 12 and every single one has gone, found them down the back of my tools slaughtered and a guilty pile of mustelid shit right by them.

Found one part of the cage where the bars had been slightly widened at some point in its life and it got in there ! Brazen little b*****d ! 
So, Mk4s have been deployed by a couple of carcass that were left and at various point round the gaff.

The foxes are going to get a leathering too just for good measure.

Gutted :( 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m the same mate, I love to see these things around. You just don’t want these things to turn into a problem. However, on a brighter note after 5 years half of my fields on the home place h

Exclusive trail cam footage from wilfs canary cage ....  

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, WILF said:

Went and checked my goslings this morning at 9am, had them under heat in my shed in a dog cage.

Went back at 12 and every single one has gone, found them down the back of my tools slaughtered and a guilty pile of mustelid shit right by them.

Found one part of the cage where the bars had been slightly widened at some point in its life and it got in there ! Brazen little b*****d ! 
So, Mk4s have been deployed by a couple of carcass that were left and at various point round the gaff.

The foxes are going to get a leathering too just for good measure.

Gutted :( 

The joys of farming ??

Bad luck mate.

Stoat or mink ?,  neighbour had a mink in the hen house last week,  pure slaughter, he got the bugger though.

Atb j 

Natural born killers mate, had one swipe my daughters ‘baby bunnies’ a few years back........even though i kill hundreds of rabbits i was outraged it had come on my place and did that :gunsmilie:

19 minutes ago, jetro said:

The joys of farming ??

Bad luck mate.

Stoat or mink ?,  neighbour had a mink in the hen house last week,  pure slaughter, he got the bugger though.

Atb j 

Stoat mate, funny the boy came in and said “I have just seen a stoat behind the house” and then I discovered them gone.

im hoping to have the little b*****d over night 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, WILF said:

Stoat mate, funny the boy came in and said “I have just seen a stoat behind the house” and then I discovered them gone.

im hoping to have the little b*****d over night 

Good luck with it the hunt.

Great little animals, mighty hunters, but unfortunately when they start pulling stunts like this, there's only one way it can end.

Atb j 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, sid g said:

usually a b*****d to catch wilf --- good luck .

I left a couple of Mk4s by some dead that he had stashed and I’m hoping he is greedy enough to come back.

• Like 1

Spotted one of the beauties yesterday whilst out on a walk and on the drive home from work in the week, a Weasel crossed the M62 right in front of me. I cant believe it didn't get splattered, it just made it past my car and checked in my mirror to see if it made it. Luckily the lorry behind missed it too. 

• Like 1

not trying to hijack wilf but can someone give me an answer to this, last winter i had two pens with four oegb in each three hen and a cock in each they were out on free range a  on alternative days  one day i went out to find the cock in one pen dead lying in the run and the three hens still on the perch inside the coup, i thought it was because of the very cold and really wet spell  and then four weeks later it happened again in the other pen cock lying in the run and the hens all ok and in the coup, never lost any of the hens. as i said i thought it was the weather so didnt check for bite marks.

1 hour ago, big sid said:

not trying to hijack wilf but can someone give me an answer to this, last winter i had two pens with four oegb in each three hen and a cock in each they were out on free range a  on alternative days  one day i went out to find the cock in one pen dead lying in the run and the three hens still on the perch inside the coup, i thought it was because of the very cold and really wet spell  and then four weeks later it happened again in the other pen cock lying in the run and the hens all ok and in the coup, never lost any of the hens. as i said i thought it was the weather so didnt check for bite marks.

Did you have neighbours? 

Someone down our road had a massive cockerel and no hens and the bugger crowed all day, one of the neighbours went fence hopping one night and removed his voice box ( and his head) with a golf club I think it was.